Sephiroth in remake isnt handled neither better or worse than the original. It is handled differently

Sephiroth in remake isnt handled neither better or worse than the original. It is handled differently.
OG sephiroth relied being just a regular new villain that has an impact on you because you dont know about him.
Remake sephiroth is this but for newcomers, while remake sephiroth managed to bring his mysteriousness back for oldfags. They didnt want to settle to just present an already known character, they wanted to make the old character feel new again. You have people fearing hes gonna kill tifa, wondering who was actually sephiroth and who wasnt, if hes gonna summon meteor at all or do something bigger, etc. His mystery stayed the same but in a different way.
The claims that they showed sephiroth too much fits only if their intention was to keep sephiroth influence in the same way, and it is quite obvious it wasnt.

Attached: 1607710098104.jpg (1280x720, 303.91K)

tldr, not playing this "remake" ever sidgafydn.

>remake
>not better
>different
And that's why it was a mistake.

There's an interview where they say they first planned to keep it the same and not show him but then essentially said "fuck it" because they'd rather make scenes with him. It doesn't go deeper than that.

Attached: 1765484158.jpg (599x399, 149.63K)

Worse. Different is a cope

You need to get into theorycrafting youtube. Stop caring about the story being "good" or "bad" and watch people talk about the lore for hours and hours and hours.
Soon you won't actually care what is happening in the plot anymore and all that matters is what it adds to the lore.

For example Nero showing up in Remake is not good for the story, but it IS good for the lore and the theories.
Once you're a fan of FF7 theorycrafting literally everything that happens in the story, no matter what, is good - because it expands the lore. You can apply this to all the FF games and suddenly "bad writing" or "plotholes" simply disappear.

It's hard for me to compare them because this is just a continuation of the same character. He has gotten more control over Jenova/Sephiroth cells and found a way to mess with time. The game expects you to have played Crisis Core/Dirge of Cerberus/watched Advent Children. It doesn't matter what newcomers think because they shouldn't be playing a sequel before the original.

Based theorychad.
Chadley isn't a good addition to the plot BUT we get huge exciting edditions to the lore because his buttons have the gold saucer on them. This means we get to write and read books about the lore.
Once you take the theorypill it means it doesn't matter if Chadley is a good or bad edition to the story, you can just get hyped for his buttons having gold saucer on them.

Attached: button lore.png (746x1200, 660.42K)

>For example Nero showing up in Remake is not good for the story
>Chadley isn't a good addition to the plot
why?

He's treated different, yes.
That "different " just happens to also be WORSE. Just like the entire demake.

showed him way too early, the alley memory was all that was needed. shinra should have been the badguy till sephiroth being revealed at the end as a shadowy villain.

the remake shits allover itself and everything around it. still buying but i only expect the worst from here on out. though honestly i hope they explore genova more and her powers and abilities , isnt she the real villian anyways? id even like an alien horror flashback segment of how she destroyed the cetra and why.plus sexy shape shifting alien genova is ff7 real best girl.

posting on Any Forums while taking a shit is a more productive use of my time

Can't you read? It doesn't matter if they're a good or bad addition.

Like OP says, changes like these are neither better or worse. It's different.

>Like OP says, changes like these are neither better or worse. It's different.
I didnt say this.
Kefka as a villain is neither better or worse than sephiroth. It is treated differently.
Hows that related to "it doesnt matter it is good or bad"? of course it matters. It has to be good. We all care that it is good.

What wouldn't be good? I can't think of anything, other than Tifa falling for someone other than Cloud, or dying permanently.

Neither of those are ever going to happen. Anything else that happens will just mean more lore and a richer mythos and deeper worldbuilding. It's hard to think of anything that would be "bad" and even if they did add something "bad" it wouldn't take long for someone to come up with a theory that would make it interesting.

if they include something bad it's probably a metacommentary aimed at people who wanted it to be good

heh

dunno, depends on the person, whats good or bad?

>dunno, depends on the person, whats good or bad?
I'm asking you. What do you think wouldn't be good?

Reminder that Jenova is actually a virus/pathologon that infects host and modifying their behavior to follow its planet killing lifecycle.
That's why the Jenova was claimed to be an Ancient, because it was actually using a Cetra as a mutated host body

I used to say Genesis showing up wouldn't be good. But now that seems like it's going to happen so I've convinced myself that it's exactly what I wanted to happen all along.

Never gave much of a fuck for sephiroth, guy is hardly in the original, everytime you see him he's either a ghost or throws mutant Jenova, in my mind you don't even fight sephiroth, you fight Jenova indirectly through sephiroth , the guy was just poisoned even if he denies