Sim Racing is the most immersive gaming experience you can get in 2022

Just had a couple of mates around and we spent the whole time slamming time trials in Dirt Rally 2.0 in VR.
It was a fucking blast, we all agreed that the racing wheel + VR combo is the most immersion/realism you could get out of an in-home setup.
I'm genuinely wondering how you could top this

Attached: 67997aa38b7f134480e2c6a1613ef8c3.jpg (1200x1200, 266.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w0cTAuFSPI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy any cheap car and go to your local race track/any abandoned road at night.
What are you 10?
That thing costs more than any ATV and is 10x less fun.

>xboxhueg screen AND vr headset
kek
difference is if you crash you fookin die irl innit

>step into sim with whichever car you'd like and shred corners with no consequence
OR
>buy one piece of shit car just to snap a neck or get hooning charges

No contest.

I would love to get a VR headset and play some racing and flight sims, but I'm not spending $1k on a GPU.

Attached: Verstappen-Sim-2022.jpg (750x500, 43.21K)

more than that, with current prices
the best combo for simracing would be a g2 reverb with a 3080(ti)
hopefully, crypto continues to shit itself and/or eth manages to transition to pos
and then we get out cheap gpus

>Dirt Rally 2.0
>I'm genuinely wondering how you could top this
by not playing codemaster arcade racers

Show me one guy die on a dirt track on some stupid road at 70km with a role Cage.
The worse the car the slower it goes but it feels fast and if you have a racing setup you can't kill yourself.
You will never know how it feels to make a car lift all 4 Wheels from the ground.

This is the true richfag experience, not a PS5 or 3090 or anything else similar.

>3090
I mean, you want one anyway, those three monitors or that VR HMD aren't gonna render themselves.

I thought the VR headset did? I was mistaken on how that technology works then
Such is life as a nonrichfag

saying you can't kill yourself driving fast in a car is the most retarded hot-take I've ever seen

why put a tv there when she's using the VR headset anyways

Im not a carlet, why would i "play" it?

The "poorfag" VR option, the Quest 2, can function as a stand-alone, but games looks meh ans you can only use the dedicated controllers. You can plug it to the PC or connect over wi-fi to render, but it's your PC doing the heavy lifting.
If you have a more expensive VR headset, it's your PC doing the job.

You can't read but you call others retarded checks out
70km is like 43miles/h
And yes rally on dirt rods is slow as fuck and unless you do it near rivers or cliffs you can't kill yourself even if you try.
You can hit a tree head on and nothing will happen.
Scared go to a track go around in circles try to die there .

I use a screen mostly. VR is good but it's a headache to use for an extended period of time, there are also plenty of racing games that do not support it

I live in not-USA so I know exactly how fast 70km/h hour is you inbred fucktard.
>You can hit a tree head on and nothing will happen.
the laws of physics straight up tell you you're wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=w0cTAuFSPI4
lmao

>you can't kill yourself even if you try
say that to the guy who died in a rollover on last years amateur rally in finland
fucking muricans thinking a "role cage" makes them immune to rapid deceleration

Any car from 2006 onword can handle exactly 70km front impact and most expensive cars will do 90.(ever car has to pass this test )
You do 70 on a fuckin vespa without a helmet fuck you are pussys.
Have racing seatbelts and a roll cage and nothing will happen.
I'm guessing this is why you're "gamer's"

That car is from another Era

It would be the perfect immersive gaming experience but there's one major thing it's missing: A truly immersive singleplayer racing game. The only ones that somewhat bother with immersive racing careers are Codemasters and they fucking suck at it.

No but not hitting more than 70 fixes that problem do the math ask a doctor youl be fine all the way to 90km if it break's in 3 steps.

>dirt rally 2
>sim
Yeah ok buddy

Wtf op listen to me
get asseto corsa and all DLC
get asseto content manager
get CSP (custom shaders patch)
get SOL
you can find a youtube video to get the above
then get LA CANYONS map, turn on thunder and drizzle, invite your friends, have fun

DIRT 2.0 is more of a sim than assetto

Wheels are expensive and I'm poor

How do I fix this

[citation needed]
I live in Australia and people die all the time on country roads because of idiots like you thinking you're invincible.

more of an arcade*

If games like fucking goat simulator exist then I think Dirt Rally 2.0 more than qualifies

>it has simulator in its name so it's a sim

a game where ground contact is calculated on a single central point instead of all four tires does not qualify as a simulator

Oh so they use racing seatbelts when going around !?
Most idiots that die in cars are driving crap from the 80s 90s.
Do your own resurce I had a 50km date with a wall and nothing happened.

I would like to know what does. Not even for the argument, I want to know what's good

>I had a 50km date with a wall and nothing happened.
Except your car got fucking totalled