Pretty sure i'll still be playing this game when i'm rotting in a care home...

pretty sure i'll still be playing this game when i'm rotting in a care home, will anyone ever do the roguelite deckbuilder meme better?

Attached: 1630091438880.jpg (639x361, 30.67K)

I only know about this game because a vtuber I follow played it.

I love this game but fuck me is the rng bullshit at times. The start of the second level always fucks me over as I'm not strong enough after the first boss and the enemies hit too hard.
That said I'm talking about ascention, the base game isn't too hard.
I'm stuck on ascention 5 though.

always go for the events

"Blocks your path"

Attached: 1621965294718.png (700x700, 219.31K)

The game is so fucking short but the game design is absolutely perfect and carries the entire concept.
You just want to grind the shit out of A15/ A20 until you're doing Jorbs-tier spreadsheet autism.

I hate this game for starting the shit deckbuilding rogulikes trend.

>for starting the shit deckbuilding rogulikes trend.
??????????????????????? theres like only 3 games that do the same shit

I played breachwanders the other day and it was alright

There are literal dozens.
Just because you heard of 3 popular games doesn't change the fact that there are many more.

There probably exist 50k sidescrollers, so who the fuck cares.

I accept your concession

concession for what? I can probably go on GameJolt or itch.io and find 50 different StS clones that only 10 people played.

Yes, and sts started the deckbuilding trend and i hate it for that.

*plays my mandatory attack commons in your general direction*

I enjoyed Monster Train a bit more, since I never felt pigeonholed into making a particular deck like I did in StS. I still remember the first time I fought the heart, with a dagger build on the green guy, and the game basically said "fuck you wrong build, you use too many cards per turn."
Though to be fair, I never got that deep into the Monster Train ascension levels, or whatever they were called, before I wiped my HDD and didn't think about backing up my saves. And the were both pirated because they cost like fuckin $30 canadian

In monster train some of the archetypes were significantly worse than others though.
Also pretty much every run needs to have multistrike or you're dead.

I liked the game, but I don't get it why people can play it for this long. After a while, ascension is just not fun anymore and the new characters all feel convoluted and overdesigned.

I don't understand how anyone can play roguelikes beyond their first win desu.
I've tried pretty much all the most poppular ones and I couldn't stomach playing any of them for more than 10 hours, sometimes even less.
Every time I think about starting a new run and going through the early game slog until I get to the "real" run, I just don't feel like playing.

the crab is more frustrating in act 1

>Never played a console before the playstation 1
Back in my day, we restarted every time we played Gunstar Heroes, and we liked it that way!
Actually though, some people like playing the early levels because it helps to understand the mechanics of the game on a deeper level.
Of course, to each their own

I had a Genesis and I never got far in games as well.
The difference was I was a fucking child and video games were a novelty so i had the patience.

the early game is where an awful lot of critical decisions are made though
the actual combats are fairly straightforward out of necessity, but the card choices and relics largely dictate the direction of your deck
act 3 is probably the most boring since your deck is so formed that you can't really add as many things freely

brainlet

midwit actually

>A16 with Ironclad
i cant do it anymore.........

Who's your favorite character? Mine is Ironchad, I can't imagine not healing after every battle, especially in a game where it's rarely possible to block all damage.

So don't play them then

Problem solved

Silent. Any choice except watcher is acceptable.