Why do people hate it and say the first is better?

Why do people hate it and say the first is better?

Attached: Bayonetta-2.jpg (1024x576, 97.46K)

The game is designed around abusing witch time to get damage off on a lot of enemies, otherwise your attacks just don't land compared to the first where witch time is just a nice crutch and it's even disabled in the hardest difficulty. It makes the game really shitty to play as you get better at it, sure the spectacle and new things are nice for a casual player but taking any sort of dive into the mechanics of both games just highlights how poorly 2 is designed in a lot of ways. Also umbral climax is basically just a cheat mode that you need to use and abuse for good ranks, ignoring most other mechanics where with 1 you had to diversify your playstyle a good bit to get high ranks.

Bayonetta 2 is a game that wants you to be in Witch Time and spam Umbran Climax. Bayonetta 1 actually allowed for more player expression with it's gameplay.

>ugly hair
>Use Umbran Climax or Fuck You
>enemies block
>flying boss fights that focus more oh OOH SPECTACLE instead of fun mechanics
>annoying cockney kid
>final boss is a weenie
>final boss retroacively ruins Balder by implying he was under mind control by said weenie

Attached: blu.jpg (1024x576, 73.68K)

Because it's Nintendo exclusive

That's literally it

What can I expect from a casual normal mode playthrough? Of course loved the first one, enough to beat it on NSIC, but the gameplay stuff makes 2 seem really unfun to "git gud" at and play on harder difficulties. So what's a single, casual playthrough like? Is there room for exploration or does it still rely on umbral climax spam?

honestly just watch a playthrough on youtube you aren't missing much.
Hope they don't make Kaiju Battles the new Umbran Climax for 3.

Attached: 1631477672088.jpg (1152x2048, 206.82K)

soo close

cemu is a good emulator so i call bullshit

Okay but how do you know Bayo 3 won’t retroactively ruin anyone else, if that’s the case?

bayonetta is so fucking cute.

Because they made Witch Time a core mechanic instead of just a tool.
That's basically it.

It’s only disliked because 1 is a true 10/10 game while 2 is only a 9/10

I've occasionally read people say that if you only play through each game once you'll probably prefer 2, whereas if you replay them you'll eventually come to prefer 1. I agree with that, speaking as someone that used to like 2 better. 2 is still good, but for the reasons pretty much everyone else in this thread has mentioned its cracks start to show over time.

kind of reminds me, i'm really worried about 3 visually. 2s visuals are pretty much perfect but the trailer for 3 had parts that looked very not good...
maybe it's stuff made for the trailer only idk.
There's also the obvious downsize in resolution once they entered actual gameplay, though that may be fixed on yuzu/ryujunix

I know right?

Attached: Bayonetta 1583166115335.jpg (890x606, 177.11K)

Since its your first you will probably think it feels amazing, and for the most part it does, the new dodge animation flows nicely into new attacks, the new variety of attacks is very much welcomed, its just that as many anons said, the games WANTS you to spam Umbran Climax, besides that its not a bad game at all, people are hyperbole.

Attached: 1591645879807.gif (491x704, 3.22M)

First game appearance was ICONIC
second game had a generic anime 'do
you could tell me Bayo 2 was Sausuke and i'd believe you.

Attached: 1379535284709.jpg (473x489, 58.89K)

2 makes some nice additions to bayos arsenal but the game has way too many gimmick sections, like twice as many compared to 1, and the enemies themselves are too same-y but that's more because of witch time. right?

what do you think about bayo 3 then

The visuals were really uninteresting in the trailer. Bayo 2 was already outdated when it came out but I stopped playing several times just to look at the scenery, the art design was that good. Though I assume what they showed from Bayo 3 was just the intro mission and that's why it's a generic city like the first mission in 2.

Because it has worse gameplay and balance.