Playing ff for the first time

are all of them like this? this is what made millennials piss themselves in the 90s? its literally 70% cutscenes 20% walking and 15% rng gameplay
what was stopping them from just making it a VN or anime?? it's a moviegame before moviegames were a thing

Attached: Ffxboxart.jpg (256x374, 121.01K)

>70% cutscenes
That's why I'm "playing" it on youtube

Please stop shitposting. I know baiting is the only way to get replies, but you should have some standards for yourself. Especially if you are being "ironic".
I do not know what kind of replies you expect to get with OP like that.

Never played so should I see it on YouTube!?

>70% cutscenes 20% walking and 15% rng gameplay
Maybe you should stick with rpgs like DQ instead of playing story driven rpgs.

>what was stopping them from just making it a VN
Because VNs suck for storytelling.
>or anime?
It's too long to be an anime series or a movie.

Play V

stop being a disingenuous fuck and go play FFIV or VI

You're right that it's a moviegame, but back then moviegames meant something different than the "cinematic experiences" we have now. It was trying to be a movie that you could play. Square had just launched their failed Square Motion Pictures division with Spirits Within and was trying to become Japanese Pixar in terms of significance, but they failed miserably. FFX is a product of those times.

i am playing ffx rn and it's unironically what i was thinking the whole time

10 is one of the best, that's when they added voice acting, and the new materia-like system is awesome and exclusive to it

It's only the first hour or so. After the story is established there are only cut scenes after bosses or in a new area. Just push through little zoomie, you'll be mashing x in no time.

I like X leagues more than XIV. And Any Forums always dicksucks that game.

>but back then moviegames meant something different than the "cinematic experiences" we have now

How? Please explain this. Generally, 'cinematic experiences' are shit, but that's literally because they are western made AAA Hollywood wannabe games. FFX doesn't get good til you get almost near the end anyway, because the cutscenes and random battles are largely dogshit and interrupt everything all the time.

>beautiful music
>beautiful visuals
>soulful characters and story, even if somewhat cringe
It's just a memorable game because unlike most modern games it has beauty.

"Cinematic experiences" now mean the game plays on autopilot while the character keeps talking to themselves to narrate every little thing happening on screen. "Cinematic experiences" back then meant cutting-edge CGI, incorporating cinematography techniques from films, and high quality FMV cutscenes to make it feel like you were playing a movie. Think something like MGS vs. something like Last of Us. Both are "movie games" but completely different in how they actually handle it.

OP the same type of people who play Yakuza for the first time and go
>OMFG so much talking, it's soooo boring, I hate stories in my vidya!
Certain things are story centric, you may not like that because you've the attention span of a house cat on cocaine. Take your adderral then try again.

Attached: 1611093879495.jpg (702x702, 57.41K)

the gameplay is navigating menus
i like the story but im also eating full meals inbetween walking segments and bossfights

And? Older Jrpgs are like this, it comes with the territory.
Are the characters likable, are you invested in them?
Is the story intriguing?
Are the fights mechanically satisfying?
Is it enjoyable to build your characters?
If no, then just drop it. You're not going to like it.

this is the only good one.

Final Fantasy has always been garbage for the lowest common denominator, you can't sell that much otherwise, the big question here is why are you even bothering with the bottom of the barrel in the whole market.