Does indie musou games exist?

does indie musou games exist?
want to try a hack and slash genocide simulator that is actually playable with kb+m

Attached: 20220125170409_1.jpg (965x620, 121.3K)

No, because KOEI trademarked the genre

>want to try a hack and slash genocide simulator that is actually playable with kb+m
ENTER

Attached: Attack-on-Titan-2-AOT2.jpg (620x355, 64.09K)

Vampire Survivor is like 2d musou

why did they choose to use comic sans as the default font in that game?

shitpost elsewhere

Attached: file.png (659x759, 839.68K)

>Titan smashes a building
>Framerate drops to single digits

Attached: 1522967605669.jpg (318x301, 22.95K)

Sovl
Never an issue on my old rig, what CPU/GPU do you have

Attached: WhoCares.jpg (720x1103, 100.55K)

just a shitty laptop, but the performance is good outside of the dust effects from crumbling buildings

Does EDF count?

>kb+m
>+m
Why? Why do you need mouse for?
I just play them with wsad+ujkl
I NEVER need to control a camera in this genre.
Even on emulators.

Attached: rpcs3 2021-04-09 00-48-19.jpg (1920x1080, 361.51K)

Some people just can't stand controllers

Weird thing is sometimes Koei develops them and lets something like Bandai Namco to publish them and sometimes Koei publishes them and lets some 3rd party developers to make them. And its the kind of a game genre where you can just model swap 80% of the content and the rest of the game is already programmed.

Attached: One-Piece-Pirate-Warriors-3.jpg (1920x1080, 149.57K)

I mean I play on a keyboard. Or you can play on a fight stick. Or a wheel.
My point is you don't need mouse/second stick/whatever to control camera in these games, it's designed to move on its own and it just werks
Unlike Nioh

Alright, well, how close can I get to making a musou without crossing that line? I'm not op but this has crossed my mind on more than one occasion.

Attached: 20220117_044055.jpg (675x900, 160.85K)

just don't call it a musou and you're fine, but you're allowed to say it's "inspired by musous".

>Sengoku Basara
>Fate Extella
>Gintama Rumble
>Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact
Stop spouting retarded shit, the only musou thing they've trademarked is the name.

Is there any better cheeks in musou games than DW8 Zhurong? Whenever I play her levels or in Ambition mode I can't take my eyes off her jungle amazon ass.

Attached: Zhurongsbutt.png (405x468, 246.99K)

Musou games are basically just horde beat'em'ups so you should be lawsuit-proof. You just have to figure out some new mechanics to your game because its not going to compete with actual musou games that are full of flashy supers, voice acting and animu grills. Their production value is always going to be better than yours so you should improve the formula in its gameplay. 3rd person action RTSses is one idea but the RTS-part always suffers in those games because of the limited camera.

Noted. I've copy pasted your post into a little doc. Thank you.

Ninety nine nights was kino, shame its stuck on the 360