Spec ops does a great job at exposing losers

there are 2 types of people that played spec ops
>admitting fault and self reflecting
>sperging out and trying to blame literally anything but yourself
the latter are very stupid and low-conciousness cattle, thinks they get a free pass and can excuse their loser lifestyle by passing blame onto the powers that be. meanwhile the other side is prosocial introspective and honest (civilizational traits)

Attached: 1607374393139.jpg (600x338, 45.94K)

>admitting fault
I mean, I can understand and think of the narrative without needing to feel personally responsible for the white phosphorus scene

3 types of people
>players who realize their experiences are crafted by the developers and that most shooter developers are smoothbrains that just want to blow stuff up

I would dump willy pete all over those civilians without breaking a sweat. Me the real person, not the character in the game.

>>admitting fault
oh fuck off with this shit. you self-insert fags are the problem on both sides. what Spec Ops really excels at is exposing all of you self-insert faggots as smoothbrains. you are not the character in the video game and you can enjoy a narrative without pretending that you are the protagonist. grow the fuck up.

Yeah, I mean ultimately it is a work of fiction, you can understand the message without feeling personal guilt.

>read brothers Karamazov
>now feel guilty of murder because I let it happen to Fyodor Pavlovich by continuing to flip the pages
Bros... I can't go on like this... knowing I'm such a monster... I think I should just turn myself in to the police...

I played spec ops and liked it. Was like watching a movie about a soldier descending into madness. So I don't fit into your 2 options.

>game calls the player out
>"fans" go "STOP SELF INSERTING"

it's not self inserting when the game calls you, the player, out

>admitting fault
>nooooooo the hecking pixels are SUFFERING you're bad! bad bad bad bad bad
>FEEL BAD REEEE
No.

>game constantly breaks the fourth wall and addresses the player
>NOOOO YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO SELF INSERT
lol

don't care. I'll never ever self insert into any media even if it wants me to. I'm not capable of doing it.

Low IQ take, you are a retard, kys.

What fault? If I were put in charge of military action, I as a person, not the character in game, would glass those sandniggers to kingdom come without breaking a sweat and without losing sleep over it. Eat shit, I don't care about middle eastern shitholes.

That's great but you're in a thread defending a shitty game by saying you're not supposed to self-insert despite the narrative being built literally entirely around the idea of self-inserting so idk I guess you're retarded or something?

No actually, it does a terrible job. Hence the backlash. Had it done it done it well, it would have been a classic.

Attached: false.jpg (298x310, 16.55K)

Fantastic game. Very enjoyable.

Attached: 1494599605585.jpg (500x412, 54.23K)

The point SOTL was trying make would have come accross much better if you didn't have to pay 60 bucks for it.
"Just don't keep playing" is the kind of message you can have in a free flash game, not a AAA release. As such the guilt slinging is basically a swing and a miss.

Based Israeli

No choice doesn't make me self reflect.
The Walking Dead did it right, giving you choices (even if those were imaginary) and calling you out on it.

A gotcha cutscene won't make me feel bad.

I liked the game though. The same way I'd like a movie about the same thing

Imagine arguing over a really basic, crap third-person shooter.

Spec ops doesn't break the 4th wall, but pokes a hole through it. It doesn't shame you for killing people for no reason, but rather offers a unique form of storytelling. Yes, fucked up thing happen because you chose to keep going, but that's not a bad thing, it's how the story is meant to be played.
It's a metanarrative on the same wavelength of Undertale, which is merely a hypothetical exercise of "what if RPG monsters had feelings?" (and not an ebin game about friendship, unlike what retarded tumblr shitters think).
It's nothing more nor less than that.

Attached: Vergeel.png (1152x628, 71.82K)

shut up walker

smoke this cig

>The point SOTL was trying make would have come accross much better
It wouldn't have. "Stop consuming media depicting upsetting things because doing so is bad" is an utterly retarded message regardless of what price tag you attach to it.

The bioshock gotcha trumps the spec ops gotcha.

>Does a game with bad writing
>It's a game with a linear story and you can't change it in any way
>I-I-It's your fault that t-t-t-these things are happening

Low IQ take and Low quality bait, next.

Spec Ops, just like Far Cry 2 and just like Apocalypse Now, is just a Heart of Darkness ripoff.

>rip off
It's a direct inspiration, just like Apocalypse Now, you absolute bellend.

>spec ops does a great job at exposing losers
agree, pretentious losers sperging out and trying to defend faulty storytelling

Overrated ccrap made for brainlet mutts

OP's right, but for the wrong reasons.

If I see someone likes Spec-Ops, I immediately know they're cringe.

dont look inside walker trackmaster kfc

Good thing that is nowhere near the point SOTL was trying to make.

You do realise "direct inspiration" is just prettied up, fancy word way of saying "I have no ideas of my own so I ripped X/Y/Z off" right?
Why deal with the bootlegs when you can just read Heart of Darkness.

>game constantly breaks the fourth wall and addresses the player
not really

Classic example of dunning-kruger right here.

lmao @ the people that without a hint of irony are confirming ops post by blaming literally anything else but themselves
yeah bro theres totally nothing fallible about playing a warcrime simulator for fun, then throwing a tantrum when the devs point out how pathetic you are

Funnily enough it was made by a butthurt European studio that was outraged their publisher forced the game on them. It's particularly funny to me since the older spec ops games were pretty hardcore mil sims in an age long before Arma became the standard. They completely missed the point.

reminder

Attached: Screenshot_20220118-182300.jpg (847x594, 122.21K)

t. 120 IQ "intelligent" person

How does this game hold up in 2022? I've owned it for years, but never gave it more than an afternoon.

Screencapping your own obsessed post is cringe.

At no point was the game advertised as a warcrime simulator, so it is you who is retarded.

It literally is and was outlined as such in interviews.
Yes really.

You've never read Heart of Darkness. Probably never even played any of those games either. There's some superficial similarities but that's it. For Far Cry 2 they just flat out said "We mostly ripped off the idea from Red Harvest", which I'm guessing is a book you've never heard of, and Spec Ops is so not Heart of Darkness that you'd actually claim it's ripping it off just makes you look like a massive retard.

WALKER WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THAT TODDLERS FIRST SHIT LOOK ON UR FACE

GAS DRILL LETS FUCKING GOOO!!!!

>>game calls the player out
Bait.

It's not my post at all
Do you some more copes left?

Reminder that COD did everything tranny ops tried to do but better
You can seethee and dilate now :^)

>there are 2 types of people that played spec ops
What about the third type that thought it was kinda "ok?"