Was making this game really that bad?

I heard metroid prime was a nightmare to make. Is it true?

Attached: Metroid_Prime.jpg (640x908, 84.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tuc8X9qKePo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>asking Any Forums if something is true

Tons of games are a nightmare to make.

That’s why there has been an industry wide brain drain

>americans under jap management
>developing a brand new game for a brand new console
yeah, I imagine it was.

After seeing results of their work Shiggy threw it all in the trash and then had to hold their hand the entire way explaining them literally everything about videogames

Name 5 of the most notorious examples from a fairly well known title

Pretty much every single game on PS3 due to the nightmare architecture. So that's hundreds of games

mass effect andromeda, cyberpunk 2077, halo infinite, fallout 76, gta trilogy remaster

Nintendo was very nosy about its development and kept interjecting. Probably not the worst experience making a game ever but certainly less than desirable.

Is Metroid II: Return of Samus any good?
The first Metroid game was garbage and the third, Super Metroid, was kino even if it had some flaws?
I finished Samus Returns but it didn't have the original game after finishing it. Zero Mission had the first one when completed and, despite the fact that I just tried it, it was a feature that had lots of soul.

Wasn't N64 also a nightmare to develop on? Not a snoy just heard this was the case

if you don't think the first one has any merits then you probably wont appreciate 2

Attached: egg.jpg (245x206, 11.12K)

there's no way you'll like Metroid II if you disliked the first one

If you don't like Metroid 1 then you won't like Metroid II.
Play AM2R instead if you want another take on Metroid II. It plays a lot like Zero Mission.

Metroid 2 is the same kind of clunky retro as the first metroid is but it also introduced a lot of stuff that would become staples to the series. Controlling Samus genuinely is better and besides the screen crunch and lack of colors it it a clear improvement over the first title in nearly every way. I'd recommend you playing with a printed out map though since it can be easy to get yourself lost in even with the more linear structure. Other than that the game can get repetitive with you just spamming missiles to kill metroids to progress but I wouldn't call it too frustrating on the same level as "Nintendo hard" games. Something i will give metroid 2 credit for is that it has a horror presentation to it that excels on the limited sound and visuals of the gameboy yet both remakes failed to capture that same feeling. Basically the further you progress the less music you hear and the less enemies you encounter since the further you progress into the cave system the deeper in metroid territory you are and the threat is shown by how barren things get up to the last area since metroids devoid things of life, showing how huge of a threat they really are without blatantly saying it.

TL;DR metroid 2 is better than 1 in most ways but you still may or may not like it. Super is a giant leap forward for the series while metroid 2 is just a few steps if that makes sense.

I like Metroid Prime conceptually and nostalgicly but I recently tried it again my gamecube and it was so boring, so extremely boring. Reading, reading, reading, lock on bullet spam, get power up, back tracking, reading, lock on bullet spam, reading, readingand so on. The music and visuals are great tho just not fun to play

Ys iii

My dream job

It was pretty crazy.
youtube.com/watch?v=tuc8X9qKePo

Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Final Fantasy 13-3
Final Fantasy 15
Jackie Chan

Attached: oh boy.jpg (460x500, 47.25K)

Never heard of the series. Is it good?

why does every video game youtuber sound like such a faggot

The third game was so controversial every prominant person involved in I and ii left the company. Beyond that, some of the games that came after are okay. Just consider them fanfiction.

Majora’s Mask was such a never ending hell crunch, that apparently the bleak and dark tones from the story came from the atmosphere at the dev’s office

Yeah I know, but his content is good

>every single game on PS3
>hundreds of games
lol

Attached: 1303910264387.jpg (400x326, 34.74K)

This is what shiggy want's everyone to believe about every single project.

>Metroid 1
>multiple hacks, QoL patches, even shit like Metroid Planets add mini-maps and better movement
>Metroid 2
>absolutely nothing
Very sad.

I don't think so, the engine was already complete before they even got the Metroid license, the main issue was that they had more out there story ideas and Nintendo kept restraining them.

What would you need a patch for?