This one is the best one, and you either know that or you're an idiot

this one is the best one, and you either know that or you're an idiot

Attached: vidya.jpg (191x250, 8.46K)

but the combat sucks supposedly

maybe if youre from reddit

Character moves too slow and the dice roll combat doesn’t translate to a first person ARPG, everything else is really good

You're a retard.

can you be any more of a caricature?! "doesn’t translate to a first person" it plays just fucking fine, you fucking dumbass

play it in third person then, r-tard

Morrowind's combat doesn't suck, YOU suck.
Many, too many people haven't bothered to understand that Morrowind's fighting style doesn't lend itself to button mashing. Don't spam the left mouse button, you're not playing Oblivion or Skyrim, fighting like this quickly runs out of stamina, which affects your chance to hit. After a few attempts, you should doubt that charged shots are more effective because giving yourself time to catch your breath and regain stamina makes you hit more often. A fight based on measuring one's stamina bar should be particularly popular these days, given the usual fried air about Dark Souls.
It doesn't really take long to start with a PC with a perfectly decent, if not good, chance of hitting. Character creation allows you to create someone who is not an expert, but absolutely knows how to get by. Starting with a higher skill in Long Blades, grabbing the dagger in the Imperial Census office, attempting to attack a crab and finding that * legasp * doesn't hit easily with the weapon we have abilities at 15 out of 100 shouldn't let us think that the problem is the game. If you don't know how to use a weapon, you don't score.

It's the only one I can replay unmodded these days (if you don't count OpenMW as a mod)
Oblivion aged horribly
Skyrim aged too, but is fun with mods

Morrowind has that pure soul that is timeless and always enjoyable

Attached: screenshot024.jpg (1920x1080, 883.92K)

No it doesn't. Morrowind was my first TES and while I like the world and mood, there are some seriously dated design aspects. There's a reason one of the most recommended mods/launchers for the completely rewrites the original game's code, reworks the combat system to be more tolerable, and completely overhauls the graphics. The base game isn't actually that well liked or even good -- people just love the idea of "Morrowind".

Attached: Vivec.jpg (1920x1080, 778.25K)

>if you don't count OpenMW as a mod
It is.

In a way, but it doesn't change the mechanics or replace any content, it just makes the game run more smoothly and look a little better on modern systems

I still believe that Morrowind plays the best Unmodded of all 3 modern TES games

Attached: screenshot023.jpg (1920x1080, 1.08M)

>if you don't count OpenMW
i do,
i play it actually unmodded,
unless you count the few mods i added

Literally nothing you spent ten minutes typing is true

Playing without OpenMW is just stupid, unless you want to use heavy scripting sex mods
OpenMW is just Morrowind, but it runs better & never crashes

Give me your best mw memes

Attached: 1644391597553.png (661x623, 538.08K)

Attached: screenshot012.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

It does, just like the rest of the TES games.

you're fucking retarded, OpenMW is basically only for multiplayer
otherwise if you want to use the avalanche of mods made over 15 years, newsflash, ya gotta play the vanilla engine

Okay, enjoy your crashes
OpenMW works with 95% of mods, only exceptions are heavy scripting mods that haven't been updated, and you don't want to use those for a first playthrough anyway

Playing vanilla Morrowind in 2022 is like gimping yourself on purpose

same. I don't count openmw as a mod, because soon it's going to be the only real way to play the game.

Actually the latest dev builds of OpenMW have begun to implement script extender functionality
It won't be long until it's compatible with 100% of mods

I understand the nostalgic appeal of playing Morrowind in the original engine, but openMW "just works"

As an ESO player, I never want to step foot in Morrowind/Vvardenfell or Skyrim ever again
Give me more Summerset desu

this is an image i downloaded from another user, it shows just how personally your journey through Morrowind is, how you're free to plop your stuff anywhere in the world to decorate and set the atmosphere

Attached: vista.jpg (1712x960, 345.75K)

thanks for the long reply user, worth it

>compatible with 100% of mods
on that day i will fully adopt it, until then same 'ole

For me it's the good O'blivion

Attached: b41[1].png (736x960, 329.03K)

>I understand the nostalgic appeal of playing Morrowind in the original engine
I don't.. it's some strange boomer mentality and eventually they're going to need something like wine to run the original after the ancient ass executable can't be hacked enough to work with modern hardware. mean while us openmw enjoyers will be playing away and enjoy the superior optimized morrowind experience.

>It won't be long until it's compatible with 100% of mods
OpenMW-lua isn't the same as MWSE-lua, it mods be compatible without someone converting them manually, which to be fair plenty of modders have said they'd be happy to port their MWSE-lua mods to OpenMW once it actually has a finished lua implementation.