Is it safe to admit that it sucked ass yet? It's pretty much Final Fantasy XV by Atlus

Is it safe to admit that it sucked ass yet? It's pretty much Final Fantasy XV by Atlus.

Attached: Shin-Megami-Tensei-V-statistics-and-facts.jpg (1280x720, 77.02K)

It's a great game and one of the best JRPG of all time. Shouldn't you be busy pretending Elden Ring is the tortanic eight now?

kys snoy

Had more fun with this than any JRPG released since FFX/Digital Devil Saga.

>It's pretty much Final Fantasy XV by Atlus
How so? Because it took what felt like a long time? Four years isn't comparable to the ten years it took for FFXV to come out

XV wishes it was SMTV

It was fantastic. Its only problem was that the characters were unmemorable

FPBP

I played an hour and deleted the game then destroyed my Switch. Games are trash.

if this is "one of the best JRPG of all time" I understand why japan is moving away from the genre

It's absolute garbage, probably the most poorly told story in a major JRPG.

>shitposting right on cue
Embarrassing.

It's incredible how little effort V puts into getting you invested in it. The game chucks some anime characters in your face and promptly plops you into sand world assuming you'll care. This opening feels like someone played the first hour of Nocturne and assumed it boiled down to executing character introductions followed by an apocalypse as fast as possible, but they missed the part where Nocturne sew's the seeds of all it's game-long plot threads as well as both micro and macro goals within that time frame, which is why it works so well at getting you invested. IV's opening lacks Nocturne's tight pacing and density of context, but it eventually manages to get you invested in the world itself which I still found valuable and engaging. V's world does not establish any sense of intrigue or mystery. The nature of the world is nonchalantly revealed later and does not even try to ilicit any kind of suprise or excitement. More importantly, the game lacks a strong sense of place, and this is highlighted by the fact that all facilities are located within the glowing save point nodes, meaning that the shop, cathedral of shadows, save point, and heal station have no place in the world, they're just menu's. What you get from the world instead is standard triple-A trinket bloating; superflous pick-ups to fuel the numerous progression systems and sidequests spread throughout maps that are large and time consuming to traverse with otherwise little substance. Pick a branching path on the map, spend a minute running down the path, pick up your item, then turn around and piss off backwards. This is not a world. This is a list of chores spread across geometry made up of context sensitive jump blocks, invisible walls, and a constant bombardment of a singular aesthetic and asset stock that wears out it's welcome and draws attention to it's artificiality before it gets out of tutorial mode.

forgotten very quick so yes

Your pills jar? Full.

>It's pretty much Final Fantasy XV by Atlus.

How so?
SMT5:
didn't take 10 yeas to make
Isn't casual pandering
doesn't need a novel, movie, anime shorts, and DLCs out of the ass to tell it's story

He's typically the one that makes these threads so it shouldn't be too surprising

PLA is below SMT V on metacritic, btw

>It's pretty much Final Fantasy XV by Atlus.
No. It's not pretty much a Square developed action game. It's very much a very gameplay focused turnbased RPG.

guys someone is posting memes in generel, report to your supervisors this instant

fpbp

Attached: 1644775624050.jpg (567x633, 58.46K)

Come on now, you have to admit that end part was pretty bad with overly easy final bosses.

I've been big SMT fan for a long time and i was disappointed by SMT5's endings.

Sorry bro it was fun

Brutal.

>with overly easy final bosses.
Welcome to SMT. No, Final being the exception isn't a rule.

>I've been big SMT fan
The classic shitposter phase for any series.

>Come on now, you have to admit that end part was pretty bad with overly easy final bosses.

that still doesn't make it FFXV levels of bad

Im surprised how much shit taste this board has, then i realize this is thr Switch generation were talking about, that has literally zero standard and barely play games.

SMT5 is the one reason I bought my Switch and it was by far the worst SMT game I've played, even the 50 people I streamed it to agreed. I can't comprehend how you can even come close to speaking that highly of such a shitshow of a game.

Nah. Even if it's one of the worst in the mainline series, it was still a pretty good game. It's just not one I'll remember very easily with how unfinished the story felt, half-baked the characters were, and how the environments were 90% featureless deserts and empty buildings.

Music was phenomenal, combat refined as usual, and seeing demons in their proper size/form across the world was fucking awesome. SMTV may not be a game I'll constantly be thinking about in a year, but everything they put together does make me excited for an eventual sequel. Whenever the fuck that happens.

Dropped it after the 5th garbage wind platforming puzzle

Kek, keep SEETHING, SnOY tranny

I would argue the combat was pretty shit overall because of how certain mechanics works, the megasushi system was awful, and the level scaling was the worst addition to the series.

Why is this autistic poster in every thread? What mental illness is this?

>It's a great game and one of the best JRPG of all time
Shut up, idiotic Nintendo fanboy. You don't know anything about video games, let a lone what makes a good JRPG.

I liked the combat, but I agree on those two points PLUS dampeners were a really bad addition.

>the combat was pretty shit
It's the best playing SMT.

>how certain mechanics works
Which are better than any of the previous games.

>the megasushi system was awful,

>useful utility skills are bad
What an idiot.

>level scaling was the worst addition
Addition?

I got invested in the gameplay, and the story is concise enough that it gets its point and themes across without 10 hours of cutscene. 11/10 game, I've beaten it 6 times.

Should I play SMT V, Nier Replicant or Xenoblade Chronicles?

I played it for the sexy female demons and Beano trap ass. It was worth it.

Yeah dampeners were fucking stupid and easily abused. Its like they made the base game, made some cool animations, and rushed the rest of the project so it was a haphazard mess of poor design. I was laughing at end game to how fucking dumb the scenario built up, moreso when Odin had that stupid squeeky ass voice.

I think demi fiend was the only hard fight, even then, it was a chore because it requires precise building. But yeah, the flaws are countless. Literally every third party game that ended up on the Switch ended up sucking, what the fuck, its thw Wii U all over again.

It's fucking trash even compared to IV and IVA

You agree on factually wrong information? And there's nothing wrong with dampeners. Having usual utility options is good game design.

Magatsuhi definitely didn't feel fleshed out with how some skills were just so much better than others. But with how the bosses were fucking damage sponges, it felt appropriate to have a button that just made you do serious damage in a single turn. That and I really didn't enjoy the Smirk system much, so as far as battle gimmicks go, I'll take the magatsuhi skills any day. Level scaling didn't pop up as an issue for me personally. I get it's not good, but I always found myself either at the level of what I was dealing with, or slightly under. To which, if I was slightly under, it became a really awesome uphill battle with a proper sense of danger to each turn.

Demon recruitment was fine, press-turn system is great as always, animations felt fucking meaty as hell (goddamn Sakanagai), bosses were fun challenges for the most part, and having so much easy customization of my demon crew was great. Like I said, definitely a lesser entry in the numbered mainline games. But I enjoyed it enough and excused a lot of bits considering all of the games have some hard bullshit you have to deal with. Story, characters, and world design though absolutely seal it in as a worse entry though.