Why did the regenerating health meme in FPS games die? Was Doom 2016 the turning point?

Why did the regenerating health meme in FPS games die? Was Doom 2016 the turning point?

Attached: IMG_20170722_223540124_HDR.jpg (1836x3264, 1.25M)

is that an amog...It can't be

HIV!?

>Take cover
>Pop out of cover to take potshots at the enemies
>Screen turns red
>Duck back into cover
>Wait until the call of duty jam fades away
>rinse and repeat

Good riddance, high octane balls to the wall shooters and 100 times more fun

thats a real sussy bruise

it never made sense in any game that wasn't Halo desu.

HIV doesn't enter your blood retard, it's in your dick

bait

Not really. Halo infinite has regenerating health and it's more gameplay intensive then Doom and has more varieties in approach. It's all about game design in my opinion, if you want to make a good cover shooter just force players to flank the enemies and that will open up gameplay for more intense action.

TNO was several years before D2016 and it was an AAA shooter with medkits, overheals and armor stacking.

Battle Royales killed it.

This is why I'm never getting vaxxed.

then how do women have it

Comp players are literally too retarded to deal with people regenerating health.
You can even look to shit like the tf2 competitive community that got ALL passive healing to slowly ramp up over time if you haven't taken damage.

Attached: 1644093233609.jpg (604x604, 52.75K)

This. regenerating health is a dogshit mechanic

Yeah and halo is trash

>muh comp boogeyman

thats cooties

You can whine but literally every game designs for these retards.

enjoy your tetanus, I guess?

Cringe

That looks like an animal bite.

>Halo comes out and changes FPS design from health and armor pickups
>Any Forums shits itself for close to two decade about how Regenerating health bad, lmao jam on screen, lmao cod
>Competitive players voice that health regen is unbalanced and they want clear damage thresholds over the course ot the match back
>Any Forums now suddenly loves regenerating health for being more fun and how pickups are only for comp no-lifers

>TNO
>AAA shooter
An absurd fabrication. A blatant lie.

Health regen is the biggest filter in gaming since the 2 weapon limit

I've been around since 2004 and hated neither. The reason that regenerating health is gone however is fucking retarded.