Is Elder Ring going to be as prolific in the gaming industry as the legendary Ocarina of Time zelda?

is Elder Ring going to be as prolific in the gaming industry as the legendary Ocarina of Time zelda?

Attached: vidya.jpg (445x320, 62.06K)

Ocarina isn't even top 3 in its own franchise

that sounds untrue

Attached: drank.jpg (124x261, 8.31K)

I doubt it. It just seem to be Dark Souls greatest hits with worse combat than Sekiro, which will be great and even goty material, but nothing groundbreaking.

link to the past, links awakening, majoras mask

Oracle of Ages + Oracle of Seasons are better than Link to the Past / Link's Awakening

so that pushes ocarina out of the top 5. OP completely BTFO

no is not too relevant outside of Fromfan circles

not as hyped as Cyberpunk, Red Dead and such from memory, then again OoT didn't need that kind of hype

Does it matter though? All I want is open-world game that can scratch my adventure itch while also being incredibly hostile at every corner. Whether it becomes some monumental game changer for years to come is irrelevant to me.

Attached: 1559281983644.png (128x110, 26.96K)

No, ER is just DaS 6
OoT completely revolutionised the entire gaming industry. I doubt any vidya will ever touch and change the industry as OoT did ever again.
Though never say never right.

never played a souls game
I love open world adventure games
love RPGs
Really want ER to be good for everyone and it will be great for me as long as they don't 180 the aesthetics and turn it into some demonic shit.

Attached: 1599391462273.jpg (250x250, 8.18K)

There might still be some kinda VR game that establishes how VR games should play or something like that.
But yeah, I think normal vidya is too hollywood now to really see huge innovations like Zelda happen and actually stick in a way that they did back when 3D was new and exciting.

I don't think we're getting that fortunately, though we might get something weird down the line.

I dont think you realize how mainstream From games are these days.

FYI you cant pause in Soulslikes
Most people don't care but its a dealbreaker for me.

BASED, it will be my first dark souls game too, so i hope it's great
it may just be my personal Ocarina of Time

I am fine with weird but as long as it doesn't turn into gothic, demonic or shitty setting like that, like we go to hell.
I just want a fantasy world, want to fight monsters and enchanted knights and dragons not grotesque monstrosities.
I can already see ER is still a grimdark setting not high fantasy I can deal with that but my purchase is reliant on it not turning into a fucking hellish gorefest aesthetics.
That is why I am waiting for a few days for a full game playthrough on YT. I wont watch it all I will just skip in increments to see what aesthetics it goes into.
I really do hope it doesn't go down that road though as I have wanted to play a souls game for over a decade now.

>you cant pause in Soulslikes
What does that even mean?

Why have you not played souls games before user?

If it helps, the leaks haven't shown anything like the ones you described. Though there is this very red sky and depressing looking area filled with dragons and some fort of plagued people.

You literally cannot pause the game

>What does that even mean?
It means there is no pause button in dark or demon souls.
Sekiro did have one though.

That is fine I have skipped through some of the anons leaks yesterday and might have seen that red sky area a bit but the bitrate was so shit i didn't watch much of it.
I am genuinely gonna wait for anyones full walkthrough or ER and skip in like 10 min increments to see what direction it goes in, if there is none of that shit, I will buy it.
I really do want to play it though that demonic crap can ruin a game for me.

>You literally cannot pause the game
>no pause button in dark or demon souls.
why would that be an issue?
Yeah I guess if you randomly got fucked by an enemy in a situation where you thought you were safe it would be annoying and in souls games dying is tedious as you have to trek back for the XP and do the same shit again, ER is kind of more lenient with more checkpoints.
Though I am not a tard, I would put myself in a safe situation and when I play vidya I play for like 12 hours straight only stopping for a few mins to make a drink, have a piss,smoke or eat a snack.

>why would that be an issue?
because I might need to answer the door? respond to shit going on in my house? take a piss? teleporting to a bonfire is penalised and thats dumb, theres plenty tryhard shit in the game, not being able to pause is just a stupid oversight. if youre worried about people menuing just make it a real pause where you can do anything except unpause.

Godspeed user. Though I really would advice against actively spoiling yourself just to avoid a potential area you will dislike, but, to each their own. I will probably look up how to get the best ending first lol.

>not being able to pause is just a stupid oversight
Sounds more like a you problem

>why would that be an issue?
Some people really hate it, don't have an issue with it either.
Though not being able to pause during a boss fight has caused me to die a few times, but whatever, I understand why the option isn't there.

if it makes me not buy their game it's definitely not my problem

It'll be a prolific flop. Not as bad as Cyberpunk but close.

Sounds like you just arent hardcore enough for fromsoft games, user

I can't see it dethroning dark souls as ultimate goat

No it absolutely is not.

Cyberpunk is good now though, it's almost time to actually play it the first time

>zeldashit
>prolific
can't tell if this is americans or just n1ncels

Attached: miyazaki_excited.png (452x752, 769.94K)

I am not too interested in PvP so that makes no issue to me if that is what you mean by menuing.
I guess there is no pause because people can abuse it and frame the enemies attack, basically getting inhuman reactions to the animations. Not that it is used often but you can do that against shitty input reading AI in fightan games so this is like a hack n slash version of that. They want the game to be a challenge the player overcomes and pausing for frame advantage is a cheat.

desu senpai idk why no pause would be such an issue for you. afaik bonfires are safe in those games so you get to a bonfire and chill. If something IRL happened that you have to get away from the game even mid fight then that is how it is IRL always first, it is just a vidya.

>actively spoiling yourself
I am not going to spoil myself. afaik souls stories are like barebones, told mainly in environmental situations and NPC dialogue.
None of these things I am looking at, I just want to see the aesthetics of the entire game and make sure it doesn't do a 180 where initially it is grimdark fantasy buy 2/5 of the way it turns to gothic demonic shit.
I will just be skipping, seeing the environment, seeing the enemies for a few seconds and skip again, if it is a cutscene or dialogue just skip, see a boss I will just look at it's design and skip.
From what anons have said here bloodborne did a 180 later in the game where it turned into some alien multidimensional shit.