60fps is inferior

One of the most regressive things in the industry is new games in 2022 being released with a fucking 60fps cap. Look at Elden Ring.
Obviously the reason for this is pathetic companies like Sony and Nintendo trying to stay afloat. They don't want people buying PCs to play with uncapped framerates, they want the low-quality experience to be the same across all platforms. Pathetic

All consolefags must burn for supporting anti-consumer practices. I would throw in Steamfags and Epicfags too.

Attached: download - 2022-02-18T062530.695.jpg (474x127, 8.19K)

stupid consoomer

Attached: 1645163176849.png (725x664, 346.99K)

some mod nigger will prolly uncap the framerate like they did with sekiro

>2012
>was content with sub 60 fps
>2022
>60fps feel like a slideshow

>Obviously the reason for this is pathetic companies like Sony and Nintendo trying to stay afloat
I'm pretty sure that's just FromSoft being as technically incompetent as ever.
Also this

60 FPS caps are borderline acceptable, but it sure is a waste of 120Hz screens.
What is not acceptable is using Vsync to force the cap.

>2005, content with 30fps
>2008, content with 60fps
>2011, content with 60-90fps
>2022, NEED 100+fps, 60fps looks like shit especially with a mouse. not too bad with a controller.

The only reason 60Hz looks bad is because of pixel persistence.
If you could insert blackness in between, it would look smooth.
It doesn't have to be eye-watering either if the blackness doesn't last long.

>another soulsfag tantrum
just stop playing these turds

people unironically use vsync on when they have gsync

You don't "need" >80 FPS to enjoy a video game. Not 30 years ago, not today.

60fps feels choppy in first person games using a mouse, especially when you're used to more

>Obviously the reason for this is pathetic companies like Sony and Nintendo trying to stay afloat. They don't want people buying PCs to play with uncapped framerates, they want the low-quality experience to be the same across all platforms.
no, the reason for this is quite simply japanese people being abysmal at programming.
I see the same thing at my job where I work with some industrial software made in Japan and it's shit
japs should stick to the things they're good at, like hardware

And people like you unironically don’t understand how vsync and gsync works and why under certain conditions it can be optimal.

Frametime differences can cause tearing within the hz range of your monitor even with gsync on if you don’t have vsync on. If someone’s plan is to cap the game near max refresh rate and they don’t want any tearing they should use vsync +gsync.

15-30 years ago I'd say you're right but modern monitors don't work the same way as tube tv/mon ones. There's this thing called mprt (moving picture response time).

>Frametime differences can cause tearing within the hz range of your monitor even with gsync on if you don’t have vsync on
No they can't.
>If someone’s plan is to cap the game near max refresh rate and they don’t want any tearing they should use vsync +gsync.
They should be using Afterburner + Gsync.

Before I got a 120hz display 60fps seemed just fine. But once you experience 120, you can't go back. It's immersive on a whole new level than RTX and meme occlusion trash, I always turn off the memes to achieve max frame rate. FPS uber alles

You don't need it at all with g-sync. I have a 144hz monitor and 120hz TV with a universal frame cap of 115 in Nvidia control panel. There is absolutely no point turning on vsync. If you get tearing with g-sync on and vsync off then your gsync isn't working.
Not to mention the vsync input lag.

I've been at 120 fps for 6 months and 60 fps is terrible. Also in 10 years consoles will still be at 22-28 fps

i literally do not care about framerate as long as there is no input delay.

so your autism about framerate knows no bounds