Devil May Cry

The style system is bad and should never have been implemented.

Attached: gsy.jpg (1920x1080, 117.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/2093
youtube.com/watch?v=e-PqwCrQlps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why?

Too complicated for your pea brain?

Attached: 1644342176739.gif (150x150, 188.83K)

you must be one of those homosexuals I have read about

In DMC 3 because it restricts the player for no good reason. Why are a handful of gun abilities locked to the useless gunslinger style? DMC 2 had those as part of the regular move set. Trickster adds a few dodges, why do we need an entire character class for that?

In general: because there's bound to be a better solution between character modes. Games like Bayonetta don't need that shit.

>Bayonetta releases
>99% of everything in Trickster, Royal Guard, and Sword Master are in her base kit with no D-pad switching
>Only thing she doesn't have are very specific moves from each style and some Royal Guard shit
>Even styles like Quicksilver and Doppelganger are built in

>DMC5 releases
>Doesn't really add anything new to any of the styles
>Doesn't get rid of the input gating anyway

It's there to make retards realise how it's really meant to be played
Baldr Sky only has a combo counter instead of a style meter and I've seen an user claim that he skipped all the fun combos you can do and only used ranged weapons DMC2-style

How are the combos in Baldr sky?

>DMC
>complicated
L to the O to the L

Attached: 1619562209980.webm (900x506, 2.89M)

DmC: DE has the best control scheme in the franchise but Any Forums would never admit it.

Fun, check out the yt combo vids

Attached: baldr_style_dive.webm (480x360, 2.82M)

now do this in 4

Attached: 1641894473410.jpg (600x669, 31.6K)

After playing DmC and DMC2 recently, it feels like DmC is a partial remake of DMC2 given that you're fighting to stop a corporate dude in a skyscraper from taking over the world and Dante is a moody asshole in both.

>because there's bound to be a better solution between character modes
Why yes there is, have you heard of Devil May Cry 4 and 5?

>complicated
It's not complicated, gow 3 figured out better resolution in 2010 with its items, style switching is just clunky, slow and inefficient.

its gimmicky shit used to unlock stuff that should have been free to use in the first place.

a more interesting take would be the game getting harder as your style meter goes up but you gain some benefit in return, like increased movement speed or more damage. i think god hand did that.

I meant that there must be a better solution than having distinct character modes but I a word. Style switching with the d-pad is still style switching and it's still shit.

Dante's kit is not so deep that it requires 4-5 stances to execute.

>instead of unlocking cool abilities that encourage experimentation you should just increase boring shit like damage and movement speed
Wow, didn't know the DMC2 devs used this board.

the bigger problem with DMC is "style system" can refer to at least 3 different systems:

1. dividing moves acrosss UI modes called "styles" switched with dpad
2. Real time "style" ranking during combat
3. Style points tally at the end of the level.

And that's across the board: "comboes" also refer to shitloads of things.

DMC even managed to to obfuscate "lock-on" term.

>install aggressive enemy AI nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/2093
>pick Dante
>game becomes really fucking hard but also fantastic
Literally fixed DMC5 for me, recommend it to every user.

What if I wanna COOMBO

I agree, there are better solutions for character design than locking certain moves under styles. I think the designers are not oblivious to this, I always wondered why air rave was locked under sword master, DMC 5 adds it in the devil sword Dante, I think styles are kept more as a legacy feature for og fans, DMC 5 was a return to form after all, in DMC 6 if they make one I think they will streamline move sets

me vs you
youtube.com/watch?v=e-PqwCrQlps

>nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/2093
>Fans need to mod the enemies to actually attack the player.

You have to do air combos because you often dont have the space to fight enemies on the ground and enemies attack you from off screen like chaos and green empusa. The difference is you are expected to knock enemies down around the target and also disengage should enemies start attacking again. Seems too hard with default Nero though, but perfect for Dante.

It's what makes DMC better than othe action games though

Ironically modded DMC5 is harder than NG and Sekiro. But modded Sekiro is probably even harder (Sekiro Resurrection)

Yakuza has styles.

Attached: 1643605393647.jpg (600x599, 67.15K)

But does it have style meters and style points?

DMC2 Dante is not a moody asshole, he is just sad and silent most of the time.

No but it can get CUHRAAAYZE

To be fair, 4 has Distortion which makes moves like Real Impact and DT Draw almost as broken.
In fact, every DMC game has some stupid OP shit that trivialises the game.