Game is literally BotW but better in every way

>game is literally BotW but better in every way
>reviewers suddenly have a million nitpicks with the concept
>it's all stuff also present in BotW they conveniently ignored
>it's a bigger jump from BotW than BotW was from the standard Ubisoft game
>still gets nowhere near the reception of BotW

I'm glad we finally have objective irrefutable proof of Nintendo bias, now the only question is will it ever end

Attached: 1645185881459.jpg (1200x1200, 295.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-02-18-why-user-589222704-is-still-a-fucking-mouthbreathing-moron-even-though-I-rail-his-mother-daily
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>t. buttmad ubishit drone

>t. buttmad tendie drone

>BOTW is so shit we have to compare every games to it including Horizon, Elden ring, Genshin impact and the literallywho game in pic related

are there dungeons?

Only because TES and GTA haven't released a game in a decade

The skill system in this game is asinine, literally locking you out of basic features such as headshots to force you to grind for it. That alone makes it an objectively worse experience than BotW.

It has the equivalent of shrines but the puzzles are much worse than botw's

the equivalent of botw dungeons in this game are the myth challenges

Cope, tendie
It has way more variety than botw shrines

It really is better.

Attached: 1607206995803.webm (640x360, 2.72M)

It doesn't at all, in fact it's much more repetivive than BotW's shrines and that's really saying something

>Breath of the Wild. “Ooh, we like this game,” we said to the soulless daleks that run the games industry. “We think it’s atmospheric and mechanically intricate and offers a bold new take on the interactive narrative experience.”
>it’s the faintly sinister cheaply made knockoff of a Disney film hoping to sucker in a few elderly relatives in time for Christmas
> Well, said Ubisoft. Can’t get much more monomyth than actual myth, can you. So obviously they went to the free idea bucket again and just made another fucking game about Greek mythology
> Boy, I wish I could list all the original ideas that went into Immortals Bile Churning but I fear I might never start.
> Leaving aside the fact that the quips are as funny as an ebola outbreak at a rescue shelter, every cutscene is lent an awkwardness of tone, probably from the way the characters seem to pause after every line to wait for the canned laughter to die down.
>remember how Breath of the Wild was restrained about populating its world to lend an atmospheric sense of wide open wilderness? Well, Ubisoft couldn’t fight their usual instincts to splatter icons across the map like saliva droplets across a Fortnite player’s headset mic.
>there are so many fucking icons to find from any given location that this process is incredibly tedious. Standing there slowly rotating like a car park security camera, checking off every random chest and collectible and adding it to your little notebook, until you’re thinking, this is a fucking day job.
>run back down the mountain and get into some combat instead. Which is pretty generic and not terribly hard when you have the basics down
>there’s something terribly dispassionate about the game, what with it’s utter void of original ideas, the constant idle quipping making every character seem like they’re more interested in the contents of their nasal cavities than they are about the ongoing world-destroying plot.

>game is literally botw but better in every way
>no dungeons
so its worse in every way or the same in every way

The challenges are in instanced areas like dungeons. And they are better than botws.

Doesn't this game have two gods costantly ironically bantering, breaking the fourth wall?

>meanwhile Nintendo stealing from Ubisoft went unnoticed, it was a "bold new take"
>meanwhile Nintendo rehashing the Zelda lore for the millionth time went unnoticed, it was "atmospheric and mysterious"
>meanwhile Nintendo carpet bombing the map with Korok seeds and giving you a literal shit reward went unnoticed, it was "restrained open wilderness"
>meanwhile Nintendo making all NPCs literal exported Miis with one line of generic dialogue went unnoticed and the main characters dialogue and acting being dogshit cringe was also ignored
>etc

One day they will take the Nintendo cock out of their mouths, but it is not this day

Attached: 1985.jpg (1120x720, 375.46K)

Yes it’s like they are auditioning for “How I Met Your Mother: Classical Antiquity Edition” and about as funny as a Ebola outbreak in a rescue shelter.

Nintendo creates, innovates
Snoy and Ubishit just plagiarizes

come on man the gods were funny but they weren't that funny

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm

>t-the challenge sare in -in-instanced areas
oh its mmo?
instant trash.

what it did was prove that ubisoft is the master of making shitty games. the concept was fantastic, they had BOTW and their own stable of games for inspiration, and instead of taking the best ideas from those games they decided to take the worst ideas and double down on the awfulness just to make sure.
>It has way more variety than botw shrines
no it doesn't, and to make things worse each shrine has only one trick that you repeat over and over to solve all of its puzzles. it's like ubisoft played the BOTW tutorial on the plateau and stopped, all of their shrinelikes are like the plateau shrines, they're all one trick ponies. this is fine for a tutorial, but boring as fuck once you realize that this is all you're ever getting.
And the overworld is just as bad. the same 4 ruined temples splattered across the overworld, sometimes all 4 types on a single hill, each with some mob character guarding chest containing some stupid piece of fruit. ubisoft did their damnedest to make an utterly soulless - but beautiful - piece of crap, and succeeded.

I really tried to like this game. I even somewhat liked the combat and shrine puzzles, but holy shit does it feel like a theme park. Every five meters there's a combat scenario, environmental puzzle or a shrine. At some point it felt like DA:Inquisition or Witcher question marks and I never really liked both.
Which is a shame, because there's some soul hiding under the pile of shit, but I just couldn't bother digging further.

>noooooo how dare you attempt to add flavor and personality to your game???? that is cringe, cringeeee!! you need to be le empty quirky vague atmospheric Apple understated rounded soft minimalist monochrome no effort devoid of identity for safe maximum widest appeal lowest common denominator inoffensive audiences like muh nintendoes!!!!!

Attached: image4234.jpg (1963x789, 539.09K)

Ugly Western style cartoon faces though. Unlike glorious Nippon self femboy

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-02-18-why-user-589222704-is-still-a-fucking-mouthbreathing-moron-even-though-I-rail-his-mother-daily

>that is cringe, cringeeee!!
yes. you're beginning to get it. ubisoft had lots of ideas, but no clue how to turn them into an actually good game.

*Elf