Why don't nintendo have interesting directs like these again?

why don't nintendo have interesting directs like these again?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 722.71K)

Directs were Iwata's idea. They're an effective marketing tactic so they've stuck around after Iwata's death but the passion is gone, they're a tool now and nothing more
Or to put it simply, they're soulless

reminds me of celebrity deathmatch

This was the direct that literally killed iwata with how shitty it was.

Iwata and Reggie were NuTendo's heart and soul, ever since then they've been basically EA tier soulless corporate garbage

>no isekai where I bust up the ranks of nintendo and save iwata and the wii from their terrible mistakes.

Attached: UyMCJHs0WSc.jpg (1353x966, 101.95K)

They are getting sales with Switch so they don't need expensive creative marketing.

still pretty based of them to cut out the middle man with faggot game journos.

They realized their core audience would eat up whatever they shit out so stopped trying so hard

Because Iwata is fucking dead

Attached: 1642119485188.png (1280x720, 615.72K)

It still hurt

wasn't aware he made the puppets or took them

This shit was super gay and cringe.

>he doesn't like puppets

Attached: 1596239276067.gif (500x368, 973.06K)

You are super gay and cringe, your mom is super gay and cringe, your whole family is super gay and cringe.

Attached: ARK-50.jpg (226x225, 9.2K)

well they need someone to get cancer again

Was this the one where some press journo whining about Mother 3 and Reggie burned them after eating a fire flower?

> Iwata: Deceased
> Reggie: Retired
> Miyamoto: "Retired" aka busy having the time of his life making movies

I don't think the directors and other management are too interested in cultivating popular personalities, especially to fill in the shoes Iwata left.

I think that was 2014 where they knocked it out of the park with their E3 event. 2015 is where it went to shit and depressed Iwata to the point where he couldn't fight off cancer anymore.

I'm sorry Iwata sama...

Attached: R.jpg (1280x720, 96.29K)

Attached: soyninger.png (322x494, 50.91K)

>nostalgia for the 2015 direct
Actual human trash. Reggie was always terrible. I don’t have short term memory and forget about Xenoblade or mother 3. Meanwhile Iwata is the one who started hunting down fan game projects and roms