Has video game music surpassed real music?

has video game music surpassed real music?

Attached: 1630023321268.jpg (1175x1080, 171.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kpCqqlyeM_8
youtu.be/1T4PpBT9mD4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWs3VErhepc
youtube.com/watch?v=UyoYf7rZVGI
youtube.com/watch?v=xjTFVfzrALI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only a few

Attached: 1641696495014.png (500x500, 520.73K)

Videogame music is heckin based!!!

Rap music is heckin frickin cringe -_-

Attached: 1602271903855.jpg (600x800, 104.49K)

yes

Attached: TobyFox.png (378x320, 306.36K)

i like both

Attached: 1645183653358.jpg (800x1200, 173.18K)

yes

In the Court of the Crimson King unironically changed the way I view media after I first listened to it in high school.

Attached: artworks-000226098377-rk5qoq-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 23.83K)

MGR's soundtrack is like what happens when an edgy 15 year old gets high while listening to Dragonforce. The people posting the lyrics in all caps are beyond cringeworthy.

No, you're a manchild and people like me fuck the girlfriends and mothers of people such as you.
Perfect summary.
>OH MY GOD IT'S THE SONG FROM HECKIN DONKEY KONG
This is what you all look like and sound like, you uncultured swine. Listen to some Stravinsky and then come back to me with that Donkey Kong crap lmao.

>normie asks me what I listen to
>video game music
>but that's not real music
how do you respond?

Why the fuck does he always look different in every single picture ever taken of him?

music is to be judged on its own merits. where or who it comes from doesn't matter.

op is a faggot

This. Fucking get some taste. Nu metal died in 2003 for good reason you stupid white surburban mayonnaise cuckos.

Listening to videogame OSTs is the kind of thing that you never mention to anyone else lol. I have shitton of videogame music (even fanmade shit with like 2k views on youtube), but I still listen to other stuff. It shouldn't matter. If it sounds good, no one should bitch and moan about where the music comes from.

Correct

>I like rap

Attached: 1524067321119.png (600x536, 253.27K)

how so? its fantastic, but ive never had music give me an epiphany or big change in me like that. maybe im autistic

Rap is terrible
Stop comparing apples to oranges. A game with a really good orchestral suite can match up with good classical music.

Someone called me a racist because I said I don't enjoy rap

Rap is fucking based. Listening to bing bing beats is for young children who haven't yet grown out of their chicken nuggies phase.

ikr it's crazy i would not recognize him in each picture

i don't mean the negro "yuh yuh we wuz kangz and sheeeit, we be doing kool aid y'all" type.

Zoomer rap is one of the biggest abominations in the music business

>edgy 15 year old gets high while listening to Dragonforce
Sounds comfy.

"real" music doesn't exist. There's music to be enjoyed in a vacuum and music that can be enjoyed in a context. If a piece oo
f music removed from the context stands on its own, then it's good.

I need to become a normie what kind of rap music is good
i want something that has at least a good melody to it

>normies be like BRO these lyrics are meaning of life

Anyone who thinks a carefully cultivated and critic-approved music collection will make them more interesting and cool, or cares about being cool at all, is an overgrown teenager. Blasting Donkey Kong music from your car is the expression of a free spirit at peace with itself.

>Rap is fucking based.
Sure is if you are perpetually 10 year old.

I don't talk to normies.

Retard

music regressed so hard it wouldnt surprise me if videogame music actually surpassed it recently.

Attached: 1622641955442.jpg (634x810, 296.13K)

Yes.

there's more shitty "real" music being made than game music

I only listen to Hanatarash. Don't care if people consider me edgy, contrarian or pretentious.

Yes.

Attached: 220px-MadWorld.jpg (220x293, 27.9K)

the white man has rejected the negro tunes

Attached: 1643305058033.png (1236x1352, 1.37M)

Don't mind me just posting the best neoclassical metal album ever

Attached: RainbowRainbowRising.jpg (300x300, 44.75K)

Rap is real life in distilled malt liquor form. If I was perpetually 10 I wouldn't be able to appreciate the nuances in rap music lyrics and, much like how I'd prefer nuggies and Capri Sun to anything actually nutritous, I would prefer Nintendo music to the more profound, socially conscious genre of rap songs.

What strikes more fear into the normalfag?
>I only listen to videogame music
or
>I only listen to Japanese music

>malt liquor
American detected. And like your taste in alcohol (it's just called beer, you fucking pussy) your taste in music is just as terrible.

same thing user ;)
youtube.com/watch?v=kpCqqlyeM_8

Attached: Stranger-of-Paradise-Final-Fantasy-Origin_2021_10-05-21_002-320x180.jpg (320x180, 8.11K)

>sorry I only listen to music from obscure pc-98 JRPGs

I don't care how dumb the lyrics are, this shits just fun to listen too.
youtu.be/1T4PpBT9mD4

Yeah
everything is better than incoherent chimp noise

I wish these weren't posted so close together, I read the first as neo tunes and the second as negroclassical

Music makes a much bigger impression on you if you first hear it in association with something cool happening like the boss fights in MGR with the lyrics kicking in just as things get climactic, your brain recalls all the rush and enjoyment of these moments when you hear the song. If you just listen to some old albums alone in your room then they probably won't have as much of an effect.

>I only listen to amiga modtracker music

>I only listen to dishwasher and tesla coil sounds with a deranged man screaming over them

What is 'real' music, exactly? Or 'good' music for that matter?

This but unironically.
Fuck nigger rap.

>Real music

Probably some shit from Any Forums or something,

Do people like Death Grips for real or is it ironic? It's terrible.

>not being a music idort

Attached: weekly chart.png (1250x1250, 2.42M)

real music =music i like
bad music = music you like

rainbow is shit boomer

>BRO I'M SO HECKIN QUIRKY! I LISTEN TO VIDEOGAME MUSIC EXCLUSIVELY! IT'S NOT LIKE EVERY SINGLE REDDITOR ALREADY DOES THIS

Attached: 1610612534399.png (1596x1128, 946.86K)

Ask him what is "real music".

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWs3VErhepc
youtube.com/watch?v=UyoYf7rZVGI
youtube.com/watch?v=xjTFVfzrALI

Real music is some shitty Any Forums meme that references Ben Shapiro saying rap does not qualifiy as music

Start with Kanye

>tell coworker i listen to jazz
>he immediately lights up
>oh you like fucking whatever giant steps negro man?
>have absolutely no idea what he's talking about >99% of the time just listen to the radio
i can't fathom following artists and albums and shit in the slightest

Attached: 1640488639360.jpg (595x595, 180.38K)