Why did they ruin it

Why did they ruin it

Attached: spore-gen-packart.jpg (752x1070, 486.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.quartertothree.com/t/how-spore-ended-up-cute-and-dumbed-down/48324
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"ruin" implies it was ever good

The original concept from 2005 was good, then EA shit all over it

I was fucking obsessed with Spore as a child, kind of getting the urge to play it again someday.

it was impossible to make

Why didnt anyone make a spiritual successor? Is it because EA have licensed every part of the game or did the devs just became lazy reskinners?

Aquatic level was going to be dogshit and people pretending otherwise is fucking stupid

impossible for anyone but a triple A studio to even attempt it
even if you try you're likely to be unsuccessful
considering how bad spore is, it's probably tainted the idea by association meaning not enough sales to justify the price of development

Quirky fun sanitized cute designs, it's spelled out.
It's some sort of Pixar/Dreamworks/Women conspiracy.

Spore sold millions and is still frequently brought up
I think it would be easier to make today with all the tools at the devs disposal

I think it was literally a woman

>EA
it was ruined from the start

If we talking core idea you dont even need to make the game 3d to realize it.

This is a reason its brought up actually
Spore was one of a good number of Any Forumsfags first hits of the modern bullshit age of false advertising and literal lies.

>preorder Spore
>it comes with a huge concept art book
>the book is 90% unused concepts

Attached: 1360927209142.gif (254x144, 385.36K)

same. as a kid it was kino. especially space era and galactic adventures.

I want a Spore 2 so badly it's not even funny.
EA is sitting on a goldmine and they absolutely refuse to realize it.

forum.quartertothree.com/t/how-spore-ended-up-cute-and-dumbed-down/48324
>one man who is highly responsible for the dumbed down gameplay is Chris Hecker. [...] While Will Wright headed the movement for science to take a primary role, Hecker apparently thought that would be too complex for the wider audience, and that instead cells should have eyes and creatures should wear sneakers.
This game fucking broke Will's will

>spore was 12 years ago
Just old yeller me already I don't even like new games

Im not talking Any Forums. people still stream this game sometimes and make youtube videos on it, it was very popular back in the day
Yet nobody bothered to capitalize on that.
I think its probably a licensing issue

Shouldve known better than sell out to the satan

I'm pretty sure Maxis was owned by EA for a good while before Spore. It's kind of a Bioware situation- EA held off on raping them for a while, but they sank their claws in eventually.

wrong.
No one would have bought it. a game where you experimentally played with the engine building monsters that try to take advantage of the in game physics in a proceedural 2nd hand sort of way? Never would have reviewed well, and consiquently, never would have sold well.

Sim City was tolerable under EA

ea was still making great games in 2005 faggot

spore wasn't a lie though, it was a bait and switch. the promises they made worked in the engine they had. but they didn't pull the trigger on that design because of executive medelling and also a probably justifiably nervous marketing department wondering how they where going to justify selling a complicated game like that.
spore sold well but it did not play well. it didn't have any lasting appeal because it was shallow garbage.