What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: 1630049994196.jpg (2560x1440, 235.69K)

took the space trucking memes too hard, nerfed combat rewards

Worth hopping in nowadays?

Grinding, everything is grinding. Over and over again.

They really need to start adding more content with things to do that doesn't require grinding.

It would be good if they added missions and raids you could take part in with other players.

havent played in a long time, but even though I really like playing it from time to time since space truckin can be fun and it is a neat space sim that gets old quick since there is nothing to really keep you there when the novelty runs out. And the more combat orientated content requires riced up ships through engineering which is a tedious unfun process of grinding. if you want to go fight the AYY LMAOs and you dont already got a ship decked out for it, well you are going to be grinding for resources and doing side jobs for engineers if you havent unlocked and ranked them up yet. on top of that the devs crack down hard when people learn get rich quick schemes and they tend to overdue it when they drop the nerf hammer which will end up making the whole enterprise associated with the exploit no longer profitable (i particularly remember passenger missions, low temp diamond mining, and tritium trading). PVP similar to ayy lmao requires riced out ships and build almost always wins out against skill, and though the game doesnt have a fixed meta where everybody runs the same thing all the time its pretty close to that.

>what went wrong?
FTL gravitational contraction. It makes no sense and only inflates flight time for no reason. If you want to be safe, use cruise assist. But if you're good, go manual and accelerate and decelerate the way you want. Just like with docking. Docking is faster and more efficient when you know what you're doing and can safely do it manually. Forced gravitational slowdown of FTL is a waste of everyone's time.
...and while they're at it, they should also allow hyperspace jumps to other stars in a system.

this, I never use the assists always manually land and always manage my own approach speeds to avoid overshoots.
Not sure if I agree with you on the in system jumps though as I do find it kinda relaxing cruising from home star to another.

On sale for 5$? Absolutely. You will have 20-100 hours of fun gameplay and small chance that it can hook you.

it may as well be being coded by poo in the loos now with how much of a laughable botched joke Odyssey was, I'll be surprised if they ever expand ship/SRV content again without fucking it up. On top of that their hands are tied for expanding on-foot content until they fix it enough to release it on consoles, so we probably won't be seeing shit like on-foot goids for months if not years

That said the occasional story shit is still enough to keep me peeking back in on the game every couple of months, I just wish Frontier would have the fucking balls to do something like kill off major characters, or have the goids actually fucking invade already. They had a chance with that Duval bitch that was apparently "missing for a year and no one noticed" and saved her via deus ex machina at the last moment

Wasted potential everywhere.

>how much of a laughable botched joke Odyssey was
what happened with odyssey, I havent played in a couple years and was considering coming back to check it out.

i don't have the patience to pick apart each thing wrong with it so i'll just sum up my own experience:
>horribly optimized
>AI is an absolute joke unless you use the shotgun against the new enforcer npcs, because they will 3shot you and have laser like accuracy up close
>bugs and crashing galore
>couldn't even play it the first few weeks because of orange sidewinder error lockouts
>even more boring engineer grind than ships
>clearly doesn't mesh well with things not designated as Odyssey content, IE: going to Horizons settlements on foot results in... no gameplay whatsoever
>missions pay fucking nothing and the only reward that affects you in the rest of the game is credits and reputation, material rewards are for Odyssey shit
the last time I played was in November and settlements, station hubs, and combat zones STILL ran like fucking ass

>I do find it kinda relaxing cruising from home star to another.
I suppose it wouldn't be as bad if wasn't for the gravitational effects I mentioned. Being able to accelerate and decelerate at your leisure would probably cut off half of the travel time within a binary system.

Its euro truck simulator except you can only drive for 15 seconds at a time with a 30 second recharge period in between and everything is just a black void 90% of the time

Engineering is the stupidest, most tedious, least intuative progression system in any video game that i have ever played

Posted this one time before, but I'll say it again:

> Introduce a feature (powerplay), to as a neat modular and optional feature for more hardcore pvp players.
>Powerplay have you join a faction and works together as a team, making you feel like a cog in the machine, which fits with the game as a whole.
>Let's players support their faction in offline, by for example doing supply runs, which means that enemies can't intercept or stop you from doing things to support your faction.

I enjoyed Elite, but this genuinely made me drop the game immediately. Like how fucking retarded do you have to be as a game designer. Elite is a fairly niche and hardcore. Powerplay is already an optional thing. The game is already struggling with a sense of wide as a ocean, deep as a puddle "problem" and a sense of everything being artificial. I love harping on games getting casualized etc etc, but that is one of the most egregious examples I know of 10iq design, not for the sake of inclusion, but straight up fear by game devs.

shitty devs
that's it

even with fucking guides it's such a clusterfuck it kills my will to play

...Let me just point out how easy this can be solved as both in-world and mechanically. Have these low risk, casual activities be something that can be done via civilian contractors and don't incentivize the enemy to murder everyone participating in delivering supplies or whatever. This has been harped for decades now; stop making death the final destination. There is no excuse.

>always online
I just wanted Freelancer 2. A meaty universe to dive into and fuck around with. Instead I get the developers constantly nerfing everything, turning everything into a waiting game an egregious amount of grinding.

Attached: no fun allowed.png (512x512, 360.9K)

the game caters to 50 year old brit VR-dads

Combat rewards were buffed way up middle of last year. One of the best ways to make money again.

>what went wrong?
solo and p2p

and forum dads, forgot to mention them