They're all basically the same game. None of them are "shit" unless you think the whole series is shit...

They're all basically the same game. None of them are "shit" unless you think the whole series is shit. It literally just comes down to what aesthetics you prefer.

Attached: Persona.jpg (2400x1142, 1.07M)

So sad that OP died of ligma

Who's OP?

A notable faggot.

Yea i agree, p5 fags are just peak cringe so i enjoy shitting on it.

Attached: 1616551438010m.jpg (1024x569, 77.07K)

3 with 5R’s gameplay would unironically be the greatest game ever.

P3 is very different from P4/5 from a gameplay standpoint.
In P3
>No direct control unless on Portable
>MC can use many types of weapons
>MC can dual summon
>Multiple physical type attacks
>Party members evolve their persona through the story instead of S-links
P4 streamlined P3 and P5 just refined P4. Personally, I like P3 gameplay the best.

The gameplay difference between P3 and P5 is pretty fuckin high though, and the writing between all three is pretty different.

The games from the nyarlathotep arc get progressively better, while the games from P3 onward get progressively worse. I genuinely believe this and will never apologize

I would believe the opposite if EP was worse than IS. I'd take P1 over either of the P2 duology any day though, and I prefer Royal over P3 and 4.

>the whole series is shi
Now you're getting it. Fucking dating sim faggots really play this shit and think it's "good"? I want to puke. It's like you cucks never even played Skyrim or XV.

>Personally, I like P3 gameplay the best.
I actually agree but it seems we're in the minority
I feel like indirect control through tactics and the strong focus on your MC's turn that comes out of that makes for a much more interesting and strategic battle system. But people get real pissy if their JRPG combat system isn't exactly like Dragon Quest (disregarding DQIV lel)

Yeah at this point it comes down to more superficial stuff like plot and music and minor improvements whatnot, in which case 5(R) is best

I don't like P3's combat, but I do think it was an interesting idea and I don't like that P3P changes it. I prefer P4 and 5 overall, but I would have preferred if they tried to refine the system, or at least maintain the thinking behind making your party members AI rather than basically doing away with it altogether. I know you can still choose to make your party members AI in P4 and 5, but that's not really the same.

No, P5R is way too fucking braindead easy after the second palace even on Merciless mode. I'll take FES' combat even with all its rough edges over P5R's abundance of game-breaking confidant abilities that any day. At least bosses in P3 are legitimate threats and beating them on the first try is satisfying instead of routine.

Okumura and Maruki can all wipe your ass if you're not careful.

To each their own I suppose. I just didn't like the shift from edgy rpg with a focus on Jungian pshychology and apocalypse theory's to, fun summer detective teens, or lets make the adults less mean by changing their hearts. Felt like it went full retard. I'm just gonna stick with other smt titles from now on. Wanna give devil survivor a second chance, I love it's themes and characters

Pretty much. I like all of them and don't see how you could like one but not the others

>Atleast bosses in P3 are legitimate threats
lol

4 and 5 are deff more their own thing unlike 3 which is still the best
Also 3 and 4 were somewhat challenging but 5 was just mindless i remember seriously being annoyed at the lowered difficulty when p4 was already casualised as hell

Okumura maybe but he's still pretty easy, Maruk wouldn't. I like P5R the most, but it is way too easy. It's unfortunate too because I think if enemies felt properly balanced around your abilities it would be really fun.

That's fair. The lack of difficulty is unfortunate, but I still like the idea of confidant abilities, and the rest of the game generally makes up for it.