Is this a good version of the game?

is this a good version of the game?
do i need any mods?
i've never played the snes version before

Attached: ffvisteam.jpg (1092x491, 170.66K)

I'd say it's definitely superior to the GBA/iOS versions, on account of having neither fucked music nor fucked graphics.
This is probably the best "out of the box" version without need for any bugfixes or retranslations, for sure.

it isn't out yet. i doubt anyone knows
but i'm not gonna buy it though.
I'm betting majority will say go with Final Fantasy VI T-Edition romhack

Get the GBA version with modded music. That's the best version of FF6.

wtf is that font

Just play the originals. All the extra dungeons and whatever in newer versions is just garbage.

Stick to pixel remasters for all of them

>nor fucked graphics.
I'm sorry, but the color palette of the original game wasn't neon. That was done for the GBA version to offset how hard it is to see that system's screen.

Attached: GBAColors.jpg (1092x491, 207.89K)

The level of contrast isn't right, but "fucked up graphics" is a relative term that's incredibly skewered by the existence of the iOS version
VI definitely seems like the game that was the hardest to translate into the artstyle they wanted for these releases, since it's the outlier and has a rather different artstyle from Final Fantasy I-V.

>that font

Attached: R (2).gif (500x200, 705.06K)

>All the extra dungeons and whatever
Good news, Pixel Remasters have the exact same content as the original game releases, for better or worse.

It's probably going to end up being the only good version.

what the fuck is this menu

Attached: file.png (601x336, 207.38K)

Cheevos make it the only playable version

>same spell effects for 6 games
fuck off

>iOS versions
It's iOS version, user.

You can easily swap it out for the JP font which is way better. Incredible how 6 games in they still use this shit font

>Final Fantasy
>good
lol, no. Final Fantasy is the Sonic of JRPGs.

this is going to be the first game im gonna play on my steam deck.

didn't they fuck up the game balance in a bunch of them or something?

as opposed to what? the fucked up game balance in the original release of the games?

>Cheevos make it the only playable version
This lel. It's also why I really want it on modern consoles

It's interesting to note that all five of the Pixel Remasters run on the same engine, and all of them are incredibly easy to mod to fix sprite or art related issues of any sort.

>muh cheevos
Though you're right, it's strange of Square not to put these out on consoles. I wouldn't buy them on a console over PC personally but I'm sure there are more than enough who would that they're just not selling to.

Attached: 349d66796ce1643700352b34ede9a1761237516038_full.png (165x115, 52.5K)

I wouldn't play a version with green haired terra. I'd try to emulate the game and play with the intended sprites

Attached: Terra_Branford.png (243x409, 103.36K)