Why did Nintendo handheld build quality seem like it declined so much after the DSi? Bad d-pads, smudgy plastics...

Why did Nintendo handheld build quality seem like it declined so much after the DSi? Bad d-pads, smudgy plastics, and screen lotteries.

Attached: Dark-Brown-DSI-XL__55687.1489004263.jpg (1280x1280, 72.53K)

because people will buy it anyway

my dsi screen has turned yellow

mine hasn't, neither has my lite or 3DS.

ok

the hinges on my lite broke

I like gamcube beter

The hinges on my DS broke and the screen is half hanging off but it still fucking works.
You wouldn't get that from the 3DS or switch.

damaged ribbon cable had the same thing happen to my 3ds but instead of yellow it turned red

i wonder if i can replace it? its not really severe, i only notice it on startup

Build quality on the new 3ds xl seems to be pretty good. Ive used it a lot since 2016 and it still looks and functions as if it were brand new.

Same except I get a weird ghosting when I try to view the 3D

>after the DSi
More like after the GBA. They have like 3-4 models of the same thing and each has some kind of defect that prevents it from being the definite best model.

The DS lite's hinges were notoriously shit. Only took a few months for Nintendo to admit it was a problem and start fixing them for free

Build quality had declined massively at least as early as the DS Lite. My GBA SP is a beat up piece of shit but still works, though.

CTRL+F "Nintendium"
>Nobody mentioned it

But yeah they ran out of the stuff from the mines.

That's probably on your eyes

go back

>want to buy dsi xl
>find out it doesn't support gameboy advance
worst handheld

Came to post. Amazing console, but overall flimsy piece of shit.
Someone cynical would say it was designed that way so parents would have to buy their kids multiple ones over the generation.

Yeah gbarunner isn't the same