Freeman's Mind is canon

Freeman's Mind is canon.

Attached: freeman's mind.png (277x294, 44.29K)

Gordon confirmed a pirate?

Funfact, that dude ate beans for a while. This nigga eatin' beans.

I give it a watch every year.

That's actually good

where's the fucking movie?

This shit got old by the fourth video

It may as well be. I can't help myself but quote it to myself the whole time while playing.
No joke, when playing through Black Mesa I was wondering how much work it'd take to do an "HD Remaster" of Freeman's Mind. Just take all the old dialogue, and splice it over new gameplay. Wouldn't work of course, least of all because Xen is like 4 fucking hours long.

God I love Any Forums-x. Spoiler tagging is the gayest shit ever.

Attached: Untitled.png (1245x95, 8.03K)

It is the movie.

I love how he's essentially rebuilding Half Life 2 in parts because some of the things you have to do to progress are so off-kilter that Ross decided there's no way his Freeman would actually do them.

I admired the effort he put into the pirate episode, even though it was unbearably stupid. It would have been easy to half ass it. Ross Scott has good attention to detail.

that's fine but posting about it is much gayer

The same release day as Spoony's movie. What a coincidence!

Yeah it's good how he skips gimmicky parts via doing a pullup or whatever. There's a ton of laborious shit in the late game so I won't blame him if he abandons it.
His interaction with the black mesa east fags is genius

Oh you mean that movie. Yeah who knows, I hope it doesn't ruin him

It's funny that nobody else tried the "play the game and narrate as the actual character" thing, I guess because Freeman's Mind is basically the perfect version of the idea.
I've thought of what other games, what other characters, and what other style of comedy you could do with the formula, and I can't think of anything that's not just a downgrade.

There were some imitators, mainly just doing the protags of the HL expansion packs.

I find comparing Freeman's Mind 1 vs 2 to be a good analysis for how different the design is in both games. It's part of why I think HL1 holds up much better, there aren't as many of those "stop having fun and appreciate our physics engine/facial animation". Having Gordon refuse to get into that sort of video game logic has been the saving grace for the 2 videos. Water Hazard was a pain to get through. Just constant screaming.

The Sheppard's Mind one was terrible. I heard people recommend it but he's so calm and boring, like he's taking a sunday stroll

it was taken by the mold

Yeah HL2 is a lot more like a ride, it's all scripted constant action.
HL1 has a lot more quiet moments where he can extemporize and carry on