The last soulful smash, or the first soulless smash?

The last soulful smash, or the first soulless smash?

Attached: SSBB_Cover.jpg (268x371, 65.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zeKE0NHUtUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

64 and Brawl are the only souful ones. 64 was the original, and Brawl was made to maximize player fun. Melee is a buggy rushjob with cut content, and 4 and beyond are too bloated

neither. it just has bad mechanics, but it still has soul. Say what you will about Sakurai, but all his games have soul, even the bad ones

the last soulful smash. The first three games were all about nintendo fanservice. The games that came after dropped all that and became nothing but soulless rosterfaggotry.

brawl was the one that started rosterfaggotry

soul
youtu.be/zeKE0NHUtUw

among fans, but thats not how the game was designed. brawl had subspace emissary, which is by far the biggest piece of nintendo fanserivce ever made.

It was pretty soulful. Tripping is a bad mechanic but its inclusion at all is pretty soulful.
Also Subspace was a good amount of fanservice, and the Snake reveal was the most soulful smash character reveal of all time.

Smash 4 had some attempts at creative modes and still had trophies but their efforts were clearly shifting away. Now all that's left in Ultimate is character inclusions for synergistic marketing purposes

Its the only smash game with good single player content, Melee's was decemt, Ult at least has a large roster but Wii u has literally nothing going for it

You obviously weren't there for the Sonic and Snake reveal. That was peak hype and peak Smash.

nope, tr4sh did it.

Same. I've always felt like the original and Brawl were the best in the series, but of course you get shit on for not thinking it's Melee or Ultimate.

yeah that's true, it's the only smash you can enjoy with no online and no friends.
Ult's World of Light is so boring I dropped it halfway through, but its classic mode is great, just not enough for someone who only plays solo. I use it to practice with characters I'm considering picking up, and also just for fun. Most characters have really cool tributes, like Ryu having only stamina-based fights, the Links fighting Ganon, etc.

>introduced guests characters, which was something that was missed over last game
>that one interview of Kokima asking Nomura if he's getting Cloud into Brawl, which put him on due.
It's literally Brawl's fault.

This guy started it. I like Cloud but once he was announced everything went to shit because rosterfags started asking for everyone at that point.

Attached: 1200px-Cloud_SSB4.png (1200x1200, 663.3K)

retard alert

Attached: 009.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

>Smash had polling for Melee and Brawl
>especially the one that led to Ganondorf being a forever clone.
Giga Retard

>Another nostalgia thread of Brawlbabbies fawning over cinematics and dodging talks of gameplay, also bashing other games like their eldest competitivefag brother do
L to the MAO
Admit Ultimate is the best in the series, not your outdated piece of shit you care for less than 10 minutes before booting up P+ (second best)

I actually loved the subspace emissary. Perhaps my favourite smash game fir that reason alone

>64 and *Smash 3DS are the only souful ones.
FTFY

Attached: GUEST_3e617916-ea95-4189-b43e-b52e9d5e3fec.jpg (488x488, 76.63K)

Snake literally open the floodgates for shitty requests and it's even more funny seeing Brawlfags cover up saying they never had people come requesting for Cloud and Goku on GameFAQS, Trashboards, or the IGN forum.

>which is by far the biggest piece of nintendo fanserivce ever made.
It was literally the worse.
Don't tell you faggots like to trash Kingdom Sharts but consider they very rehashed thing written by the same person as a masterpiece.

Yes, SSE is by the Kingdom Hearts and TIME JANNIES guy.

I don't care how good the quality of the fanservice is, its better than a game like ultimate where sakurai admits to deliberately removing it specifically to focus all dev time on rosterfaggotry

rosterfaggotry does not make smash good. fanservice does

Subspace
>clunky kirby platformer with kingdumb hearts style story

World of Light
>Event Matches but it's an actual Nintendo adventure

I will never get the hate for WoL. I thought the reenactment of Street Fighter battles and the Castlevania map were amazing done.