Underrail

>first character, first playthrough
>barely scraping by depot A looking for the fucking drill
>can't detect the traps, can't hack
>literally cannot proceed, need to reroll most likely
fuck this fucking game

Attached: 1637725627198.jpg (616x353, 89.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.info/build/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get good

>another thread made by retards who got eternally filtered by Underrail
>another thread complaining about shit that can be easily circumvented if you aren't retarded
>another thread about a moron asking for build advice that they aren't smart enough to figure out themselves
>another thread that will get no replies because people who are smart enough to play the game don't care about newfags anymore
>another thread made by an idiot that will never be able to beat the game, yet still tries
It's all so tiresome

Attached: 5e0.png (1280x720, 3.52M)

how was I supposed to know? let me guess, completely fucking up and having to restart the game is part of the charm and inevitable for someone new that isn't reading fucking guides?

Just get acid resistance like it instructs you to, retard. Biggest challenge of this game is not getting ADHD distracted and quitting before picking a city faction

let's be honest, as fun as Underrail is when you know what you're doing, it isn't a game that respects a new player's time. I wouldn't get into another game like this if it existed

make siphoner armor

kill the lizards and shit

also get an smg I think, should make everything easy then

You know what, fuck it. Have you tried not being a fucking assclown retard? Maybe try actually playing the game instead of crying about it on Any Forums? Have you considered that maybe the problem here is your lack of intelligence?

Get fucked, I beat it with my very first unoptimized garbage build perfectly fine on normal. Just don't be dumb, that's the secret. It's not impossible.

Attached: Bart Leh Bee.jpg (300x168, 9.24K)

It's a crpg, you should expect quite a bit of quickloading no matter your build. Show us your character because you can definitely finish depot A with low perception and no hacking. Lockpicking and Hacking are just autist traps for people who can't leave any container unopened.

siphoner armor has enough acid resist to make it not an issue at all, you are probably a guns build and it's possible you have the mp5 by now, I don't really remember exactly, I think I had like 1 or 2 resets at the start of depot but after that it was pretty smooth, just burst

>TFW you got filtered HARD by this game.

What do I do to enjoy this more? Is there a recommended build to learn the style / mechanics with?

Attached: 1613957687925.jpg (651x655, 58.19K)

burst ar

I basically tried to make a hybrid character with some dodge and evade with bursts ars or smgs because I wasn't sure what I wanted or which one would be better

turned out ars were way better and then I used temporal psi to make myself an ar ninja basically

was pretty legit but not "ideal"

Fun game once you get good at it. They recently released their last patch for the game. Now they're working on a new project.

Quick boi assault rifle seems fun. I'll give it a go :)

i am pure melee dodge/evasion/stealth with a knife and no psi. i managed to get the key I needed but I had no health or healing. luckily I snuck back out to junkyard and I am trying to find some healing supplies.

Shooter builds are always no-brainer good in any game. But I hear psi-monks are OP. And throwing builds have potential, poisoned caltrops are strong as fuck

Heavy armor AR build is idiot proof. Take at least 15 throwing on any build. Crafted gear is the best but is far from necessary. I think you can max 8 total skills so use that a baseline but the only skill you absolutely should be maxxing out is your main weapon. If you can get through depot A you can beat the game.

I also had psychokinesis for stuns, and I picked specops for extra stun grenade, it's debatable that the build wasn't ideal but it was a hybrid with a lot of burst perks like opportunist etc and it was pretty legit

I made infused siphoner armor to take advantage of the dodge and evade that I put in early game

you did make siphoner or mutant dog armor at this point right

I will say that dodge and evasion are something of a trap. Damage Reduction is always better in this game. It's less of an issue once you get energy shields and access to better armors. Do you have crafting? Even if you can't make a stealth field generator you could probably still waltz past a lot of the mutants. You can hit enter to start combat while in stealth and get one round to sneak through some of an area without enemies moving around.

no crafting skills here, friend. can I buy it somewhere?

is light armor with dodge/evasion that bad? surely i can get through normal difficulty even if it is a slog like this

look at the crafting requirements, I'm pretty sure it's very low, like maybe 10 points or 15

You should have known what you were in for when the very first rathounds in the game are completely capable of killing you

You definitely can. The problem with dodge and evasion is that even if you max them, take the relevant feats and wear relevant gear, you're still going to get hit sometimes and you need to do all of the above to get anything out of them. I'd still like to see your character if you want more help.

underrail.info/build/

The character builder is a great tool but has spoilers obviously.

haven't had any trouble up till now. was a wake up call to make sure i set off with the proper preparations.

am i gonna make it bro?

Attached: 1622477090013.jpg (1468x896, 372K)

overinvested in noncombat, as a dodge character you should have tailoring

You can definitely clear depot A and then the game with this build, especially on normal/easy. I don't care for dodge/evasion as I mentioned. Taking the full suite of social skills is kind of meh, but Yell is a fantastic feat with max intimidate. If you want to go back, drop some of the social stuff, dodge/evasion and pick up a little bit of throwing and crafting.