From Software games were never very good (opinion)

New thread since the last one died for some reason (video-game discussions not allowed on Any Forums?).

Can you explain your infatuation with From games? You played all the Souls games, and they were all the same corridory, streamlined experience with gameplay that boils down to "target-lock enemy, dodge button when enemy attacks, retaliate--rinse, repeat". I am not breaking it down. These are the exact inputs for 95% of encounters. You can't say that about Ninja Gaiden or even Monster Hunter without breaking it down.

You can't even expect a learning curve from From Software that would finally culminate in something new. It took them like 30 games to add basics like verticality; climbing and diving to their games. CDPR achieved that after only two games in Witcher 3, plus

1. villages,
2. decision making,
3. puzzle solving
and actual open worlds. Meanwhile Cyberpunk gets a lot of hate from a lot of you. And no, I don't even like CDPR.

From Software can't figure out archery to this day, which is clunky and feels tertiary. They finally added new mechanics to Sekiro--turns out all of them suck, especially the tools and arts of which you have about 50 and can only pick one to actually use on the go (instead of being incorporated in the moveset). They will never push off from the very limiting input layout for their games, and the terrible framerate and things like bad hitboxes are further emblematic of how little they care about gameplay.

I'd even wager a theory as to why it gets such high praise yet barely wins any GotY awards: Most reviewers actually hate the games but are scared of the "HURR, YOU ARE CASUAL!" shitstorms which would occur if they were to give them the deserved scores. Remember, Famitsu gave Demon's Souls 20/40, and then after all the Namco marketing they gave the much worse Souls 2 40/40.

Frankly, how can you believe a game developer is good when they greenlit something like the following?

youtube.com/watch?v=XbOwjdiUz8c&t=1516s

Attached: you do nothing else in this series.webm (640x480, 2.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/kona_guy007
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

am i banned

Why did you label it as an opinion when its a fact

>infatuation
I see you touched up the script a little, shazaammies.

Loads of games get undeserved praise due to their atmosphere. just look at ocarina of time. I love the game to pieces, but a lot of it is pretty bad. the reason the game became so timeless is it managed to make you feel shit.

Attached: dbtacos.png (1191x670, 1.84M)

spbp

oh nonono hahahahahahha
THEY ARE RIGHTING ESSAYS NOW

Attached: 1644532134302.jpg (1024x926, 129.28K)

I liked the Echo Night games and Lost Kingdoms.

Sekiro I loved.

But I thought Demons Souls was shit, so I didn't play the "Dark Trilogy" or whatever.

>paying money for this

Attached: oh no no no no.webm (845x480, 2.91M)

Trying too hard.

>(opinion)
No one asked for your opinion nigger

I don't want to get banned and my literally 100% legit discussion threads deleted because mods feel pressured to protect your excessive feelings about video games. Apparently I'm walking on egg shells here.

TW3 decisions are meaningless and only lead to a different cutscene. during gameplay there are almost no actual decisions because the combat is that simple
turning on your batman vision is not solving a problem
the villages are nice though

Go back to discord, tranny

>just look at ocarina of time. I love the game to pieces, but a lot of it is pretty bad.
like what?

I can tell you never played any of the King's Field titles if your opinion is King's Field 4 bad.
Watching youtube videos to "experience" games isn't the same and your entire generation was a mistake. Retarded zoomer.

>I can tell you never played any of the King's Field titles if your opinion is King's Field 4 bad.
I actually did. What's your argument here?

@589148459
ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post evidence then.

Wouldn't know how to prove I played a game decades ago. Hypothetically though, what would be your argument exactly?

I like boss fights, a concept like 98% of western game developers despise, apparently. Where else am I going to get decent boss fights in a western fantasy game? Skyrim? Please
Also I like knight armor

Attached: __titanfall_and_titanfall_2_drawn_by_solokov_okb_999__830c6ff2a6587f0ca14f012f2399fea5.png (990x1500, 3.2M)

Your thread just got deleted discordtranny. How about you give it a rest?

Fromsoftware makes casual shit marketed as difficult for tryhards, but it's not like Monster Hunter is any better, though Ninja Gaiden is fun for one playtrhough and then not worht touching again. Nobody has any good tastes anyway, so the people attacking these games likely have even worse tastes.

You want to have fun? Play some Bing Bing.

Attached: 1613305245431.gif (500x545, 117.4K)

>New thread since the las-ACK

Attached: 1631442526970.jpg (853x1000, 237.31K)

there are a million games with better bosses than souls..

>aka no evidence
You're calling a game bad that you've never played. Nothing about your opinion matters. You made no argument as to why the game is bad, just "here's this video". Nothing you say is of importance. Your shilling of CDPR is embarrassing at best. I'm not a fan of Dark Souls 2 and 3, but I know for a fact those will always be better games than Witcher 3 which is entirely propped up by hype, when the actual game itself is a snoozefest.
Get bent zoomer, and feel free to delete this thread.

Name some, I could use some after I finish Elden Ring

imagine being too scared to talk about your own taste

>need their feefees protected by the jannies they screech abou tall day just like the 'thin-skinned trannies' they also seethe about all day
Can you grasp the irony

almost every other game with bosses. check out the webm in op

>how can you believe a game developer is good when they greenlit something like the following?
The guy who literally founded the company made that game. He can greenlight whatever the fuck he wants retard. Do some research before you post something retarded again.

I love Titanfall 2, but even on master, the bosses are kind of underwhelming when it comes to the fights themselves.

Attached: 1627313994076.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

>Fromsoftware makes casual shit marketed as difficult for tryhards,
This except casuals, not tryhards

Attached: image.jpg (2446x2435, 1.26M)

this alone killed more trannies than anything (you) have ever posted on 4ch

Attached: das.png (649x646, 276.18K)

A ton of them are carried by their personality aside from Viper who is actually a bit tough but I do like how they tried in the end, which is a lot considering the competition of shoot big red weak spot. I think it's more a testament to how well T2 plays in general

Attached: 1581368212256.png (680x680, 256.73K)

I'm actually slowly coming to the same conclusion, they're good fun but way over-hyped.

Souls games are not that good, sekiro is amazing though.

>The discordtranny is immunized against all dangers; one may call him a scoundrel, a casul, noob, filtered, it all runs of him like water off a raincoat. But call him a discordtranny and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back. "I've been found out."

What do I need to talk about my own tastes for when they have nothing to do with this thread?

The OP webm doesn't show me any other games, be specific or don't bother telling me to play other games if you aren't even going to name a couple.
Unless you want me to play Ninja Gaiden which I already have and I have no interest in the Witcher's combat

Attached: 59727188_p1.jpg (1000x1000, 419.28K)

How did the 3rd roll dodge?

Mods are Fromsoft fanboys? lol
Hell we could have Miyazaki himself shitposting here instead of actually making inspiring content.

>omg all you do is roll and attack

>woooooow all you do in rpgs is pick items from a menu omg
>lmaooo all you do in fps is aim and shoot wtf

Do retards raid this board because they are too shit at from games to finish them?

If I took a shot for every thread saying Dark Souls/Elden Ring are bad/were never good for the last two weeks I'd have liver failure.

Also don't care still playing Elden RIng.

Attached: 1644329376026.png (938x707, 419.52K)

>Miyazaki himself shitposting here instead of actually making inspiring content.
If you play any of the King's Field titles you'll realize Miyazaki is a hack that just ripped off everything from Naotoshi Zin.

>Where else am I going to get decent boss fights in a western fantasy game?
Depends on whether you prioritize actual gameplay and boss fights or that very specific settings. Dragon's Dogma, all the Platinum games, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, a lot of indie games, Tales of Graces and Arise, God of War, No More Heroes, Ninja Gaiden, Nioh, The Surge, etc. come to mind, though. You might call all of these shit, but watch this webm and realize that this is what From Software combat is like.
No one contradicted any of the claims you make in this post. They still greenlit a game where you need 20 seconds to turn around.
A shitter ring to add even more iframes to the ~15 you have, I guess.

>>omg all you do is roll and attack
True.
>>woooooow all you do in rpgs is pick items from a menu omg
>>lmaooo all you do in fps is aim and shoot wtf
Not true. I mainly like piloting the wasp in Halo anyway.

Attached: BB.webm (640x360, 1.79M)

Tendies hate from software because none of their games are on switch, lmao I knew it

just let people enjoy their souls games. boys will be boys

Attached: from soft.jpg (619x645, 94.38K)

>>discord trannies make a thread

>>ELDEN RING LITERALLY THE SAME FUCKING GAME HOLY SHIT FROMKEKS WILL SERIOUSLY BUY THIS?
>>here's the stream! twitch.tv/kona_guy007

>entire chat is filled with; fromsisters we lost, shazam i kneel, it's over frombros, ect
>click on of those names in chat
>pic related
literal Brazilian transvestites. you can't even make this shit up

Attached: discord faggots.jpg (2140x1699, 1.87M)

>Dragon's Dogma
>MGR
>DMC
>Ninja gaiden
Played them
>Nioh
>NMH
i liked the games fine but their boss fights were kind of shit
Got any more? As you can see, I'm just lacking in any new games with good boss fights to play and I enjoy From games in general so Elden Ring is a no brainer

Attached: 1600832747529.png (724x1104, 1003.1K)

They came out during the height of the CoD craze. That’s the sole reason people hype them up.

>They still greenlit a game where you need 20 seconds to turn around.
Yeah and in the NES Castlevania series you have fixed jump arcs when in Mario you can clearly adjust your jump mid-air.
It's a design choice. The AI in King's Field are painfully easy to abuse. The slow turn speeds and walking speeds are meant to add challenge to an otherwise simple game. It's done on purpose. Just because you get filtered by some starting mimics doesn't make it bad game design, it just makes you shit at an already simple to play video game.

I'll give you a (you) on my last bit of faith that this is somehow a good faith question.
>and they were all the same corridory, streamlined experience with gameplay that boils down to "target-lock enemy, dodge button when enemy attacks, retaliate--rinse, repeat"
Did you actually play any of the games?
Saying it's all the same corridory just shows either bad faith or never having actually played the game.
Within just dark souls 1 you have open fields, open interior spaces, thin footing areas at high altitudes, vertically expansive areas.
Unless your definition for corridory is something much more abstract I can't really see this being a valid statement.

Same for saying the game 'boils down to target lock dodge and retaliate'.
Sure you could play like that but no one really plays the entire game like that.
Even without accounting for mechanics like parrying, blocking, magic, buffing, shooting you still have a lot of conditional situations that pretty much prevent that.
If you ever encounter many enemies at once chances aren't that you go through and target lock dodge retaliate.
You are much more likely to position yourself to your advantage either tunneling them, using a wide range magic attack, or using the environmental traps against them.
If you're in a corridor you could brute force your way with a swinging weapon but it's clearly much more effective to use a spear to stab and not hit the wall as often.

If you came here 2 months ago, I actually would've given your post some consideration and discussed it with you. As it stands right now, the discordtranny raid makes it obvious that the vast majority of threads and posts against from games are made in bad faith and you'll never want to admit why there are legitimate reasons why these games are appealing to a large niche of people.
You should kill yourself right now.

one more week…

>A ton of them are carried by their personality
I'd say it's true for all of them except for Slone.

Attached: 93767f16f6ace4ece91b619f8d02db2d4b7abaf7.jpg (695x650, 178.39K)

>i liked the games fine but their boss fights were kind of shit
unironically don't even see how most souls bosses are better than nmh bosses looking at nothing but gameplay. both are just barely better than pokémon aceus

Attached: Fu fight.webm (720x540, 2.78M)

>Slone
Yeah she's just a bitch. Her phasing Ion is cooler than she is

Attached: 1611087264326.jpg (572x515, 194.18K)