Is melee better than ultimate?

Is melee better than ultimate?

Attached: 15772214456325324625748456345324235479780.webm (1920x1080, 1.65M)

It doesnt have joker so yeah it is

Yes, but Ultimate is still much better than the last two games. In order to get there, they need to bring back momentum jumping, reduce the inherent input lag, make the input buffer toggleable, and bring back hitstun to the levels of melee or 64. Then it will be fun to keep playing. It still suffers from a lack of true combos that every character can access, with only top tiers being able to do it reliably (and they're cookie cutter at that, instead of free form).

Reminder that Project Akenia is continuing to backport worthwhile characters from later installments, so Melee will keep getting better. I'd literally buy a $30 melee physics dlc for Ultimate if Nintendo had the balls to do it

Personally, I like Ultimate the most

Attached: FK6PBZfUcAMPwSB.jpg (1024x768, 80.22K)

I keep holding on to the hope that maybe Sakurai will make another smash a fraction as good as melee. I like rushdown revolt and rivals but melee is still the king.

I like Brawl the most for the great memories, fun factor and single player, but Melee's physics and presentation are my favorites.
Theres something about how Melee has its own art style that was always cool to me, ever since Brawl they sorta just do characters in how they are in their original games.

Ultimate has
>more fighters
>more levels
>better music
Its not even a contest

ugh, what's that smell?

The gameplay is what matters most and Ultimate still shits the bed. Imagine actually thinking that less combos, and stopping middair after jumping is better.

Gamers typically smell like shit, especially FPS lan parties.

Imagine defending melee. Lol

Did you guys see the new banned character? Although people have been saying it has been an unspoken ban for years now.

Attached: 450.jpg (450x450, 27.64K)

Well yeah, it's a better game for people who like control over their character. All changes made in Brawl onwards are for people who are awful at videogames. It's like being proud of being forced to use a tricycle instead of a bike.

>Fire emblem and other miscelaneous characters with counter
>Useless shit like daisy dark pit and ken
>The top tiers (the ones youll face the most) are just fucking boring and people only plays them because they are strong
>worse versions of Mother songs
>Those physics
>Only combos are chaining uptilts like sm4sh
No thank you

Yeah Smash 4 tournaments brought in some real smelly casuals.

>didn't even ask for him
>most played DLC character
He's so satisfying to use

Attached: FAlPprRVkAoSrsj.jpg (1280x720, 155.55K)

Who smells worse traditional fightan niggers and trannies
Ultimate groomers
Or melee nerds

Melee is fucking shitty and retarded and unbalanced while Ultimate has much more content and still has deep gameplay mechanics while being a much more balanced game. You are literally being a contrarian niggerfaggot if you still play Melee, you probably only like shit that's alternative from the mainstream

Its a party game so newer is better

Melee is an old smelly bike that most players remove the wheels pedals and handle bar and skid down the same hill on its frame.

Yeah! Finallynsomeone said it
Just c00nsom the new product!
Why want something that had a resemblance of quality when you can play the NEWEST entry???

yes. its just a shame it only has 11 real characters

Attached: 1639789238476.webm (900x506, 2.33M)

If melee was modded that'd make sense
We are literally playing with intended mechanics that came back in ultimate but nerfed
Lmao zoomers nowadays

yes shorter roster

Not even the pro melee players like Hungrybox or Mew2king play it anymore they've all moved on to Ultimate

I'd just like to remind everyone itt that there are posters on this board, and likely itt, that were not even born when Melee was released. I imagine many of the anti-melee posters are zoomers who never even had the chance to play it when it was the mainline smash game.

Who asked?
They moved on because nintendo boycotted anything melee related lmao
Plus when they switched over they were leagues above ultimates ""pros"'

So you're bad at videogames and don't even understand the metaphor you're trying to make lol. Melee is a bike that allows you to go at any speed you like, while Brawl onwards force you to have training wheels and you're forced to play in your backyard.

Brawl onwards are literally for babies who are shit at vidya. It's sad. One day you will learn it's not much of an issue being destroyed in a Vs. game by someone better than you.

All fighting games are party games, and IMO - my friends aren't really bad at videogames, so they all gravitate to Melee or PM.

Nag, ultimate beat it out. Doesn't help that melee is played out.

Friendly reminder that you're only growing older and the newer generation is rapidly replacing what you think is cool and tasteful. A person born in 2004 can post here without being banned.

That's fine but melee is still the better game than ultimate. Btw you can have thosthose faggots.

Boot uo project m and ill gladly spank you baby

I'll stick with my epic down throw to upair combos

Attached: caratula-super-smashbros-wii (1).jpg (1200x1775, 309.73K)

Ultimate fags been real silent after this dropped

Smash tour is underrated

YOYOYO WHAT UP MY SMASH NIGGERS. ITS TIME TO GET FUCKING FLOATY GAMEPLAY AND CHILDREN GROOMING.

All fighting games are not party games. Smash is designed to be played by a group of people in a casual manner. Fighting games are for more serious encounters.

So how come melee is more complex than street fighter?
I mean we all know street fighter is entry level fg and only play it before moving on, but wouldn't a real game be more complex than a party game?

They literally have no way to defend themselves besides more characters and stages, which is valid to some degree, but you may as well say Mugen is the best game every with that criteria.

Nope. The vast majority of people who play fighting games are teenagers coming home after school and having fun with their bros. Reminder most FGC players were children when they first played their preferred games, like I was when I played Tekken, MVC2 and SF. It's the exact same setup as Smash. Cope.

Its not. This is why smashies have to make up all these fake rules for it to be "fair".

Nobody genuinely thinks ultimate is mechanically superior.

Ultimate has way better mechanics than melee. For fucks sake they think a glitch is a feature.

You might break his shitter brain, be more gentle.

Except you have no knowledge of the purpose of those rules, which are for tournament settings. You do realize other fighting games like SF have had banned characters, right?

Lmao, nope try again. All mechanics added were literally there to make the game easier for scrubs. Hitstun, L-cancelling, wave dashing, DI are all intended and mentioned in the manuals babby.

Your double think isn't gonna change the fact that you are shit at videogames.

Melee is more fun to watch sometimes but Ultimate is much more fun casually with eight player Smash a shit load of stages. My favorites are Minecraft World, Onett, Yggdrisal's Alter (Don't know if I spelled that right), Mario Maker, Temple, and Magicant.

Attached: 1644804752818.jpg (263x192, 4.42K)

>Smash has stages. Period
>Street fighter lacks variety in stages and matches wirh the biggest change just being a BGM change
>Smash has items and other game modes like stamina and coin
>it has no mechanics that can actively change the course of the match (v skills are n00b shit lmao)
>smash removes all that so streetbabies can play it
>They still suck at it
Try getting better at a game before flinging shit at it, the games get better when you can actually play them.
Study some more framedata, pal

Melee is still nore fun casually, shit for brains.