How much say did he have in the game? I’ve heard differing accounts on how much he may have written

How much say did he have in the game? I’ve heard differing accounts on how much he may have written

Attached: D14D39BA-F4A5-46B9-A4E2-9EFCAF71691E.jpg (1125x1670, 316.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o3vBvlT1i_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he let out a wet fart, fell asleep, then charged them $750k to put his name in the credits and advertising

Muh tax policy

Sunset found him shitting on the writing. The more he wrote, the more he shat.

He wrote the backstory on the shattering of the ring and the six lords and their line. Miyazaki turned the present day lords into monsters and filled the world with NPCs.

he literally did nothing but write 10 lines for the opening sequence and everyone with 2 braincells knew from the beginning.
how the fuck do you even incorporate his writing into a game like ER, with 20 armed giants firing lasers and mini suns? makes no sense from a development stand point AND writing stand point.

literally "a few pages"

that's the line from the devs.

he only took the job to have another excuse for not releasing the next book

Pretty much what you'd expect.

>“What they wanted from me was just a bit of worldbuilding: a deep, dark, resonant world to serve as a foundation for the game they planned to create. So, I did my bit, and handed off to my new friends in Japan, and they took it from there.”

>As previously confirmed, Martin did not write any of the dialogue or text for Elden Ring. It turns out Martin is pretty pleased with the finished project, stating that Elden Ring “…looks incredible.”

So it seems George, Miyazaki and whatever other writers were involved on that side wrote lore and ideas for the world itself. All the Kingdoms inside of it and other areas, and that sort of stuff. As well as other world-building related stuff like creatures and the like.
But when it comes down to characters, dialogue, weapons, spells, bosses, and so on; by the looks of it that was Miyazaki and the From Software team.

He wrote the backstory for the world, shit that happened thousands of years ago or whatever. That's all.

he wrote shit that happened before the game
so if you read a note saying that Queen Marika shat herself everyday before sleep that's GRRM
Everything that happens in the game like npc dialogue is Miyazaki

That comes of to me like they didn't know what kind of world to do but they needed a game.

Feels good not having terminal assravaged cognitive dissonance about the fact that GRRM is involved with Elden Ring. Miyazaki is a fan and so am I. I am looking forward whatever his contribution is to the game.

Looking forward to the new Jewish Lord of the Rings too I assume?

>Looking forward to the new Jewish Lord of the Rings too I assume?
No, but it's really funny how hard of a coping nigger you are you had to completely ignore what I wrote which I know decribes you to a t

GRRM worked on Elden Ring. This will never not be true, you can accept it and stop being a buttblasted fag any time you want, or just not play the game. Luckily I have no such issues.

Or they already had many world ideas and wanted to enrich the world-building by inviting another experienced writer to the team. George RR Martin has stated how much he loves world-building, and he is damn good at it. Having him on the writing team in early development clearly helped a lot. If you've never done any kind of writing to build a world for a project on a large scale, you'd be completely forgiven for thinking what you posted.

Elden Ring's world is completely different from the old Dark Souls world lore, and thus they had to build an entire world from scratch. The world is absolutely massive. World building doesn't just mean designing a map and throwing in a couple cool sounding kingdoms. It means building up something from the bottom, and painstakingly changing your entire world for every little thing that you add (to a reasonable extent; not everything needs to be considered wholly).
If you write in a Kingdom, you need to consider how it became a Kingdom, who the rulers are, how the politics work, what kind of vassals and ties they have, and what impacts their rise to power left on the world around them. If you then add a forest with a different race of a mythical type of animal in there, you need to consider the reaction of this entire Kingdom to that forest. If it's a new race, what kind of relations would they have with them? Or if it's a mythical animal, would the Kingdom form bands of hunters and send them to hunt the beasts?
Introduce a new spell and you have to consider the implications of the spell on that world. The list goes on.

>白ひげを生やした太った男は、解説のために数行の会話しか書いていませんでしたが、それから彼はもっと書きたいと言ったので、私たちは彼に任せました。彼は数ページ書いた。

>The fat man with white beard wrote only a few lines of dialogue for exposition but then he said he wanted to write more so we let him. He wrote a couple pages.

Where you was when GRRM was btfo by some yellows with slits

>I got George R. R. Martin to write a few pages of world and characters for my game!
youtube.com/watch?v=o3vBvlT1i_k

>The fat man with white beard wrote only a few lines of dialogue
>As previously confirmed, Martin did not write any of the dialogue or text for Elden Ring.
conflicting statements in this thread

I'm japanese

I have nothing to cope about, unlike someone who legitimately enjoys the work of George R R Martin.

Attached: 1588305336012.jpg (640x916, 152.44K)

Mi-Mi-Miya*sputters as he loses oxygen* MITSUBISHI-san, I am a VERY busy man, you must understand *eats* I am as of late working quite diligently on my newest book, The *fart* The WINDS of Winter, *sweats loudly* I have only so much time to devote to your little electronic amusement.*hacks up chicken bone* But what I find TRULY egregious, based on the material you have provided me, and *belches* based on your PREVIOUS work, is the complete lack of believable World-Building. In particulaaaaaaaarrrrrr*heart stops for 20 seconds* the complete LACK of any description of Lord Gwyn, who is a KING I suppose *snort* having ANY kind of discernible tax policy! His capital, Anal London I believe you so quaintly named it *chuckles* seems to be quite grandiose, aye? But how does he PAY for it all? Flying buttresses ah yes, great big knights patrolling around, who pays for THOSE? *urine stain slowly spreads on shorts* You've got to THINK about these things, man, or else I won't get any work done at all! *falls into diabetic coma*

Attached: game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-buecher.jpg (400x285, 13.58K)

what was Godrick the Golden's tax policy

what he did:
descriptions for major characters like malenia, radahn, marika, godwyn, godrick, godfrey, renna.
also wrote some background lore for various factions in the game and details about its inciting incident, the breaking of the ring

miyazarki then took this 3 - 4 pages of work and extrapolated from it

what they want you to believe he did:
fly to japan for 3 weeks and hash out the entirety of the story, characters, and so on with miyazaki before flying back

>fly to japan for 3 weeks and hash out the entirety of the story, characters, and so on with miyazaki before flying back
I wish. 3 - 4 pages of work is incredibly impressive to get out of him though, considering a single paragraph would usually take him a good couple months. You can make a lot out of 4 pages if the writing is high quality.