Front Mission thread

>See Front Mission 1st Remake announced in the last Nintendo Direct
>Never heard about Front Mission before, decide to try one of them
>Currently playing Front Mission 3, four hours in, having a blast
Why is it so underrated ?
Also, does that network thing useful, or is it only lore and backstories ?

Attached: Front Mission 3 (USA)-220216-185636.png (1317x1080, 1.8M)

Idk, I just got a couple of desktop backgrounds from it. From what I saw it seems to be mostly lore

Lore, backstories, and some sites let you unlock parts.

Your filter looks like trash unironically touch grass.

>and_then_theres_this_faggot.jpg

I tried it for a dozen missions and liked it, although I find the EXP system a bit annoying as it rewards unefficient combat, having to knok off all parts for more points; the characters are meh, the MC is an insufferable cunt, and I find it funny that the main plot point where the two storylines diverge is wheter you go downtown or not or something like that.

But seemed nice, when I get a PSX emulator working fine I'll start from the beginning, and I gotta say, and I'll never get tired of saying it, Amano is great.

Attached: 6574324256768.jpg (850x1200, 246.62K)

Yeah, wasn't there some annoying RNG system to learn abilities too? So you'd have to use suboptimal parts at points and pull your punches in the hopes that whatever ability the part had would trigger so you could learn it. I just enjoyed capturing and collecting mechs, myself. It was so disappointing to find that the police wanzers didn't keep their paintjobs, though. Main reason I wanted to get one.

front mission 3 was one of my childhood favorites. no one i ever talk to seems to have heard of it.

I dont know if FM3 is underrated. It was super sought after and well known to be great in it's launch window. But there were so few copies in circulation most people just didn't have much hope to even get ahold of it. My local movie store fucking auctioned it's copy off when it eventually sold it's ps1 games, alongside other shit like Xenogears, Tronne Bonne, and Valkyrie Profile.

play 1 and 2 in your cellphone with an emulator both are were fully translated long ago

Does Front Mission 3 have any kind of 'arena' mode? My biggest gripe with the series is how broken the arena mode is and how it makes money completely trivial. You just figure out a guaranteed strategy to beat the same enemy over and over getting infinite money so you always just have the best gear no matter what. Front Mission 4 had the best version of this where you get skill points and money, but every time you beat it there is diminishing returns and you can choose to only have certain characters beat it to maximize gains. I have no idea why FM5 brought back the old system which has all the same problems. Obviously you could choose to just not use the arena at all, but then you're at a huge disadvantage because the game is somewhat balanced around the extra money you earn from it.

I'm pretty impressed by the amount of work they've put in the network only to add lore and bonus content. It's great.

Attached: Front Mission 3 (USA)-220216-192856.png (1317x1080, 1.03M)

I don't care. Stay mad.

Attached: shaders.png (1920x1080, 691.14K)

Bumpin a FM thread. Would love to get a private server for the online game that lived next to FFXI and died without international release

I'm not paying attention to EXP or Skills. I don't really want to optimize every fight. I just hope it won't become hard as fuck for no reason later.

Attached: Front Mission 3 (USA)-220216-193302.png (1317x1080, 1.46M)

Isn't only 1st translated ? I think I've read about translation problems with the second game.
I will probably play the remake, if it doesn't butcher the original one.

I haven't see any arena mode for now. But I'm only four hours in, so maybe it will unlock later.

Don't worry too much about that. If you ever hit a wall the battle simulator is always available to grind some EXP and skills at no cost. You can actually download a couple of extra simulation maps off the net for it too, but they're noticeably harder

I'd rather the game becomes hard as opposed to FM4 levels of late game slog. Once you realize what skills are best it's just so damn easy.

That's good to know, thanks.

I've never saw anyone talk about 4, is it worth playing ?

>is FM4 worth playing

Yes, it's kino