Alright lads it's time

Alright lads it's time
Now that we have all the starting classes out what are you going with?
For me, it's Confessor

Attached: Screenshot_20220216-105602_Chrome.jpg (1080x1254, 481.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Obi4iELWJ3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

knight

aren't starting classes completely irrelevant anyways since you can just level up any skill whenever like in dark souls?

Wretch. Lets me minmax my points instead of being given an arbitrary split of points and some character levels.

It's all about the attribute distribution: the least amount of points in the attributes you aren't using is best. That makes Wretch the absolute worst class.

>Wretch.
>Wants to minmax.

Attached: 1613857529612.png (400x551, 126.79K)

Sort of, you start with different base stats, abilities and gear. You CAN get all of that later on, eventually, but if you want pyromancies or plate armor from the start classes help, otherwise you go several hours without them

k***ht you mean

magic is for faggots and bitches

Vagabond Quality build.

Wretch, because minmaxing your first run is for autistic faggots.

I gotta go bandit. Sorry guys. Not sorry. *melds into darkness*

inb4 Arcane is actually shit

I always just do a plain dex build for a first playthrough so probably bandit.

Prisoner, never taking the mask off. Simple as.

Attached: image_2022-02-16_111033.png (202x249, 29.29K)

The amount of Confessors main is worrying.

Then you want to take a class that doesn't waste as many points on stats you don't want, like points on magical abilities. Vagabond, hero, and samurai are all good choices.

Attached: 1601467691603.jpg (497x645, 60.35K)

Probably Confessor, I was thinking heavily armored paladin-type a la Vagabond with faith investment but the existence of incantations that enhance stealth almost makes me wanna go along with the Confessor backstory and play as a holy assassin.

It would be pretty retarded if you could take it off without finding a key for it first.

It's not that surprising, it's a solid stat spread and gives you access to a good variety of weapons and incantations. The guide even says how good it is.

>diverse
>class choice
That's not what this word means but journofags gotta optimize those keywords.

Going Bandit

And your all gonna seethe when Arcane turns out to be overpowered and I invade yall

Can anyone explain to me the reasoning why wretch is bad?

Why is the rule you want the least points in the stats you don't want?

If wretch had 30 in all stats for instance, it would be broken yet it wouldn't have the least points in the stats we don't want. Is there some other unspoken rule going on that I'm not aware of?

The YouTuber that just came out with the strength faith buildguide 40 str, vgr, end, and 30 faith - had the Hero reaching the desired stats the earliest (soul level 107) when I plug the wretch in and see when it reaches the desired stats, it's at soul level 110 only 3 levels behind.

they didn't learn from dark souls 3 and made a mostly useless skill for 90% of builds in which the knight archetype has the least of starting out
vagabond will be most peoples choice unless your brain can handle wasted levels

*literally only uses sunlight spear, lightning stake and lightning arrow on u*

Attached: En1ttO4WMAY6S-_.jpg (1200x800, 74.05K)

>10FAI gives you a faith version of Fall Control
Looks like devs really want everyone to use at least the utility magic

The logic is that if you're going for a build that doesn't need any Dex, for example, why wouldn't you pick the class which starts with as little Dex as possible? It's wasted on you. People are definitely overthinking this though, it's really not that necessary to minmax this hard, especially since we know respecs are a thing. People just like to do the math behind what they want their build to be, despite the very nature of these games usually encouraging the player to be a little more fast and loose with what they use. Ashes of War encourage this even more because you never know if you're gonna find an awesome one that doesn't work with your current weapon.

You start at level 1 as a Wretch, with all stats at 10, meaning you get the most points to manually spend out of all classes. Zero of them going to wasted stats. I'm sure it's a difficult concept for a nintentoddler to grasp though, i don't blame you.

I hope different builds feel diverse unlike in Souls games.

>Want cool blue Cape
>Also want goofy mask
Choice too hard.

They're cool, stylishly dressed, start off higher level, and are well rounded with what seems like a good mix of combat, healing, and blasting.

Attached: 128950f9bed6087076225c64c98f2be6--character-art-character-inspiration.jpg (417x750, 25.56K)

Knight because it sounds based.

Starting stats barely matter.

Thats why Soul Level 30 should be the cap in every souls game. The 120 meta is because casual redditors.

You can't respec to below the stat level of your starting class. If your starting class has any attribute points in a dump stat for the build you envision then those are wasted points.
Wretch starts with a 10 in everything. If you're aiming for a full melee no magic build then that's an entire 5 attribute points wasted in INT and FTH you're never getting back compared to Hero.

Choose whichever has a cooler loadout and then loot the mask/cape.
Also, capes can now be switched on/off so I assume there's more armor pieces with them.
Or was it the capes are now separate items? I can't remember.

Do it then.

Attached: 1601790370344.png (249x202, 152.49K)

Try thinking about this a little bit harder mr brainlet

All characters have the same total of stats, Wretch has no specialization and wasted points in every category for every build, same as every iteration of Deprived.

user...

I like the confessor, but I really like the astrologer too. I want to try a DEX/INT build with confessor, but its easier to just use the prisoner instead. Goddamit, why do the most /fa/ classes get the shittiest stat spread?

That's not how the Wretch/Deprived ever worked, user.

smart people shut up and do their thing
normal people discuss
the absolutely most braindead ones are always the most vocal and wrong

that's not how it works, you want to have a starting class that has negative (less than 10) attributions to stats you don't care to level. So, say you don't want any Arcane, then you would choose a class with less than 10 Arcane

Confessor stat spread is shit though. 2 wasted points in INT compared to Prophet. 2 wasted points in ARC compared to Vagabond, if those are your dump stats.

Attached: 1644920222693.png (1498x899, 1.16M)

> Imagine caring for minmaxing in a single player skill based game.

Attached: 1623703437318.jpg (225x225, 12.53K)

I thought we already settled on the official Any Forums class?

Attached: samuraikino.png (1132x446, 204.99K)

Vengabond
youtube.com/watch?v=Obi4iELWJ3Y

Attached: saturday knight fever.gif (320x320, 1.31M)

>uooooh i want to minmax aaaa
Pure fucking cancer. Minmaxers deserve to get obliterated by gank squads. Being retarded enough to ruin a game by spreadsheeting before it even comes out is peak autism.

Attached: 1644066579049.jpg (466x388, 25.08K)

Yeah and going to NG+ could add another 30 levels to that cap.

nice

im rolling a str int build but im taking confessor for that armor alone, it looks so sick.

I see no one has claimed samurai yet. It's not easy having the best taste

Attached: 1644946920605.png (1604x932, 291.19K)