Is physical ownership of modern games really any better than digital ownership...

is physical ownership of modern games really any better than digital ownership? if the patch servers are shut down you're stuck with whatever is on the disk.

Attached: 1642307153762.jpg (369x369, 55.95K)

I just torrent everything for free unless it has denuva in which case i don't care. who cares dude, it's just a fucking video game.

You can often download patch files from somewhere, or keep them around yourself.

why did this guy make Any Forums seethe so hard?

This just pirate most shit, support the stuff you want to support. Great Reset kikes are already shook over how much of a fail fake covid shit has been

It depends on the game. Mario Odyssey without patches will still be a pretty good game, even without Balloon World and some bugfixes. But Pokémon BDSP will be even more shit without patches, since half the fucking game is in the patch.
Not taking piracy into account, of course, as that just makes everything a non-issue in terms of preservation.

Sony and Microsoft seem to have a unified server/store unlike Nintendo who has their own store for each console. You can still download 360 games and I imagine PS4 games for decades. Obviously nothing lasts forever but it looks like it will outlast us

Physical ownership in its entirety is a meme unless you're a collector. I don't need the original silent hill on PS1, I can put the ROM on a CD and play that, or even emulate if I'm desperate. The only right you retain when it comes to physical over digital is the right to buy and sell the physical game as a collectible. You don't own that game, you own the disc, the instruction manual, and the case, and the IP holder is who owns that game. People's biggest complaint for digital is this lack of permenance for your games. You don't have it physically in hand, so it's easier for the company who sold it to you to take it away from you, and you can't sell it. But that's where piracy comes in, and makes it impossible for a company to take that game back from you.
These
>you will own nothing and be happy
doomposters are just that, doomposting. You never owned your games, you have always been able to pirate them to keep them, and physical only appeals to collectors and purists. If you wanna doompost about threatening ownership, go google what they're putting in new cars soon to remotely shut them down.

Attached: 1644967679214.png (265x149, 49.86K)

Why is Any Forums so obsessed with ownership? It's better to rent and finance

Attached: ax6AllA5l0MQWd6K0_kstLzVIPmf_p4gQPlspo8RarY.jpg (615x1077, 174.04K)

Fluoride stare, lack of awareness, his glory is complete slavery to the antichrist. The antichrist: the figure you accept because they made things so bad for you that "asked" for enslavement, for now and ever and ever and ever and ever, for you and everyone else. Your existence will spark no more than anyone else. You're being sold slavery for world peace.

Same shit. It's all ones and zeroes on either a hard drive or a dvd/cartridge.

Odyssey was reprinted several times though, so the latest reprint is likely to have balloon world in it, the thing is where do you even check in the box or cart to see which version is it that you have

Based

Attached: you will own nothing and you will be happy [sound=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.catbox.moe%2Foc7f1w.mp3].webm (274x250, 1.96M)

no, physical ownership is a complete meme in this day and age. Not only are the games on disc incomplete 90% of the time because they require a day 1 patch, but the box art is dogshit and the worst its ever been, the games don't come with manuals, they come with nothing but a disc in an ugly box.

Digital all the way. Maybe physical would be worth it if the boxes actually looked good. But who the fuck wants this on their shelf?

Attached: 61bF5-QAX+L.jpg (409x500, 72.45K)

For games that require massive patches to fully function, yes. It only applies to games where the content is actually fully on-disc and you don't need a connection to access the full game.

It's why I don't really see any point in buying console games at all, physical or digital, 8th gen onward. Especially when there's not even much there to justify bothering anyway. I do own a lot of physical PS3 games. Most are totally functional, and if there are any patches it's just for small tweaks like MGS4 allowing full installation or Lair enabling proper analogue stick controls. But even then, I never even bothered buying a PS3 until it was hacked in 2010. I have the .pkg files to manually install updates

Yeah, that's the other aspect of it. Besides just having a physical local version of your data without relying on servers, it was nice having all the small bonuses that physical media had. Nice cases, cool artwork on the cover and on the inside, nice manuals, etc. But over the course of gens 7-8 all these things were eroded away. They started making cases that were thinner and thinner plastic and with holes cut out, so they were flimsier than wet cardboard. They first reduced manuals to a couple pages, then to a sheet of legal safety info, then to a QR code or nothing at all. They got rid of the inside cover artwork too that I really enjoyed in a lot of PS3 games.

>whatever is on the disk
>disk
Good thing all the good games are on cartridges anyway.

Geez, I didn't even consider reprints of the same cart/disc. Scalping's gonna be even fucking worse in the future, isn't it?

Attached: IMG_20210209_182004.jpg (240x334, 16.14K)

what's the point if the switch is not durable?

I can just imagine Schwab holding a gun to his head off camera saying
>"Go ahead, servant; crack a smile."
Getting mad the actor is literal Star Wars fan tier behavior.

so literally any acting job then
guy probably has no clue what the final product will be, literally just smiling into a camera for stock footage to be dubbed over later with literally anything

It is on the Switch, any game not made by Nintendo (even some like Xenoblade) skyrocket in price after the first year since they are so quick to stop production which you can make your money back easy and even more.

The guy looks way to jewy to be any of those. He's probably in on it.

i own everything and i am not happy

I just like holding my games and looking at them on my shelf. Also I get collectors editions sometimes.

The simple fact that you can have your digital purchases locked if your account is banned makes physical better. What are they going to do? Come to my house and ban my ps1 disc?
If I say nigger on a message board, with digital my purchases are at risk, with physical I just make a new account

fuck this faggot and his stupid non-owner face

Physical would be better if publishers weren't compleye jews about it and only putting an installer on the disc. New games still require a download day 1 because that's how they exercise control over the medium.

I buy physical anime blu rays some are worth $200+ , some ps4 and Switch games are worth +100

Attached: f1f7b5b6a9a5d1a5a78f16491beaf9e2.jpg (640x640, 65.65K)

>ameicans are too poor they can't even pay for pizza
Is the inflation rate really bad

>doomposters are just that, doomposting
Whats Crazy about the doom you will own nothing posters (I think it's just one and multiple copycats)
Is they're always in gamepass threads but somehow the company that single handedly destroyed psychical releases on PC is left alone.
You assume the deck threads would be filled to the brim with these dudes but they're not.
Really makes you think

Ownership is control, you absolute 15-year-old.

physical (even movies) >>>>>>>>>> trash >> digital

This unfortunately. They removed the benefits of owning physical so there's no reason outside of collecting older games. This was definitely intentional.

Do they repo the shit from your toilet?

Attached: 1644998176255.png (512x497, 258.07K)

digital ownership is best, you're up to date and you can keep different versions, easy to move, doesn't take up physical space, you can make multiple copies so they dont get rekt
drm is the problem and it can be removed