Video game preservationists are not pretentious pirate-

>Video game preservationists are not pretentious pirate-
How long until our politicians wise up and make third-party "video game preservation" a federal crime?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-02-16 Twitter.png (598x875, 280.5K)

never? The vast majority of congresses/paralamentary houses in the world are filled with ancient fucks who hardly know what video games are let alone give a shit about anything involving them

>Nintendo: You can’t buy this game anymore, that also means I won’t be making money off it anymore.
>Ok I’ll just pirate it since you’re not making money
>Nintendo: NOOOOOOOOO YOU CANT DO THAT BECAUSE BECAUSE....YOU JUST CANT OKAY???

Everything this person is saying is correct you gigajew.

There is nothing wrong with piracy

Attached: 1642629611525.jpg (556x646, 44.02K)

Our current government isn't legitimate anyway, commit every minor crime you can get away with.

>This makes tendies shit and piss their pants in fear and rage

Attached: seethe_tendie.png (688x484, 34.55K)

>the leapfrog folder
for what purpose

If anything, preservation of any and all media should be supported first and foremost before bending the knee to corporations and shitty people that can't fathom the idea of someone wanting to enjoy something that was taken off the shelves years ago
>but why play old when there's new
Because I want to play the old game, retard

Attached: 1643327482721.png (484x426, 29.89K)

It's part of the no-intro sets and clocks in a t 370MB, so who cares.

No one is entitled to video games, games are cheap, and there are hundreds of free games.

There's already legal precedent that says they can't.

"videogame preservationists" are welcome to preserve the games once the copyright on them expires in the early 2100s

until then they can suck my nuts

>No one is entitled to video games, games are cheap, and there are hundreds of free games.

Attached: 1628982537949.jpg (1000x1000, 154.74K)

Actually preservation is beyond the scope of copyright.
Hell they don't even have the right to demand you don't copy any part of the code for personal use and even if it did you actually wouldn't be able to run ANY software due to the nature of running software.

Attached: 029312312.gif (269x240, 2.49M)

Go back to .

Archival copying of access protected work requires a specific exemption to the DMCA that is only given out every three years, and can expire and make it illegal AGAIN every three years

Size of the whole no-intro directory, user?

That's for publically accessible archives and projects. Personal archival is entirely beyond the scope of copyright.

Wrong
the DMCA applies to any circumvention of any access-protected work
Why do you think farmers are so pissed off they can't fix their own tractors?

Farmers are pissed because their tractors are designed to not function if aftermarket parts are installed. It has fuck all with the actual legal precedent of dmca.
Do you are have a stupid?

Attached: 634.png (1680x1080, 42.81K)

>no one is entitled to them
And yet I download them anyway. Bitch

>Why do you think farmers are so pissed off they can't fix their own tractors?
Any farmer with half a brain flashes their tractors with custom slav firmware though.

And that firmware is extremely illegal.

Didn't read a single word, but based on this profile pic it's 100% the most retarded opinion/argument possible

Attached: Screenshot(49).png (437x395, 208.51K)

They aren't entitled to my money and they clearly don't want it. I will keep seeding their games.

What makes it extremely illegal?

nah it's a broken clock in this case
captcha: TARTP

>They aren't entitled to my money
True. You are still not entitled to their games.

op, it's too on the nose
maybe try some genuinely controversial topic, or pretend to be smart and cite some burger laws or some shit
otherwise, subpar bait 3/10

Nice fallacy, bootlicker. I'll listen to a faggot if he's shitting on copyright. I'll punch him in the face for anything else

Who said it isn't piracy? Making software widely available for free is the best way to preserve it. Fuck your rules.

It isn't but if the tractor software gets regulated as being a racket it will collapse the entirety of DRM's legal support and immediately open them to being assraped to death with lawsuits for intentionally delivering faulty products.

If you won't sell me the game, I'm still going to play it.

Then give a mandatory substantial percentage of used games sales to companies who own the copyright.

Jew claws typed this.
What gamer would be against emulation of out of print material? You're either a filthy jew publisher or a collector hoping to sell soon.

Why do you think I give a single fuck

True that they are luxury goods and nobody is entitled to another man's work, however don't be surprised if you stop selling something, people look for ways to acquire it.
>be Nintendo
>refuse to sell copies of game X
>refuse to remaster / re-release game X
>pirate makes a fan version
>REEEEEEEEE
>OK please sell me one copy of game X
>No

>How long until our politicians wise up and make third-party "video game preservation" a federal crime?
Hopefully never, because when that happens, we fall back into media dark ages as the effect cascades through all forms of media, books, music, and movies all become a free-for-all for megacorporations using it to as precedent for exclusivity. Think all these fucking Netflix and Steam style platforms, like you have hundreds of them as is, but encouraged by law to become walled gardens.

>Smokes red and blue herbs
>Passes you the green herb
What did leon mean by this?

Attached: twitter-screencap-thread.webm (696x522, 1.72M)

trump lost, touch grass

The President doesn't establish the state you fucking sped LOL

Never you faggot. Things are supposed to go into public domain after 50 years or after the creator passes away, whichever happens first. Fuck Disney for fucking with laws so they can keep mickey in perpetuity.