Make videogame

>make videogame
>it's actually good, people like it
>no microtransactions
>people still pirate it because they love free shit
do pirates have an actual legit argument?
I want a proper discussion, no shitposting please

Attached: 1613168535864.jpg (1024x1024, 371.84K)

Wow cool a free game

Attached: images.jpg (235x215, 9.95K)

The legit argument is that I spend enough on games as is and sometimes I just want free shit. I mean I could wait 2 years for a steam sale but then the dev gets less money anyways so that isn't much better.

kids with no money
people that got used to pirating stuff since they were kids with no money
poorfag neets

>do pirates have an actual legit argument?
Why would you pay for something free?

so you can actually have a second game from that dev if you really liked it

I don't have money.
You already do.
In fact, you should give me money for playing your game and shilling it to buyfags.

You can't own information. If you dont want people to share your work with each other for free you shouldn't have given it out.
Fundamentally I don't believe copyright or patents are legitimate

not every pirated copy is lost sale, dear brainlet

No, it’s theft. But it’s theft that is incredibly easy to get away with and doesn’t require much effort or risk to do, so people will keep doing it. The only way to make it work is for enough people to buy the game to make it worth it to the developer, unless the developer doesn’t care about money and just likes making games.

As it stands now, there’s good money to be made with video games, and despite the prevalence of piracy, it’s still worth it to sell games.

There will always be pirates. If your target audience is a group with a lot of pirates, no shit it will get pirated a lot. It doesn't matter if enough other people buy the game, unless the only feasible way to play the game for people is downloading it third party, in which case you're just asking for pirating

>pirate game
>complain over devs not porting games to PC anymore

Attached: 1438243347972.jpg (500x667, 94.12K)

China don't play on consoles so they HAVE to ship on PC anyways. The market is too big to miss.

There is no "legit arguement" to piracy
Pirates do it because they can and noone is really stopping them.

Any faggot that's trying to do mental gymnastics:
>Try before buy
>Don't want to support dev/publisher because they hurt feefees on [social media platform]
>Will buy it when it's on offer later
>It's not stealing it's making a copy :^)
Are spineless fucking dumbasses.

If I pirate your game I wouldn't have bought it anyway. Are you mad because someone enjoys something you made without paying you or because you thought you would have been paid otherwise? It really doesn't matter

Deal with it

Attached: 1645024704878.png (700x483, 338.91K)

Your problem is thinking piracy = lost sale. If you somehow made your game 100% unpiratable, pirates would simply ignore your game and pirate a different title.

I have full time job making only 75k per year so yes I will continue to pirate forever
I don't need a reason to other than, it's free

You really thought you did something didn't you faggot?
Read again and that is EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID

>do pirates have an actual legit argument
Yea, I love free shit.

It's not rocket science you sperg. There's no discussion. You can call it whatever you want, as long as I have access to free shit, I'll take it.

For those people who think, "it's free" is a valid argument, tell me, why don't you try working to earn money instead?

most people who pirate wouldn't have bought the game if piracy wasn't an option anyways

Having money doesn't mean I should spend it on games

this

>poor as kid
>pirate everything
>dad said "i already bought the pc, find the games for cheap"
>actually congratulates me when I pirated harry potter 1 when I was 12
>grow up
>work
>study
>make good money
>married
>had a kid
>still a pirate to this day

fuck everybody, i dont care

I bought Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, and Horizon this month. I would buy Sifu but this month is crowded and its really on the developers to release their games in a month I'm not spending money on something else.

>also make videogame, price it 10 bucks, with a 10% launch discount
>it's actually good, people like it, 30 100% positive Steam user reviews. Get the Positive tag and show up on the discovery queue.
>no microtransactions or any of that bullshit, just promised free patches and updates, and configured achievements.
>people still pirate it because they love free shit
>sales are still decent, low but consistent, and I know that not only I can't do anything about that, but also those people probably wouldn't buy the game

Companies are going to deal with it by introducing laws and systems where they can automatically take money out of your bank account or your pay cheque. They're going to get the means to spy on you pushed upon you through society's concern over CP. If there's a false positive, it would be on you to go to the courts to refute the money automatically being taken from you.

post game

I don't have any income, being neet, so if I had to buy every game I play I would go bankrupt very quick. Also it's better to pirate first and buy second if you feel like it.

Do Americans really?

Attached: 1644917787786.jpg (1097x803, 123.85K)

so pirates are just dumb retards
not surprised

b-b-based china?

Gabe was right, piracy is a service problem. I already had an extra hard drive to store pirated games on. But now that the steam deck is coming out, and I like the idea of playing 2d indie games on it on my couch or just wherever, I've been buying a ton more games on Steam and broke my pirate-only 3 year streak. I've loosened up a bit on paying for smaller, cheaper games that I don't intend on playing right now but intend on playing in a year or two when the devs are finished or they leave early access.

I still only go for sales though. I wishlisted a $0.99 game last week and I got it on sale yesterday for $0.69. Pretty happy.

I'll never pay for a video game again. I learned my lesson.