Triangle Strategy Game

What was Any Forums reception to the demo? Also opinions on the game. Playing half of it. I am very annoyed, of the lack of face portraits. I don't know if I can play the full game without it, it is just so disjaring for me. The voice acting is okay, nothing spectacular, but not bad, however I can never trust American translations. Is it atleast mostly faithful in comparison to Japanese translations?

Attached: 1645026674121.jpg (1280x852, 238.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sLBQlqG4lpc?t=673
gamebanana.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The game is very dry and the intro takes way too long. I'm dissapointed.

press the X button to see portraits dumbass

Yea, I am a dumbass, I didn't clarify myself. I mean more in the position with dialogue such as tactics Orge, and tactics advance

If you're playing on Ryujinx it should be fairly easy for someone to mod in portraits during dialouge
If you're using a switch, just lol, lmao

It's great. Combat is 10/10. Story is fine. Pacing is trash, but hopefully it improves after it gets going.

I liked it, though like user said there's too much dialogue in the opening chapters. I finished the demo in something like 4 hours and I'd be surprised if more than 1.5 hours of that was spent in battles

I want to like it, but I'll have to wait and see. I have a friend who's getting it, so I'll ask if the ratio between WORDS and actual gameplay improves. I just don't trust the story to be good enough to justify the game feeling more like a VN at times than a TRPG. I'd like to be wrong though.

why is the voice acting so god damned awful? They all sound like they're talking to a wall. Why wont anyone ever shut the fuck up? Why do I have to go through an hour of cutscenes after the first 15 minute fight? Jesus fuck playing the game is a god damned chore.

Combat is good and actually tactical, hard mode is actually hard, I got assblasted on hard and had to learn how to play the game. Kinda weird to go from permadeath in FE to being able to just throw away units for benefitial positioning or another tactical advantage. It kinda makes sense given how enemies like to focus specific squishy units and low health ones.

I've played most of my isometric TTRPGS on my bed portably, tactics advance, Orge, Dishes 2-5 XCOM 1,2 all comfy with my portable device. Plus it comes out a day before my birthday my friends have already told me they are buying it for me. Can't tell them no buy me a different gift without sound like a whiny, choosey cunt.

Attached: 1645027977642.jpg (595x473, 24.7K)

I found it to be fantastic and am incredibly hyped to play the full release. I had no problems with the portraits, but I can understand if others might. What I did have issues with was the turn order line on the bottom, it inexplicably shifts occasionally to show when enemies attacking, or to the next allied unit, which makes it seem as if that unit is next, which is not the case at all. It basically causes me to ignore the turn bar in favour of numbers on the characters themselves to determine turn order. Has anyone else experienced this or am I unknowingly pressing a button to toggle it?

Lol dishes, phone gagging here meant to say "disgea"

>Playing half of it. I am very annoyed, of the lack of face portraits. I don't know if I can play the full game without it, it is just so disjaring for me.
Completely agree with this, that's how I felt playing the demo. I hate this dumb 3D sprite artsyle as I've notice the sprites warping sometimes during battle and the game runs worse then I'd like it to, which wouldn't have been a problem if they just went with normal sprites.

Only finished chapter 2 so I can't really comment on the gameplay too much but it feels simple but at the same time convoluted, like there's too many things going on that don't actually matter that much. It feels halfway between FFTA and Fire Emblem and it doesn't feel like it does anything as well as either of those two series. The story gives me big Fire Emblem vibes which is NOT a good thing as those are usually simplistic and generic as fuck so I really hope it doesn't go down that route.

I like it after the first route of the demo. It's fun to get immersed in the world for me. This is going to miss a lot of people if they don't like a heavy story or interacting with the world.

the story seems like it may be ok, generic anime bullshit at worst, but if that was gonna stop me i wouldent have played tactics advance or any FE game either.

the underused portraits do bother me too, was really wishing they would change that for the final game. bugs me that they bothered giving us these absolutely beautiful portraits and opted to only ever use them in the stats menu. Instead they opted for story to be delivered through the low res unit sprites that you're going to be looking at the entire time.

still think it should be a great game though.

Attached: 45654456.png (509x586, 430.12K)

>why is the voice acting so god damned awful?
Don't play with the dub?

japo voices are just as fucking stilted. And when the voices are turned off the fact that you're reading a novel really hits hard. Nothing like sitting there reading verbose prose for an hour straight.

>They all sound like they're talking to a wall.
Just because they're generally calm and collected that were actually taught some etiquette and manners, doesn't mean they're talking as if they were talking to walls.
You can easily speak with nuanced words and meaning and properly convey both your message and emotions while keeping most of your own emotions somewhat subdued.

Visual style 9/10
Combat 10/10
Story 8/10
Characters (demo) 8-9/10
Pacing 4/10

I do like dragan's drunk monologue. I do love Vns so dialogue heavy games are a plus for me atleast for the first playthrough. I can see it getting rough for 2-5 plays through with different factions and choices of each different faction. Especially if you like playing on the hardest difficulty like me where every resources you've obtained counts. Also fuck square for only given the UK the collectors edition.

The plot and pacing seem so fucking bad. I hope the rest of the game isn't like this.

youtu.be/sLBQlqG4lpc?t=673
wonderful acting

So you generally try and do another playthrough right after the other, I generally come back to these game a year or two later and trying a different route, by that time it's fresh again

>I can see it getting rough for 2-5 plays through
I don't actually think it'll be much of a problem. Because unlike a surprising many other non-VN games that are still dialogue heavy, this game actually has a dialogue skip/fastforward button as if you were holding down CTRL in a VN.
Just hold down R when "reading" repeat dialogue on a second a playthrough. It even speeds up the animations in-between dialogues.

Im hyped they sold it after the first battle. Im sure you will recruit those bandits on a liberty playtrough

you guys wanted translations that are closer to the source tho

I hope so. Trish was a real cutie and archers appear to be very useful.

total delusion

How are you guys playing this? It's not even out until March

maybe the game has some kind of Robin Hood path where you can convince them to do some more honourable thieving.
Like redistributing salt from the 1% to the 99% or something.

Attached: 1645030814.jpg (1280x720, 231.38K)

Free demo is out on the eShop chapters 1-3

Same thing happened to me. I don't really understand the turn order bar.

The game got a new demo at the end of the last direct.
It includes the game's first three chapters and your save data will carry over to the full game.

Unit levels are restricted to level 5 for the demo though.

Third. It seems to jump around when it pleases. My efforts to return to its start point only confuse me further. Are we retarded?

goty.

?
Wouldn't be the hardest mod ever made for a Switch Game......
gamebanana.com/