Literally one of the greatest protagonists of all time

Literally one of the greatest protagonists of all time
And easily the best Tales game.

Attached: Luke.png (345x535, 722.78K)

>Jade: I would understand if you chose to hate me. Even if you died, we would still have an original with stable powers. The miasma would be gone, and fewer replicas would place less strain on resources.
>Luke: Jade... Would you really ask me to-
>Jade: I would ask you to die, yes. If I were an Emperor with a country to consider. But as your friend... I feel compelled to stop you.
>Luke: ...I never knew that you thought of me as a friend.
>Jade: Really? I suppose that's understandable. I am a terribly cold person. ...I'm sorry, Luke.

pure kino

Attached: 1644527939940.jpg (360x360, 25.26K)

The cast really was the best in Abyss
Especially Jade and Tear

Kick Anise in favor on Nan and I would agree with you.

Attached: Nan_Artwork.png (730x950, 770.33K)

The bar isn't very high for Tales of games, but yes, Abyss has the best cast, especially Jade is a perfect character go glue them all together.

Too bad the pacing is as abysmal as the name implies in the second half and you are just pingponging from place to place for very pointless things to happen or to be told.

I sitll have to replay Vesperia, but so far I'd say Symphonia, Abyss and Vesperia are the only very great ones.

Attached: kek.webm (854x576, 2.67M)

The classics have some of the best atmosphere, but they're all unplayable now because of constant random encounters desu

>Random encounters
What the fuck are you even talking about?

Why are new games so soulless and don't even understand the drawing engine "Atmos Shader” the best games in the series had?

Attached: classic and nu-tales.jpg (2560x3600, 3.79M)

About random encounters in the pre-Symphonia games

the classics having random encounters obviously. I don't mind them myself, Holy Bottles are cheap and I never found the rates to be too egregious.

PLEASE, MASTER VAN, PLEASE, LET ME SUCK YOUR COCK!

I quit Phantasia for this reason. Holy fuck it was LITERALLY every three steps. I guess I could have used holy potions more but I didn't feel like constantly chugging them.

I still have Symphonia on my to-do list myself, haven't found a time for it but it looks like a good time, Kratos seems cool.
Something in regards to replaying Vesperia is that while the combat is really fun Yuri has an annoying tendency to hog all the good skills past the point of what is reasonable. Take Glory, for example. Yuri is fast enough to not need it, specially when Ghost Wolf makes for a very strong repositioning tool, whereas Karol is slow as crap and gets jack, so the fact that he's not the one getting Glory feels like salting a wound. I've heard that using Cheat Engine to give these skills to other characters works pretty well but I've yet to try it myself, and at least OVL does most of these things for you anyway.

It's a real shame that Arise felt so one and done to me, just didn't grab me the way Vesperia, Abyss and later Graces did

I like how Jade's entire character arc is basically a legitimate sociopath learning intellectually how to be a good person. He never really feels like he 'has to' do the right thing because he emotionally feels it, he's logically worked out the morality and come to that conclusion.

Yeah I have no idea how lobotomized people have to be to tolerate this. You can say it was just a thing of its time, but even as a kid I hated all JRPGs for that reason. That all devs stopped doing it kinda proves I was right and shit like FF7 is the most overrated stuff ever

Even DRAGON QUEST stopped doing random encounters, that should tell you how much everybody realised it was kinda awful.

only brainlets don't understand why random encounters are good design

The only cringe thing about Symphonia is that the story goes all out about "Christians = LE BAD" even more so than Abyss but it has the best pacing, level design, gameplay outside of combat and also great slow and tactical combat and good characters none of which look very gay or offensive, which is untypical for this genre. I think they wanted to cater a bit to Zelda fans which probably helped with the dungeons

Is there a bigger pleb filter than random encounters
Literally every zoomer can't handle it

this desu, I played FFIX removing random encounters (only setting it back when I wanted to fight) and it changes a lot, the pace is much better like that and you can explore more

I don't think they're inherently awful, as they often force levels on the player so you're never under-leveled by intentionally avoiding combat like can happen in roaming monster RPGs, but it feels like all of the benefits of random encounters are eclipsed by other variants.

Nah, you can make SOME random encounters, especially for fights that are ACTUALLY hard, like Arc Rise Fantasia does it for example, but not for every random shit enemy. You can also do what Tales of does since Symphonia and just make the enemies chase you a bit on the map and sometimes hard or impossible to skirt.

Having 0 control over it is retarded. Period.

>zoomers hate wasting time on boring, predictable shit
Is this true? Would be their first good quality.