Is it better than Deus Ex?

Is it better than Deus Ex?

Attached: 3A2B8B72-8749-40D1-9D42-E2AD9A36D463.jpg (828x873, 539.38K)

No, the third act is pretty shit

No, but I'd say they're about equal.

No.

Attached: rottenwaytodie.png (2559x1066, 730.68K)

personally i'd say yes, the gameplay is miles better.

Dude sex aiming system is not that good IMO, and i might have accidentally fucked with the game balance by upgrading the standard pistol to max power, any non-romot enemy died in 1 headshot, and if i felt like not shooting, the dragon tooth is retarded.

at least in SS2 you need some stat investment and to time your swings better if you want to maul stuff with the crystal shard

What were they thinking?

Attached: 97CF0F6E-2F33-449B-9B35-44C4287415A5.png (640x480, 112.67K)

>the gameplay is miles better.
Nah. The number of different approaches in Deus Ex makes for a more enjoyable gameplay experience. System Shock 2's weapons and psionic powers arguably haven't been thought out completely and there's many you just don't use or are too powerful.

Both are 10/10, so...

I’ve actually been throwing together a list of moves that translate SS2’s controls over to be compatible with a controller. I planned on using the dual sense controller with it since I have a spare. I haven’t tried it yet since I haven’t had the time, but this is what I have so far:

System Shock 2 Controller Moveset (With Dualsense):
Action:
- [ ] Return to Steam: Home Button
- [ ] Look: Right stick (and trackpad)
- [ ] Move: Left stick
- [ ] L1 and R1: Lean left/right
- [ ] Pause: Start button
- [ ] Inventory: Trackpad click
- [ ] Crouch: Circle button
- [ ] Grab/interact: Left trigger
- [ ] Fire weapon: Right trigger
- [ ] Jump: X button
- [ ] Weapon Wheel: Triangle button
- [ ] Navigation Marker: Right stick click
- [ ] Cycle weapons: (D-pad left/right)
- [ ] Use Medkit: D-pad (up)
- [ ] Use Psi Hypo: D-pad (down)

Menus:
- [ ] Move mouse: Trackpad (and Right stick)
- [ ] Left click (select): Right trigger
- [ ] Right click (interact): Left trigger
- [ ] Move character: Left Stick
- [ ] Exit inventory: Trackpad click

Attached: 465AEF57-C678-4F72-9790-D2F0F4552D20.jpg (3648x1744, 1.03M)

deus ex has that problem too
swimming, pepper spray, that one-use pistol, a few of the augments i remember being kinda shit
i do agree that deus ex has more approach options tho.

as someone who played both relatively recently, personally i found SS2 to have less annoying things to deal with, for example i remember every grunt carrying a knife, which meant i had to loot stuff individually. SS2 inventory management was much more bearable

They're not really similar.

personally I like deus ex more becuase you could finish the game with literally any build you wanted, there are a lot more silly moments with the gameplay I liked as well
The story I enjoyed more as well

wut
pepper spray is busted, just run up to the elite cyborg guys with rocket launchers on their arms, give them a spray, then wack them on the nape with the baton for an easy take down.
It's also great as a utility tool for getting past lasers if hacking the terminals or finding the log in isn't an option

yeah, but you gotta use a short range consumable and then get around them to hit them.

why not just use the crossbow to stun them at range?
no need to aim for the nape, no need to run up to an enemy with a RL.

on that note, "nape" is a big word, don't some enemies have broken hitbox and their weakspot is literally where a tramp stamp would be?

Why does every single immersive sim go to shit in the final quarter?

it's hard to compare the two because they're only similar in some aspects and completely different in others. for zooomers it might be hard to grasp this because every game now is either just copy/pasted from the same base game made years ago, just with different graphics and interactions or made from a unreal engine preset.

You try mapping a 90s shooter/RPG hybrid to a fucking Dreamcast controller. A better question is "what was SEGA thinking" because they produced a controller that was objectively worse than both SEGA's previous controllers and their competitors'. It's one thing to lack two thumbsticks, given that wasn't anywhere near standard in 1998, but to produce something that lacked the 6 face buttons and high-quality dpad of the Saturn 3D controller is abominable.

But why?

That’s true. A game like SS2 is easy to map to a modern controller, like displays, but the dreamcast’s controller is missing too much. That being said there were some things that could have been rearranged in that.

What WOULD be the perfect controller to use for SS2 if any?

To see if its comfortable enough to use dependably. Just something I was curious about more than anything, but if it works well enough them I’ll try a playthrough of it with my PC connected to my TV. If it works well for Prey (2017) it can work well for SS2 as well.

thats where they usually run out of budget

Well to each its own, if you want it on a teevee it's logical; I'm too used to wasd mouse for fps and the likes.

No but they're different anyway.

I remember Prey's endgame being alright