Game is fun

Game is fun
Seethe boomers

Attached: Cover_Art_of_Doom_Eternal.png (258x387, 217.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/7zwQIahOj0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

go to bed zoomer

it's hectic as Hell in the best and worst ways possible... still prefer 2016.

>The height of zoomer entertainment is Simon Says but with reddit space vikings
Cope

Are zoomers able to form their own opinions?

and metadoom is epic

if luulubuu and pixelbuster mean anything, zoomers can't even steal or fabricate more interesting opinions
when they're in the same confined space of repeated meme formats and opinions, even the "hot take" makers will feel like ai generated posts

>Deslikes the Sentinel but not the Darksiders looking demons or Master Chief bootleg armor

Demons always looked cartoony and stupid, zoom zoom

As a millenial I think that Doom Eternal has a fun campaign & Id Software has shifted to a more watered down, linear campaign experience and it works for the type of sandbox combat they have created for it. I just wish that Doom could use its current tech and go back to dungeon crawling based exploration similar to Metroid Primes just like The Ultimate Doom did. This has inspired me to get into game dev, wish me luck Any Forums!

Attached: aa09f652-67b2-44d8-9494-c42c8642c127.jpg (1248x702, 252.85K)

There's a difference in aesthetics that you'd know, if you paid attention when every WRPG, MMO and MOBA studio wanted to copycat Blizzard's art style, which was a result of copying Warhammer
That chittin anatomy and "exaggerated blocky features" are not the same art style in the 90's games trying to mimic b-movies and DnD
No fucking way it took the Demon Souls demaster to make people notice this

ok markov chain poster

Mods and wads exists.
Doom has the best modding scene, that everything you want to exists probably does but as playable fanfiction.
The only thing bad about a great mod is that it's not "official".

The platforming is not that bad.
People either hate it because of the somewhat "Mario-ish" presentation, carry over from other games doing first person platforming worse or the fact that they held up Eternal in such high regard, they try to compensate by finding "the one issue that truly helds this game back".

DOOM 6 WHEN?

>Mods and wads exists.
I'm into the wad scene and done little bit of mapping for Quake too. I just wish that scene would modernize itself & I see the signs with Prodeus mapping scene. I just want to become part of that transition that brings classic doom experience into modern tech.

Attached: screen1scifi-480x263-707028032.png (480x263, 259.44K)

It was.

A lot of 2016 and Eternal was a result of not being able to mimick classic Doom in a big, AAA scope.
Eveb the parts that its greatest fans hate are still a result of that formula.

vocaroo.com/7zwQIahOj0Q

Wow, isn't that the badass LE DOOM SLAYA!?!? This is so epic and metal XD! le based dev god Hugo and his butt buddy le Marty want to EXPAND THE DOOM POWA FANTASY, uh, yayah!!! Shut up and take my money lmao :P THE DOOM SLAYA NOW HAS EXPOSED BICEPS OMGG!!!!!, I'm getting really horny!!!! Oh wow all wads are canon... wowow omg that means NUTS.WAD IS CANON OMG SO WACKY AND CUHHHRAZEH OMG DOOM SLAYA FIGHTING FOR AEONS OF TIME UHHHH MMMMM YESSSS THE ANCIENT DEMONS SAVED HIM UHHHH FEELS SO GOOD MMMM LORE EXPOSITION IM FEELIN REAL NICE!!!! MY PENIS HAS BEEN MEGASPHERED UHHHH *looks down at his shrivelled member and grabs it with a swipe from the side like an edgy DOOM SLAYUH cutscene* WOW, WHAT'S THIS?? HE STAYED IN HELL TO FIGHT THE DEMONS LIKE IN DOOM 64?!?!?! HOW BASED CAN ID GET?!! *starts stroking and making epic revenant AHHH meme noises* I-IS THAT A FLOATING QUESITON MARK AND EXTRA LIFE IN MY DOOM GAME, UH YYYYYYYESSSS!!!! *hand turns into a fucking mach 5 piston with iron man colors and a snoo decal* AHHHHHHH OH MY GOD HE IS AN ANCIENT WARRIOR AND LE ANCIENT CIVILIATION ALIENS LE ALIEN QUEEN AND VEGA ROAD TRIP THROUGH SPACE AAAHAAAHAHA IM COOOOOOMING AND CONSOOOOOMING REDDIT-TIER LOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!11111 *wipes cum on doomguy amiibo and strokes 3d printed crucible he made from an r/doom tutorial while waiting out his refractory period by dressing up as doomgirl and posting it for karma then getting hard again because he read an epic marty strapon tweet about how mick gordon is farting into a mic for the third time to score the epic kar en kukold dlc*

Attached: 1557055487404.jpg (960x584, 320.01K)

I don't think it's boomers who hate this. It's mostly just people who are bad at videogames in general.

I enjoy all of the Doom games

>Eveb the parts that its greatest fans hate are still a result of that formula.
understandably, but I don't think Nu-Dooms are a result of failure or misunderstanding of any kind. Rather, the attitudes & intent of the team have shifted over time. The original Id Software were big on D&D and their settings kind of reflected that. They were basically their take on the Ultima Underworld but watered down 3D dungeon exploration with emphasis on action & upgrading the tech. The current Id Software no longer cares about that.

Attached: System-Shock-3-Pre-Alpha-45.jpg (1162x637, 53.24K)

Game IS fun, although it's a different kind of fun than the original games. It's a Doom-themed action-FPS hybrid, but I do want games like that ever since 2016's Arcade Mode, which Eternal feels like a whole game of. It and Ultrakill are the shit but I get that what those games do aren't what some people want from their FPS.

This guy gets it.

Is it possible for the next Doom or Quake to focus on both fast action and exploration?
One thing is enemy placement but the only thing stopping id from putting focus on exploration would be people getting lost or not paying attention, so it can't be much of a technical thing right?