Are there any games that are only popular on Any Forums and nowhere else?

Are there any games that are only popular on Any Forums and nowhere else?

Attached: v.png (494x336, 15.55K)

Ghost runner

Black Souls

Black lives splatter

i never see noita discussed anywhere else. none of my irl friends and most people i talk with online have heard about it, much less actually enjoy it

Little witch Nobeta

noita is hugely popular, go check the review count on steam

Summertime Saga
>go check the review count on steam
-thanks to v

The last of us 2 /v loves it

Metal Gear Rising is particularly liked here and memed on. It's not like it isn't popular elsewhere but Any Forums has a religious fascination with it.

The problem with the question is that if Any Forums likes a game everywhere else will like it too.

what? no
it's thanks to viral marketing, streamers/youtubers, and the people running the wiki
noita threads aren't even close to being hugely popular threads and mostly have the same few people. tons of noita threads just die because no one posts in them and this has been the case since the game came out. you are vastly overestimating Any Forums outreach

This unfinished shit, there's so many people that put this in their 3x3 to look cool, same dudes who criticize nintendo games they haven't played or some other trendy new shit like among us or fall guys. I dont hate this game or anything but it is in fact shit.

Attached: Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (266x374, 26.48K)

Most of Any Forums is full of tourists that only play what is popular, but from what I remember:
>Black Souls
>Postal
>MGR (but some e-celeb made a meme-filled review about it and got mainstream attention)
>EYE (except Steam forums, somehow)
>Killer7
>Fear & Hunger
>Mass Effect
Although it's more of a general list of games that are mostly discussed on Any Forums rather than be popular on Any Forums, because the aforementioned tourists talk about popular garbage like Call of Duty, Minecraft, Lost Ark, gacha etc. while anything more niche is pushed off the board. But they have or have had persistent staying power on Any Forums and still have even when the game isn't popular anymore.

fisher of scorn

TWEWY, Ghost Trick, Higurashi/Umineko

Everyone from Eastern europe played this

>are vastly overestimating Any Forums outreach
You vastly undervalue how many of every single group you pointed out lurk here and this websites affect of game exposure in the past.
This website started the term viral marketing.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart before e-whorecelebs streamed and played it

Attached: srb2kartkoopagif.gif (299x178, 678.69K)

until you can prove any of that you're operating purely off of hearsay
I'm not saying Any Forums has no influence whatsoever but to attribute the success of a game to Any Forums is opening a giant can of worms when it comes to actually proving something like that

>there's so many people that put this in their 3x3 to look cool
>I dont hate this game
In fact you do

>Mass Effect
What the fuck nigger, you can't be serious

elden ring

Bloodborne

Wasn't discussed anywhere else until Andromeda, and even now you can regularly see threads for the first 3 games.

MGR is well liked everywhere, it's just not insanely popular.

I know normies who love Mass Effect dude

I really don't, if you hate a game you invade their threads like say a smash thread just to whine about it

Most anime games

Well shit then I'm wrong in that regard

Blacksouls without a doubt

Attached: alice.png (1000x1000, 1.62M)

Any Forums doesn't play video games

Twitter trannies like Umineko
See above
Fuck, is it pozzed now? I wanted to try this at least once

about that

Attached: redditborne.png (429x270, 18.58K)

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 423.8K)

Fallout New Vegas

Yeah anyone whose played it absolutely loves it, it's just such a perfect video game

>mfw I read bloodbornesliders as bloodbornesisters
I spend too much time here

Attached: file.gif (280x152, 663.42K)

The likes of Persona, Danganronpa, Initial D and Touhou are pretty much Russian Roulette depending on who you talk to.

I can think of one

Attached: 1645023014773.jpg (836x562, 319.63K)

they probably love it for pew pew and not it's complex interactive narrative