No Man's Sky thread

Sentinel and combat update has been announced. I have been waiting for this for years.
youtu.be/HEJfPZPTYRA
nomanssky.com/sentinel-update/

Attached: sentinel-hardframe-mech-5-1040w.jpg (1040x585, 202.49K)

Patch notes:
SENTINELS (1/2)
Three new types of Sentinel Drone have been added: Heavy Combat Drones, Repair Drones and Summoner Drones.
Combat Drones use a variety of weapons, including terrain-destroying grenades, close-range scatter shot, and a rapid fire laser rifle.
Repair Drones are lightly armed and weak, but will rapidly seek out and repair any damaged Sentinel units.
Summoner Drones are little threat in themselves but if left unchecked will quickly overwhelm careless Travellers by calling in waves of reinforcements.
Sentinel drone navigation has been reworked, allowing for better pathfinding over rough terrain, and allowing drones to pursue players into buildings and caves.
Sentinel Drones now deploy static combat shields, creating a dynamic battlefield. Players may manoeuvre to take advantage of these shields for themselves, or open fire to destroy the shield.
A new high-level Sentinel has been added, the Hardframe Battle Mech.
The Hardframe can be found at high alert levels or patrolling near secure buildings.
The Hardframe is well-armoured but highly mobile, being equipped with a jetpack.
The Hardframe has access to a range of weaponry, including grenades and a plasma flamethrower.
Sentinels can now be temporarily disabled, either by defeating the final wave of Sentinel forces in a battle, or by locating and interfacing with a planetary Sentinel Pillar.
The canisters dropped by Sentinel forces have been visually refreshed, with drones, quads, Walkers and Hardframes all dropping distinct items.
Sentinel canisters have had their physics adjusted so that they are less likely to roll away at high speeds during a fight.

the trailer looked pretty underwhelming at least

Attached: file.png (276x73, 12.82K)

SENTINELS (2/2)
At higher alert levels, or on extreme Sentinel worlds, waves have been adjusted to bring additional forces in over time.
Sentinel base health has been increased.
Sentinel weapon ranges have been adjusted to keep targets in a more structured combat formation.
Sentinel firing rates have been adjusted for a more dynamic combat experience.
The Sentinel Walker’s vital armour now covers only their head unit.
Destroying the leg armour of a Sentinel Walker will now temporarily buckle the Walker.
The speed of the Sentinel Walker’s projectiles has been increased.
The Sentinel Walker’s grenades now destroy planetary terrain.
Fixed a number of issues with Sentinel Walker aiming and navigation.
Fixed an issue that caused Sentinel drones to fly into space to investigate crimes committed by players on other worlds.
Players will no longer be alerting about Sentinels investigating crimes committed by players they are not grouped with.
Sentinel alert icons have been adjusted, and alert states consolidated, to make it more clear what state various Sentinel forces are in when searching for a player.
Fixed an issue where players may be sent to extreme Sentinel worlds by missions that should avoid extreme Sentinels.

Not buying anything from these lying faggots.

...buy?

Attached: 1639865619068.png (958x498, 675.43K)

Base building is a bit shit in this game. I really only serves as a place to build my vehicle pads.

>Keep adding content
>But doesn't add anything to do with it
Every time

Is No Man's Sky, dare I say, redeemed?

Attached: sir.png (1012x800, 295.6K)

They overhauled Sentinels and the combat. This isn't adding new content, it's improving on what already exists.

so even worse

the confirmed deck support is nice. NMS was already decent on Linux but the wine prefix had to be set to windows 7 (instead of 10) for online to work, which I'm guessing is part of their support.

>Still nothing to do apart from fly around and look at planets

No

Cringe, still haven't fixed the shitty gameplay and combat yet

It's still boring and repetitive. Just not nearly as bad as it was at launch.

The Switch trailer was embarrassing. You could see that it was locked to 30 and there were significant stutters in the footage, especially in space. I don't know how they thought they could possibly make it work on such weak hardware.

is there something to do yet?

This update literally addresses combat.

>Still holding down L2 for a beam
>Nothing to fight apart from drones
They haven't addressed shit

How in the actual fuck is this going to run on a Switch? Going to be more of a blurry 144p mess than Warframe and Doom Eternal

>I don't know how they thought they could possibly make it work on such weak hardware.
it should easy run on the switch

>we changed the hp so its less spongey but you still need to stand still and hold laser

OMG THEY CHANGED COOMBAT!!!!

>>we changed the hp so its less spongey but you still need to stand still and hold laser
And where did you read that?

>Still no proper exploration of planets that are flourishing with alien civilizations where you have to solve problems ala Star Trek

Don't give that much of a fuck about base building or weak ass ground combat. The only cool thing they added in years was the abandon ship exploration.

the release version was the best.

you mean the freighters? the first few are interesting, still didn't read that shit, but eventually they turn into a slog.
10 memos later just give me the damn credentials I need so I can progress and get my freighter upgrade.

From the other dead thread. Is this worth $23? Lowest so far has been $20

The kind of game you want is likely not possible.

The best thing in NMS is the Organic Ship but that's grindy as fuck to get

Sean and his soifriends are retarded, instead of letting NMS die and make a true sequel or spiritual successor with good content they keep on adding dumb shit to this trainwreck. That's like adding a boss rush or ultra hard mode or horde mode on a game that is complete dogshit, the game will have more content and probably be "better" but shit is still shit amd can't be fixed.
It's been almost 6 years, had they been working on a sequel, it would be out by now.

They really should include populated planets and fuckable waifus in the game

it's very possible. find a small alien town with skyrim quests.

No, there still is no goal besides grinding money to get the best ships and tools. Procedural generated exploration is very rarely interesting on it's own.

>What is Starfield
Never doubt Todd

You can already build small alien towns, and its residents already give you quests.

We haven't even seen Starfield's gameplay yet.

Nu-Male's Sky.

This game is dogshit.

Attached: 1417369297954.png (1310x1170, 636.06K)

It’s a very niche form of game and whether you’ll like it entirely depends on if you want a slow paced space exploration game. If that’s what you really want, this game delivers

Only based post in this thread TBQHWYMN

>Nooooo we haven't seen gameplay yet
Okay so? You're here defending No Man's Sky

How do you think game development works? If a sequel came out it would just be he current version of nms. Literally everything from version 1.0 has been reworked

>royal multitool
>it's literally that one ship
must feel good for the players who actually LIKE that exotic design
for me it's the squid

you know starfield is going to be worse than skyrim

>game is built around procedural shit instead of social tools
It's a failure for nobodies

I'm defending a game I played and enjoyed. You are defending a game you know nothing about.

>That's like adding a boss rush or ultra hard mode or horde mode on a game that is complete dogshit, the game will have more content and probably be "better" but shit is still shit amd can't be fixed.
I knew something felt off about the upcoming Metroid Dread DLC

already played it to death since it came out im done with it

combat in sims is a bad idea