Cozy Breath of Fire Thread

Talk about what you love most about your favorite game in the series

Attached: 1555102136936.gif (244x244, 45.41K)

I never did understand the glaring disparity between the artwork and the sprites in 3

Attached: 1555102208009.png (246x166, 61.89K)

Yuna getting away with it.

Ershin was a far better character than he had any right to be. His arc was incredibly good.

Attached: 1555102785722.png (894x943, 857.82K)

I jacked off so much to Nina's pantsu in BoF3 as a kid. That is all.

>he
>His

"Ershin" is male(suit of armor), Deis is a separate entity.

Yeah, yeah, I know Deis was in there. I'm talking about the armor, silly.

Man BoF3 was so good, has to be one of my favourite JRPGS, I've only just got a copy of BoF4 & 5, am I gonna have a goof time, or did it already peak at 3

post that webm

Most people think that the series peaked in 3 or in 4.
5 is very different from the rest, if in a good or bad way, it depends wildly on the taste of the judge.
But if you liked 3 you will probably AT LEAST like 4.

Right is a fan art ?
And I think the disparity is caused by the art being made late in developpement.

Is it worth it to play 1 and 2?
3 is one of my GOATs.

No, it's a screenshot of the ending cutscene

I like 1 and 2, but they are not in the same level as 3.

I love 3 but for me, the best one is 2
It was my first JRPG and I loved every single minute I spent playing it
Every character having an arc and development was pure kino
The humor was great and the story was engaging.

I played 1 after 3. You have to go into it with an open mind and remember the technology that was available at the time. If you can stick with it I think you'll find it enjoyable. Still haven't gotten around to 2 myself.

might have been artistic decisions/color palette stuff at the top level
sometimes they're just anal about it and maybe they thought the reds on a sprite just didn't suit her/were TOO bright/some other autistic director decision

Loved 3 when I was a kid, so I wanted to play the whole series now. I started 1 a few days ago, currently at that part when a guy steals the giant robot and destroys that city.
It's a cool game but the story is not that developed. Also there's A LOT of random encounters.
Looking forward to playing 2 because of the cat girl. I absolutely love the character art in these games.

2 is a blast (at least with the translation fix) and has very cool mechanics; it only has one problem, the combat is VERY SLOW, so I recommend playing it with an emulator and the Fwd button at hand.
Also, it's one of those games where the "bad" ending is arguably better thanthe ""good" one, and if you don't know what's going on you'll head directly to the "bad" one.

The art design is pure soul, unquestionably. You can reduce the encounter rate using an item from the shops. Can't remember exactly what it was called, marble or something?