The thing that offends me most about ME isn't ME3 and its lack of reactivity and retarded fucking starchild bullshit...

The thing that offends me most about ME isn't ME3 and its lack of reactivity and retarded fucking starchild bullshit. It's ME2: Arrival.

We have an entire DLC where a bunch of indoctrinated people sit around telling you that they're trying to stop the Reapers coming through a specific relay and then, PLOT TWIST, they actually want the Reapers to come through said relay.

At the end you destroy the relay which blows up an entire fucking solar system and Harbinger is all like "Grrr Shepard you are an ant, we will fight you grrr, this delay has only saved you two years".

Why the FUCK would they not end the DLC with a theme akin to "Haha Shepard, we are far beyond your galaxy and we're so far above you that we can still trick you into destroying it without us even needing to lift a finger. The relay shit was all a ruse".

It honestly baffles me that Arrival was serious rather than a Reaper con.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 81.97K)

Arrival is the dumbest fucking shit I’ve ever seen n a video game, and it’s all so they could retcon Udina as the council representative so he can enable the epic(tm) Kai Leng citadel sequence.

Also
>mass relays are literally indestructible, they’re basically magic
>n-no, nobody just tried it haha just slam a rock into one lol w-what do you mea, the one that’s literally inside a star j-just hit it with a rock ok

I was forced to watch a Marvel movie once where Thor tanked a supernova to forge an axe and then couldn't handle a fist fight with Thanatos. It's the same shit. People think stars are just kinda hot and big rocks or fists are more violent/powerful.

I could beat a star in a fistfight

Thanos is the most wanked villain sue in all of Marvel where he is only allowed to lose when he himself wills it or the opponent is multiverse-level thread.

Ultron casually bisected him in the What If series befire becoming multiverse-level.
I only know this because that's the only good part I know of that wretched series.

I’m glad you’re not a writer what you said was terrible

It was so fucking dumb that the eternal artificial entities built a shortcut that would only save them 2 measly fucking years.

Not a single one of them is in a star retard take a lap

what you propose is masturbatory and sign of bad writer

My problem with arrival is that it’s dlc and not the main plot. You should have got to actually see Aratoht and meet the people who live there. There’s no reason to make the player care about a Batarian colony when most of the backgrounds hate batarians. There’s no reason for the collectors to start the reaper harvest early if the reapers are literally arriving.
Mass effect 2 was dumb.

in the codex in the first game one was “lost” then found in a star

I'm playing through Mass Effect 3 right now after having put it off all this time and I have to say this game is leagues better than 2 and I might even like it better than 1. Is the intense hatred for this game purely from the ending not taking the series decisions into account?

Pretty much. The game itself isn't bad, apart from some downright awful writing at parts such as cyber-naruto, but the ending is if anything made even more insulting after the rest of the game is actually decent.

It's dumb but you can hand wave it as being more of a strategy/efficiency thing. Their normal plan is to pop in to the seat of galactic civilization and work their way down, instead they have to expend a large amount of energy crossing dark space then slowly sweep across the galaxy. It's no wonder they're always so tired when they spot you in 3.

>this game is leagues better than 2 and I might even like it better than 1
Stop smoking bad shit

>Chad Leng STILL making ME bros seethe and cope after all these years

3 has better gameplay for sure, but it’s extremely linear and fucked up a lot of the original characters to the point I wouldn’t recognise them if they had different models.
It also gutted dialogue and basically hands you the optimal outcomes on a platter if you imported your save, so it becomes almost like a vn with shooting sections where good outcomes just happen, whereas everything is shit with a new save.
It also had far too many characters and previous choices to contend with, so you get fuck all content with characters that are supposedly super important and close to both you and the war effort.
And they narrowed down Shepard’s character to what they felt he should be, rather than schizo range of the past games. The kid shit was pure cringe, and it peaks at the end.

At least leng works at an annoying asshat literally and figuratively built to antagonize Shep. Just look at OP and Harbinger the Reaper boss constantly shaking his fist and seething about Shepard thwarting his plans.

I still don’t know if Leng was meant to be played straight or as a parody. He literally doesn’t succeed at anything in the game. With the omega dlc he gets even more ridiculous because of lash. I literally ragdoll him around a room the whole fight like a weeb paraplegic only for him to pull a sasuke in a cutscene. It’s uncanny

>The thing that offends me
>reddit spacing
ishyfhrgrgt

Attached: 1515707217175.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

>tell me Death Note is your favorite anime without telling me that Death Note is your favorite anime

you left out that he was essentially sucker punched at lightspeed with a laser beam produced by one of the infinity stones. it's not like somebody ran up to him and karate kicked him in half. lol

Reddit Leng will never be cool.