Is it really the best game of all time?

is it really the best game of all time?

Attached: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.png (512x374, 264.44K)

no

yes

maybe

-having to ask
-the implication
-of course it is

Objectively? Probably not.
For me, personally? Easily among my favorite games of all time. There is just something special about it for me. It probably helps that I bought it on release and it really felt absolutely groundbreaking to me at the time.

Attached: 1643659591856.webm (576x758, 633.15K)

One of.

Attached: image_2022-02-16_120126.png (600x400, 416.47K)

One of the first games that actually felt like stepping into another world

This. There’s something just so magical game it

>Mario's 3D transition
>Citizen Cane of video games
>Zelda's 3D transition
>Citizen Cane of video games part II
How did Nintendo do it?

indeed, i pity anyone who cannot just boot up an emulator and get sucked into the world that feels like it's alive

Attached: vidya.jpg (682x594, 105.89K)

>half a second of input delay
no thanks

Nah and I could tell you why but then a retard here would just say I'm repeating the same points some YouTuber made which somehow makes them all invalid, so why bother?
Yes, Zelda is the most perfect game ever, please buy BOTW2 when it comes out

Not sure if it's the best, but definitely top 10 all time.

One of the best absolutely.

you're doing something wrong then

Attached: vidya.jpg (647x537, 96.41K)

>Yes, Zelda is the most perfect game ever, please buy BOTW2 when it comes out
Thanks for the recommendation!

It's probably the best action adventure game of all time. MAYBE Metroid Prime or Little Big Adventure 2, but I think OOT just about clenches it.

It's pretty damn good. I played it through for the first time last year and had a blast. I actually had a N64 growing up but for some reason missed both Zelda games for it. I also had PC so obviously I thought 1998 PC games were superior to N64 games like Goldeneye, but I get that not many got to grew up with multiple systems. It's not like PC had many games like OoT on it.

It’s a good game but jesus fuck can we move on already? I swear to god most people are mindless herd animals

No.

Attached: 1632912258415.jpg (777x1080, 325.45K)

I really feel like comparing Goldeneye directly to PC FPS of time is a mistake anyway. It's a whole different beast. Maybe some games that came a few years down the line like Deus Ex. The appeal of Goldeneye is that it gives you the James Bond experience. It's not Quake.

reminder it will still be a great game tomorrow

Attached: spoiler.jpg (632x5215, 744.11K)

It's a good game and GOAT of its time. Video games being a rapidly developing field means that it's been surpassed by others even in the same series (looking at BotW)

I don't know.

Metroid Prime is better

>looking at BotW
Literally stopped reading right there

>shitty 3D tech demo for the N64
Kek

probably. if I was forced to choose only 1 game to play for the rest of my life, I can't think of anything else that would even be a contender. Majora's great, but it's not as relaxing.
Ocarina is basically perfect.

Attached: 1631525759585.jpg (280x280, 11.6K)

>chose the worst entry in the series since the CD-i games
try again