Why do japanese games use the phrase "It can't be helped" its fucking annoying I don't get it is it a translation error...

Why do japanese games use the phrase "It can't be helped" its fucking annoying I don't get it is it a translation error or what.

Attached: 1637312505525.png (360x360, 130.38K)

skattanai...

I never realized how annoying that is until you pointed it out

Sha nai na...

it's a japanese phrase that cannot be accurately translated.
instead of making any attempt at it, translatorniggers use the same copout every time.

>He's fast!

Attached: 8d75f5eb21af7ff3e0834cddbae4a3c34.jpg (448x351, 26.65K)

because it can't be helped user

仕方にゃん :3

Shut the fuck up retard

Attached: the-sopranos-tony-soprano.webm (640x640, 314.24K)

what the fuck is with japanimaytion having the characters shout "OH MY GOD" constantly like what are we, that nigger that shouted "he need some milk" that one time?

You want an accurate translation? It can’t be helped.

that's funny. i would play a game that was localised using 2014 black (vine) humour

Attached: 21.jpg (359x359, 11.23K)

can't be helped.

Black baby

Because instead of using a more natural expression, like “it’s not like i can do anything about it”, “i can’t do much/shit about that” or sth like that, translators (mostly american but it can happen in any translation team) don’t really try to translate properly…
For example, in japanese, it’s considered natural to repeat words. It wouldn’t be considered too repetitive for the natives, but in english? Or french? You can’t do that shit. You need to properly adapt the speech you’re translating into the new language.

He never had the makings of a varsity athlete, I guess it can't be helped

It's one of the few words that English doesn't really have a smooth phrase for. Did you know French don't have a word for specifically 'demand'? Many languages have obvious holes like that, even English, though they probably have the least of all

So either we can pick up the long ass Jap word or just keep using a sorta clunky workaround

Does English have words for the day before yesterday and the day after tomorrow?

Ɛ= _( :3 ⅃ ∠)_
WAAH! What are we going to do on the bed?! :3

>I don't get it
It's not a complicated sentence dude

>it's a japanese phrase that cannot be accurately translated.
The translations translate the meaning and sentiment just fine. It's just repetitive because Japanese is itself repetitive.

The actual use case of しょうがない 仕方ない etc is near identical to that of
"Oh well." or perhaps "Nothing we can do about it (now)."

it's not even a word, it's a phrase that's more or less "the method/result is not" with implication something didn't work

Why can't they just say "Oh well..." or something instead?

You think that's bad? Pay attention to how often they use the phrase "at any rate".

"shi-kata" is "means/method", "nai" is the negative connotation. Literal translation would be "there is no means/method", so basically "it can't be helped/there's no way" etc.

>cannot be accurately translated

Attached: 63fdba2464[1].png (1528x422, 30.71K)

>Yiddish

>said literally no one
Im going to sleep, alone, as usual.

Attached: 1638719211605.jpg (229x343, 24.33K)

Attached: 1642309989045.gif (342x360, 3.98M)

>hmmmm we need a word for the before yesterday
>how about... beforeyesterday
Nice try, Hans

Translators translate the phrase in multiple ways. It's just that it's so common and used in so many contexts that "oh well..." Or shit like that wouldn't cover it. It's often used without any real disappointment involved like when it's used in a playful manner "you are hopeless" etc.

Nice try but german has the explicit grammer mechanic build in to combine nouns freestyle and it being grammatically correct as well as sounding right.

It's one of the best features of the language and most loanwords english takes from german are combined nouns so it's basically admitting the feature is great. If researchers tried to create the perfect language that mechanic would be definitely in.