What happened with mass effect andromeda? what were the development issues?

what happened with mass effect andromeda? what were the development issues?

Attached: wp2067693.jpg (3840x2160, 575.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wy_YbOZ9Lc8
youtube.com/watch?v=D12n35evy0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ETYml7oU5UA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They hired women

yeah that kind of non-answer has been thrown around a lot on Any Forums. im more interested in a timeline of events from the higher ups in ea/bioware

Pretty sure the gist if it are they don't know how to use Frostbite for RPG and short dev time

i read something about the scope of the game supposedly being much bigger at the outset. like they were apparently going for something like no mans sky with a near infinite galaxy to explore

My memories are fried but if I recall correctly, they chose the Frostbite engine, an engine that does not work well with non-FPS games and most of the help, if not all, that EA sent where pulled back to help with Battlefield games (or was it FIFA?). Not only that but BioWare Montreal were the ones working on this project and they only up to that point only did DLC for the Mass Effect series. Also, they spent nearly all of their development time trying so hard to get this randomly generated planets function to work but just couldn't get it to work correctly.

do you have any insight on why they chose frostbite? or what exactly went wrong with the procedural planet generation?

Becouse frostbite is EA propriety software. All their games use it to save money. Also it's easy to blame the engines but Bioware are really incompetent these days

>do you have any insight on why they chose frostbite?
As far as I recall, it is not confirmed if EA forced it or made BioWare inclined to use it as it is EA's engine, they don't need to pay royalties if they use their own engine.

>or what exactly went wrong with the procedural planet generation?
From the words from the staff, it just wasn't fun to play through, no matter what tweaks were done.

I don't know but I downloaded it on a whim a couple weeks ago and am having a blast on the harder difficulty. The first boss sure is a gigantic bitch, and fuck the battle with the giant alien dinosaurs that comes immediately after that one too.

there is some cool stuff in the game. the traversal looks fun. and i heard they patched up a fair amount of the weirdness from launch

I think they had a lot of staff called away to help work on that other game, Anthem? Apex? It was A something and all those games blend together for me, point is that it had staff juggling and likely did not have deadlines extended in spite of effectively losing staff (as staff was helping with the other game).

I think that is what i remember hearing from a "In Defense of" styled youtube video.

Here's more fleshed out answer - it was made by B studio, chasing a trend of procedure generated worlds in engine, that isn't fitted for it. They changed the game several times until 2-1.5 years before release they had solid vision. Then lack of time in development, gave us hilarious animation glitches. But no amount of development can fix lackluster story and awful writing, pinnacle of which was "my face is tired". Here you go, a non fag response

The first half of this video explains it in detail.
youtube.com/watch?v=wy_YbOZ9Lc8

TL;DR they had ideas for a No Man's Sky like game with procedurally generated planets, flying ships etc, but they couldn't make it fun, Frostbite was a bitch not meant for RPGs, the final game we got was developed in about 18 months.

did you link the wrong video? not hearing any talk about the development issues.

I actually fucked up, yes, this is the vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=D12n35evy0Y

In the timebar there's a section called "pre-development", that's where it explains everything.

ah, cheers.

If I remember right they were forced to use frostbite by EA and had to make major modifications to the engine to allow it to work in an RPG shooter, and even then it didn't work great.

But that's just the technical aspects, the story and characters being shit is completely on Bioware.

Also, it continues during the "gameplay" section, there he specifically talks about all the problems regarding Frostbite.

They made an mmo out of a singleplayer RPG, and did the suprised pikachu face, when weaksauce substanceless woketard writing and characters, with integrated mobile game tier trash timewaster mechanics somehow did not fly with a crowd, that was lead on for a decade, and then got burned with the ending of ME3.

Instead of returning to the roots of hard sci-fi with compelling worldbuilding, and hilariously tight direction, they imported some reject TORtanic openworld areas, and called it a day.

By the way DA4 is also using Frostbite so its no wonder it will release in 2025 or something

I see a lot of people calling it woke. despite it being absolutely tame to more recent RPGs and even ME3
Gil, the fag option, is way less in your face with it than Cortez.
and Suvi, I genuinely think you wouldn't know was lesbian of you didn't try to flirt as a guy.
and besides occasional background gays that's honestly all i remember.
I think the "pozzed bioware" meme is outdated as fuck with Beamdog and modern Obsidian running around now putting them to shame.

Most of it comes from how there was one shitskin in the development team who couldn't stop seething about whites.
Andromeda's writing problem isn't wokeness since there's nothing about it beyond that one tranny you can find in some some, it's that it feels written by someone who has only watched Marvel movies, it's packed with "haha so ironic and self aware" attempts at humor while the story itself goes within 10 hours from a vague, uninteresting idea of colonizing Andromeda to fighting a Saturday morning cartoon version of the Reapers, all while zero choices matter, to the point where there's literally just one ending, there's not even a ME3 case where you pick one of three, there's nothing, it's a completely linear game, the only things that can change in the game are a few lines of dialogue after making a choice and then not having any effect on anything.

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=ETYml7oU5UA

Nothing? It's the best Mass Effect game by far.

these videos are making a playthrough kinda tempting desu