Be honest. Are they trying to game the algorithm?

Be honest. Are they trying to game the algorithm?
Or someone actually can dedicate 8 hours of their life and listen to someone talk about a video game?
I don't get it.

Who is this for? Why is it so popular?

Attached: review.jpg (1280x720, 141.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dm6ulk0u_2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know and I don't give a shit about PoE but that one autist's super long TES videos are pretty nice.

lost ark KILLED this game.

Dumb trend of making game reviews as long as possible. Dunno if it actually does anything for the algorithm

Aside from the obvious household names, what are some videos you enjoy watching?

inb4 Noah Caldwell

Video essays are just 10 episodes of a podcast in a row with some visuals. Rambling.

Like a directors commentary except from a pretentious hack who's never made a game
What games have directors commentaries btw? I know sly raccoon had it

Well, if I may shamelessly plug something, it'll be this:
youtu.be/Dm6ulk0u_2k
I legit liked the game so much I made a video for anons to enjoy. Your feedback is very much appreciated, because it was really something I never did before
I know it's rough around the edges, but I just want more people here to play this game because it's certainly one of a kind

While I think video essays are always gratutious and have no reason to be as long as they are, besides the creator being lazy, POE is probably the one game where I can understand a review being this long. That game is ridiculously complicated from a mechanical point of view, so mixed in with opinion based content this sort of makes sense

Spelled finest wrong

How so? I only played like 3 hours of POE and thought it was ok but the maps deloading themselves when you leave really turned me off. Should i just uninstall it and stick to lost ark?

TLOU1, Gunpoint, The Shivah
None of them do it as extensively as The Orange Box games however.

It's a Diablo clone. Complicated my ass.

I may be kicking the hornets nest, but what's the problem with Noah? He's my comfort commentator

They've bloated the game with more and more mechanics over the years, all of which are required for you to stand a chance in the endgame, also further driving the need to pay for storage space with each new addition.
The PoE2 update is set to add even more bloat on top of all they bloat they'll have by then.
>Should i just uninstall it and stick to lost ark?
I say uninstall them both, but I haven't tried lost ark, I just know that PoE isn't worth your time.

so the zeitgeist right now is that people need something to occupy their racing thoughts and suppressed anxieties to be able to fall asleep. all these long and "boring" videos are the result of that need. the idea is to watch it for as long as it takes to fall asleep, getting lulled by the monotony. and the next day, you start again st the point where you fell asleep. the videos generate a lot of clicks and watch time this way, because the algorythm just sees the numbers.

Yea i hear the stash tab is total p2w which i don't like. Shame since i enjoyed what i played. Do you think diablo 4 will be better than poe? Can't believe torchlight 3 was so shit after how much i enjoyed 2.

I think that was the idea, because the game was made by the Finnish people

I have zero fucking clue why people watch it.
On that note, I will never understand how Joseph Anderson got so popular. He has literally nothing behind his videos.

YouTube isn’t about views anymore. It’s about watch time

Explain.

I thought it was all about views, no? They bring the ad revenue and shit

I think that now that Blizzard belongs to Microsoft, some obligatory changes have to be made.

What would be the single thing that can save the Diablo franchise?

Background noise

Attached: 1540570742630.jpg (768x1014, 354.31K)