Eastward

I didn't like the ending.

Attached: Eastward.jpg (1140x516, 59.46K)

chinese devs, what did you expect

>playing chinkshit
Got what you deserved.

yeah I didn't like the ending either. I liked the characters alot, especially when they got into the city, and the part where they activate the wind god is especially kino. Felt like they should have fleshed out the crew a lot more. Monkey Train + time travel shenanigans was when I realized the narrative shit the bed.

I was lured in by the nice pixel art

Attached: 1487053166543.jpg (768x1024, 143.94K)

The Monkey Train was when it felt like a new writing crew showed up to wrap up the rest of plot. The core cast with William, Daniel, Isabel, and Alva, finally had me invested, but they're all left with a lot of unanswered questions. And they all either get sidelined for the end or abruptly die off-screen.

So the ending just left me confused and sad.

Attached: 3406597.gif (192x224, 50.8K)

I liked several of the characters, but don't understand why they went with a silent protag for such a story-heavy game. There's a set-up for a tragic romance arc for him, and I couldn't tell whether or not I was supposed to take it seriously because John has all the charisma and emotional response of a wet dishrag. A beige wet dishrag.

Pretty much any of the main cast could have replaced him as the focal point.

Attached: 30586.png (540x462, 129.71K)

The time travel idea of a city stuck in a loop could have been interesting if it was introduced earlier, or at least was explored in a more interesting mechanic than delivering the same letters over and over again. But as is it feels like it didn't tie into the main plot much at all. Doesn't help that all the characters who were really affected by it are introduced and killed off in the same chapter.

filtered

The cooking animation was nice though

Attached: 369058.jpg (612x403, 75.85K)

still really pissed I didn't get the limited edition square frying pan shirt

I listened to the Insert Credit podcast, where the Kings of Cuck said they disliked it because of the story, and dropped it. What triggered the fags?

This game was so boring and story heavy that I dropped it

Well, there's a pretty contrived plot point where one of the main characters (heavily implied to be in a lesbian relationship) gets seriously injured off-screen. It's never revealed what she saw or what exactly happened, but her gf takes her away in hopes of getting her to a place that might help her. A main motivation of the rest of the game then is going on a big dangerous journey to find them both, only for it to be revealed near the end that the injured one died off-screen at some point anyway.

Hmmm... That sounds like decent storytelling? Like, it doesn't provide catharsis for the player, but life doesn't either. I can see how these kinds of people get mad at lesbians being in a human situation.

I'm ashamed as to how much time I spent to win the Earth Born side-game. I think I was of 1% of people who went all the way with it.

Attached: eastward-switch-hero.jpg (1920x1080, 748.53K)

Maybe. It's just kind of salt in the wound because they're two of the only characters in the entire game that actually help you and develop a friendly dynamic with the main leads, and the story goes out of its way to show that she survived her injuries before having her disappear for a while and suddenly revealing that she actually didn't. Doesn't help that the surviving member of the couple just kind of drops from the plot afterwards, and doesn't have any of her origin story explained despite the buildup behind it.

The game overall had a very strange sense of what it chose to focus on after a while. A lot of character plot points either don't really go anywhere or end abruptly off-screen to make way for new standalone chapter conflicts.

I mean that's part of it but it's kinda insulting the specific way and how abruptly that conflict gets resolved after having cool heartwarming adventures with the dyke duo. Ultimately the game shits the bed hard in the 2nd half for reason already stated in this thread

Man I gotta say, I'm kinda interested in this game now.

fuck that shit was kinda hard. I played it like final fantasy instead of DQ and got cheesed that my buffed out guy with cool items got time-cucked kinda like in the main game

I unironically think Alva and Isabel should have been the lead characters as opposed to John. Their implied backstories actually tie into the main conflict and they're the only characters in the entire game that actually have some arc of relationship development. Even if the inevitable tragedy was forecasted about as subtly as an incoming train.

The funniest part is that I wasted a lot of time mapping out a strategy with very limited resources, just for them to reveal that the final city of the game basically offered infinite gashapan token power-ups for 25 bucks a pop.

I went from thinking they were a unique finite item, to just buying thirty of them at once.