Play Project Zomboid

Play Project Zomboid

Attached: 1644986013521.jpg (427x582, 33.36K)

nah too busy playing Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead

there's literally nothing to do until they add npcs

this. the game is so, empty??
>inb4 multiplayer hurr
multi kills the essence of PZ

i can't
it's so boring. i wanted to like it but i don't "get it"
you get food, some seeds, some basic tools you find in the first garage you encounter and then just sit in a house until you get bored and close the game

the only hurdle of challenge is learning how the awful combat, line of sight and inventory systems work. after that you're just walking down the neighborhood street collecting canned food in a garbage bag with 500 zombies casually waddling behind you

this
people piss on streamers but it was very obvious from streams the only fun you get out of this game is doing dumb shit with friends for a week, tops

same with new world as another example, why anyone believed that game was more than a walking simulator with buggy as fuck combat and nothing to do is beyond me

t. ranny

based
zomboid is fucking boring

like literally everything else is there, asides from some late game building content perhaps, just get some decent NPCs in the game and zomboid would be the best sandbox zombie game out there

I think most the fun comes from challenging yourself and not just surviving. Like "can i survive with this gimped build or weather condition". I'm not a big fan of the game myself but I've noticed a lot of videos are about this.

I want to but I'm having a hard time getting into it. Any starting tips?

>it's too easy, waaah
Turn on sprinters.
Turn down loot.

turning on what's effectively instant death does not make a game legitimized in difficulty, the combat system just doesn't support sprinters very well at all. it's nearly impossible to fight more than 2 of them, and if you're playing on low% sprinter chance you're just making random jumpscare gotcha events instead of actual difficulty

i don't think your solutions add anything positive to the game

>making the game harder doesn't add difficulty
>the isometric combat is bad and I refuse to get good at it
>i'm comfortable complaining at this level
Turn down loot.
Make the zombie stronger.
Make the player weaker and level up slower.
Oops! No water (or electricity)

Oh, what am I saying, this is all artificial difficulty.

this is gonna sound like goalpost shifting but i don't think zomboid is a difficult game, or even deserves to be held in respect of being 2hard4u filterbait. it's just not that type of game, it's an immersive sim.
we're talking about boredom and entertainment values, which can be adjacent to challenge or difficulty, but that's not the point. it's about content, and things to do - and this game lacks both of those currently.
>artificial difficulty.
unironically yes, when it comes to sprinters
they're a fantastic concept but it just does not work in zomboid unless you perform further mental gymnastics by enabling or tweaking a multitude of other settings

i agree (somewhat?) with turning down loot etc, but your character can effectively survive for months just squatting in a fraction of a suburb even on the most disparaged Ethiopian settings

>the game isn't difficult when I remove anything that offers anything resembling a challenge
No way.

>enable sprinters
>die at a random moment beyond your control because the game functionally, on a mechanical level, cannot support you fighting more than two of them at the same time
wow i can gloss over your point entirely with greentext too, retard-kun

i need a whole new computer because even this game crashes

Attached: 1435.jpg (1920x1080, 222.33K)

You just suck at combat and you admit to it. Yes, the game is stupid easy if you run from every single fight. Yes that is a viable strategy, until you introduce something that doesn't let you run away easily. Wow. Suddenly the game is a bit more difficult, but you won't admit to it because you think you are hot shit for playing a game of hide and seek with only one player.

???
your argument is built on assumptions of arbitrary "skill", i'm dismissing that part entirely

the combat animations in this game literally have too much recovery delay after every movement to support fighting 2 sprinters at the same time due to the movement of their models, unless you're also suggesting further modification by turning on multi-hit?
what % sprinter is even being suggested here? 1%, 10%, 50%?
when playing with sprinters, i had it on 50% so they were actually part of the game and not just an ultra closetzombie that ends your run out of nowhere
i did not have multi-hit enabled, and the delay of combat animations left not only me but the entire server unable to actually deal with them outside of just spraying them down with a shotgun
>doesn't let you run away easily.
again not sure how this is relevant, we're talking about fighting them specifically, and you will have to fight them as they will corner you constantly by matching your speed

Sounds hard and a better game than just walking away from your problems.

Why aren't NPCs still not in the game? how long has it been now?