I've tried 3 separate times to get into this game and every time I have been bored to tears...

I've tried 3 separate times to get into this game and every time I have been bored to tears. What is it that I'm not seeing that makes everyone else lose their minds over this?

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 1.74M)

I didn't finish it for the same reason, it's too generic and boring

Nothing. You realized the gameplay loop early and it doesn't interest you. That's all it is. Most other people just have a lower standard for entertainment.

This game is loved by people who clap at marvel movies

The opening section of the game is a bit dull due to a lack of enemy variety. After you complete the Proving the world opens up to you fully. But like said, if the initial gameplay loop doesn't interest you then you won't like the game since it's entirely designed around that loop from beginning to end.

Nothing, it's literally just a nice looking game and it gets way too many brownie points for that fact alone.

Its gameplay is standard boring shit, the world is uninteresting, combat sucks, story sucks, characters suck, etc. and it's a bloated generic open world game.

The first game was overshadowed by BotW and the second will be overshadowed by Elden Ring. It's a garbage series.

Do you like open world games? If not, you should know better than to expect you'd like this

The game starts off way too fucking slow, and even once the map opens up it becomes a grind. You won't get really good weapons until much much later in the game, and even then you really need the weapons from the DLC which requires going through that whole storyline. If you aren't able to tolerate the first 3 hours or so you won't be able to tolerate the rest of the game.

All shitposting and dumbass brand loyalty aside, this game really wasn't all that impressive. The combat is fairly dull for a game about hunting robot dinosaurs. Movement (especially dodging) doesn't feel as responsive as it should leading to taking damage that should have been avoided. Add on the thousand different crafting components along with limited inventory space and it becomes more of a chore than it is fun. The characters are nothing special and neither is the open world. It's a pretty game, I'll give it that, but the only other redeeming quality I can think of comes from my own interest in stories about apocalyptic events and how the world builds itself from that. There were some interesting plot points, but I would never replay the game. If you get it for free I'd say try it, otherwise skip.

It took me 4 years to finally finish this game.

This game is like a 7.8 in my head. No one is losing their minds.

If you’re not just here to piss into the wind the game opens up after you get into the desert and is above average in gameplay, sound and graphics. It loses points for various reasons but the base is pretty solid and people who hate it are just typical Any Forums assholes who hate everything.

I'm in the same boat. The combat was repetitive and tedious. The overemphasis on bow combat was lame and the spear felt like shit to use. The world was bland and empty too. And apparently the sequel is more of the same. Never understood why people kept hyping it up.

Attached: 2a0.jpg (600x344, 16.62K)

>even then you really need the weapons from the DLC
t. shitter
All you need is the bow with the hardpoint arrows and any random freeze weapon.

it's not for you, it's for retards

HZD may have flaws but boring combat is not one. You prolly just took down a few watchers and broadheads. Try taking down Fireclaw or Thunderjaw on anything higher than normal.

The game never really clicked with me. First you have hideous child Aloy who looks like a female Joe Dirt. Then you find out her name is Aloy. Just the dumbest fucking name imaginable. Then you have the trials where people are competing and speak really good English. But then they don’t. They speak like cavemen. And Aloy is shooting arrows at 22nd century technology and winning. The entire game is just bad writing and poor execution.

I was talking about the Bows from the DLC. I actually completely forgot about those special weapons it gives you since only one of them was worth a damn and even then took too much finesse to use right and was still crap compared to top tier bow.

Boring combat is one of it's glaring flaws though.
Shoot Glowing weak point or set up trip mine.
Roll from oncoming attacks. Repeat. It's fucking dull, my man.

There is a curve when it comes to combat being interesting. It starts off shit, then starts to get good once you have unlocked some more interesting arrows, then gets boring later on when you can obliterate anything easily including Thunderjaws.

In fairness there is a lore reason why they speak contemporary English Dunno what you mean by 'they talk like cavemen' though.

wtf are you talking about?
there are a ton of new weapons and build opportunities when you get further into the game

>Roll from oncoming attacks. Repeat.

I like H:ZD's combat but damn if this ain't true. They really needed more defensive options then just an invincible roll. All this crazy tech and Aloy couldn't equip some kinda sci-fi shield or something?

let me guess you like Dark Souls combat. You can literally knock off parts of enemies and take away their effectiveness at using certain abilities, shot off a ray gun and use it against them. Its far from boring