This controller felt amazing until I had to use the dpad. What a piece of shit...

This controller felt amazing until I had to use the dpad. What a piece of shit. Pacman 99 is basically unplayable with it

Attached: D15F9503-2820-44EB-9BB7-450F4AA7E5E6.jpg (269x187, 6.34K)

I regret mine too. 70$ waste

>Not using mouse + keyboard
Cringe

do the tape mod nigga. It really improves the dpad.
Fucking piece of shit is 70bux and you still gotta mod it into something usable. That battery life tho

that's a weird complaint to have OP, i use this controller specifically with the dpad only for vampire survivors and i have no issues with it whatsoever. maybe it's because i grew up with NES and SNES dpads. the switch pro controller feels the closest to those only way snappier and tighter. it's definitely not a click like with the xbone controllers, which i also really like, but they're noisy in comparison. i would take either or.

The 8bit do SN30 has a much better dpad. I have both and choose what fits the game I'm playing. I can also use the SN30 for PC.

It’s not weird at all, it’s an incredibly common complaint because it registers a bunch of trash input if you’re moving quickly with it

This is the best controller ever made, even with the shitty dpad

meh, never had an issue. i prefer it over my other controllers too. sorry this has been your experience.

This.
It was also true with the xbox360 controller and everyone loved it

That shit work?

Anyone know a good budget controller for $30? Currently looking at wired 8bitdo sn30 pro, but some anons tell me that the flat design is ass for joystick control

yeah, I first used 3 layers but I needed to press too hard on the pad for it to register the press. So took it apart again and used 2 small square layers of tape, perfect, I was getting lots of fucked up down inputs when pressing right/left. Still holds up after hundred of hours.

By layers, do you mean a strip of scotch tape stuck to another strip of tape and then cut small enough to fit into the spot? 2 tape widths thin seems like it wouldn’t do much of anything

I hate the position of the minus button.

"Open the controller and cover the inner half of the metallic contacts below the D-Pad with some adhesive tape. See pictures below." from r*edit

but yes besides that fix use the small tape squares if he middle part. It does help, try it.

It really is awful, even worse than the xbox 360 dpad.
Just stop with your madkatz tier 8bitpoo recommendations mate.

Hori dpads shit all over 8bitdo. Even ibuffalo snes pads have better dpads than 8bitdo.
You really shouldn't just blindly trust whatever is highest rated on amazon dude.

My left stick keeps drifting and is sticky what do? I already had it repaired once but it just kept drifting like it’s playing Need for Speed in Tokyo

Wii u pro controller is better in every aspect.

lmao no, cheap plastic feel, no heft to it, feels like a toy in your hands.
Also symmetrical joysticks are worthless compared to the superior bottom stick, you can't even play Smash with the Wii U controller.