Endless complaints about weapon durability

>endless complaints about weapon durability
>when you can straight up craft the best weapons in the game with either a Diamond, 5 Flint and a weapon lying in the vicinity, or with your endless supply of Rupees and Guardian parts
>Master Sword has nearly 200 durability completely fucks up Guardians and anything in Hyrule Castle, and then comes back in 10 minutes when you finally break it
>In any other case, it's a solid 30 damage weapon with 40 durability that still comes back in 10 minutes
>This isn't even getting into all the shit you can do to conserve durability, knock enemies off a cliff, knock them into water, set fire to the grass they're standing on, use a thunder weapon in the rain, freeze an enemy for triple damage on next hit, use thunder on a frozen enemy and it'll treat them as if they're wet for even more damage in addition to the 3x multiplier
>Parry to make enemy drop their weapon if your shield is higher in attack power than their weapon, meaning this is guaranteed to make them drop their weapon once you get the Hylian Shield.

I legitimately do not get it. This is my inventory, only done Vah Ruta so far. I kill nearly every single enemy I see. This is also with a bunch of mods installed to make Link weaker and enemies stronger. The only one that could even be considered a buff to Link is adding elemental charges to the Champion weapons because I thought it would be cool. There's just no excuse, if you can't deal with the durability system in the base game with no mods at all, then I'm afraid it's too late for you.

Attached: Cemu_9k4zfcV55k.png (1280x720, 1.38M)

Cope

It's a pain in the ass because it's worthless busywork as you've demonstrated. It's trivial, so this begs the question why is it in the fucking game? If all it does is annoy people and waste their time then it shouldn't be included in the fucking game. Stop pretending like you can't understand this shit. You're just sucking Nintendo's dick.

I think it's the fact a broken weapon can't be repaired. Fallout for example has durability, but you can keep repairing the weapon you want by tearing down the trash you don't want. Nobody complains about durability in Fallout.

>because it's worthless busywork
>all it does is annoy people and waste their time
explain how
>I think it's the fact a broken weapon can't be repaired
this isn't really the game's fault though, people need to stop getting attached to shit and just treat their weapons as the tools they are.

>no, it's the children who are wrong

Finally someone gets it.

Yes, it is because the children don't know how to adapt

>play it on emulator
>game looks and runs better
>turn off durability completely
>game now plays better too

You're very close to getting why it was a badly realised concept, OP.

>drop it after 2 hours of mashing the attack button with your strongest weapon

I think you're just in denial, user. Plenty of games have durability systems and none of them get the same criticism as BotW.

It's so bad in this game for example that it's in a player's best interest to just avoid monster camps because whatever reward they get won't be worth the resources burnt up getting it. When that's the case the durability is actually at odds with the gameplay.

i dont want to have to deal with any of that shit

worked fine for every other zelda game

The reason I didn't like the weapon durability system had nothing to do with how I felt when a weapon broke. Because weapons are disposable, it makes finding them incredibly unexciting after a certain point, and they're some of the few things there are to actually find in the world to begin with.

>why is it in the fucking game
this should be obvious.
>pick up traveler sword
>now don't have to think about weapons until i find the next iteration of 'sword' or whatever other weapon type.
I didn't find it an annoying waste of time. I enjoy having to think about little details. When you raise the ceiling of possibilities on anything you necessarily also lower the floor. If you're a shitter who just facegrinds everything and gets frustrated by breaks that's your problem.

Why even play video games if finding solutions to contrived problems ANGERS you?

Attached: 1557269786109.jpg (563x490, 41.85K)

I won't claim the system is perfect, or even great because by mid-lategame you're constantly being showered with weapons and it ends up not mattering anymore, which is why the complaints about weapons breaking constantly seem even more absurd.
>it's in a player's best interest to just avoid monster camps because whatever reward they get won't be worth the resources burnt up getting it
this will never be true and i'm surprised this meme is still recited to this day

acquiring new weapons in adventure games should be something special, not just finding a sword of plus 2 in every third chest and enemy butthole.

So is it that the game gets boring if you can smash enemies into paste uninhibited by the durability mechanic, or is it that the durability mechanic doesn't restrict you because you're constantly finding weapons so you shouldn't complain when they break?

Yep, this is the main problem. Durability usually is added for immersion, sometimes for difficulty such as Silent Hill's melee weapons that break.
In Silent Hill it makes sense because it's just pipes, sticks and whatever.
In the immersion variant, you're taking care of your weapons.

In BotW it's the opposite of immersive, that even the high quality end game weapons shatter like glass eventually (would be ok for the low tier sticks and bone weapons).
And since new ones are so easy to come by it also doesn't add difficulty. It just makes you stop wanting to use your weapons.

>This is also with a bunch of mods installed
Disregarded.